Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #256 of 339
I’m so happy I only read the first page when it dropped, and this page.

Just saying. :wink:

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #257 of 339
In sum, yes.

IIRC, Pentaconn 4.4mm was first introduced commercially by Sony in Q4 2016, during IFA 2016, on their Walkman series as well as their high-end headphones. As you can read from the link I posted above, JEITA standard RC-8141C has not been updated since March 2016, meaning the 4.4mm design has never made it into the published standard (*nor is any standard regarding any other balanced plug, including the much more popular 2.5mm plug that has been introduced by A&K a few years earlier) till this day.

Oh Wow! Looks like this is conflicting to the already confusing claim of 'We designed 4.4mm according to true Pentaconn specs'(not exact words).
Only one of them can be true... I'm interested to hear the exploitation from WA to this for sure.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #258 of 339
I’m so happy I only read the first page when it dropped, and this page.

Just saying. :wink:

I was in the woo audio thread and it got viral quickly here !
Keeps going fire is still lighten up! Big time

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #260 of 339
Woo Audio is in the customer experience business, their vehicle to the customer is their audio equipment. While this is a simple statement it can be said of all retail, hospitality, restaurants, gas stations, the list goes on and on. If a company exceeds a customer's expectations they "own" that customer for life. If the company stumbles, as Woo has clearly done, the service recovery is even more important and gives them another opportunity to make things right. John's experience with Woo customer service has been poor, it is now up to Woo to work with John and turn his experience around. While a customer is not always right, they are never wrong.

It took me years to realize this, but when I did, it changed my approach to business and the customer experience and my businesses flourished. I know this because I own a restaurant and 2 retail stores. I am in the customer experience business.
Well, @Curtisvill
If I am one your staff, and I had an OPPORTUNITY to say 'I'm DONE talking to you' to your customers, I'd be fired right away right?

Am super surprised how an employee saying such rude comment are still being employed. Perhaps the upper management follow the same culture as the said employee?

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #261 of 339
You are the first person on Head-Fi to see this. And now you are the FIRST post in this thread.
I bet you never saw that coming. :laughing:

I am a heroe ! 🙂🙃
Indeed I was the first to give you support as I can feel how bs this can be and very discouraging.

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #262 of 339
The thread has run through 17 pages and yet not much of progress is going on. If Woo Audio really value their community, they should be here actively engaging in communication with all of us.
@WooAudio is too ARROGANT and EGOISTIC to apologize personally to John, let alone a public apology.

Oh...lack of empathy as well to their loyal and returned customer like John.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #263 of 339
In Chinese, there's a saying as below and this is considered as one of the golden quote in some corporations or businesses.

Rightfully, Woo Audio should have adopted this in the beginning but having 18 pages in a space of less than a week, well....needless to say more.

1596081407185.png

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #264 of 339
Do people really seriously think Woo apologizing would even be accepted by those here who have created brand new head-fi accounts soley for the purpose of speaking out against them?

Of course not. They would just say things like; why wasn't it done earlier, that's not good enough, the apology is not genuine or heartfelt, etc. etc.

It's clear these members just enjoy and feed off the drama, and want to perpetuate it.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #265 of 339
It's clear these members just enjoy and feed off the drama, and want to perpetuate it.

Speaking of drama, I’m sure some newcomers to the thread are confused as to what’s going on. I put together a r/hobbydrama post here if anyone wants to get up to speed or needs a quick summary of what’s taken place.

Jul 30, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #266 of 339
Do people really seriously think Woo apologizing would even be accepted by those here who have created brand new head-fi accounts soley for the purpose of speaking out against them?

Of course not. They would just say things like; why wasn't it done earlier, that's not good enough, the apology is not genuine or heartfelt, etc. etc.

There are myriad reasons for users to post their grievances on a particular issue. Similarly, each has an agenda that might overlap with another individual's; conversely, it could be entirely contradictory in nature.

If you had asked me, this issue could and should have been settled at the onset of the debacle - with a heartfelt apology, and some remedial actions on the part of Woo Audio.

I have no skin in the game, so ideally, I'd like to approach this episode in as neutral a manner as humanly possible. Nevertheless, Woo Audio has shot themselves in the foot with this one; this whole unfortunate incident has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Jul 30, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #267 of 339

With all due respect to you as a reviewer and a Headphone Supremos in Head-Fi, I disagree with your above statement.

After going through all 18 pages, I can confirmed one thing the majority of posters here have..Empathy.
Sense of empathy towards what John has went through in order to get his equipment fix. And indirectly, it is also a platform for Woo Audio to show that they can manage issue of such, effectively and ethically, since this is now at full-blown stage.

Put aside all other matters, and put yourself in John's shoe.
1. You have the seller (Mike) telling you 'I'm DONE talking to you'. How does that suppose to feel by you?
2. The Manager (Jack) steps in. Assumed the seller (Mike) has clarified all points to the Manager, including the above. Has the Manager did his part to apologize on behalf to you for this unethical comments at the very 1st place? Are you not feeling something missing?

I am a Project Director, and I manages projects deliveries as well stakeholders management. Seeing a customer being told off by the seller 'I'm DONE talking to you' is something beyond my understanding in this role for 20 over years and counting.

Unless I have missed something from all your posts specifically here in this thread.

Jul 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #268 of 339
Speaking of drama, I’m sure some newcomers to the thread are confused as to what’s going on. I put together a r/hobbydrama post here if anyone wants to get up to speed or needs a quick summary of what’s taken place.

I didn't know there's a whole subreddit for this kind of internet drama :ksc75smile: Bookmarked for future evenings :beyersmile:

Jul 30, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #269 of 339

You keep mentioning "brand new head-fi accounts" as if they are less valid than your status in this forum. Anyone can sign up at any time and post whatever's on their mind. So what's your point? It's not like being a member is a privilege, so who cares why the accounts have been created? Quit acting like your messages hold more value just because you've been around longer. Granted I'm only judging you by your responses in this thread, as you're not important enough for me to dig deeper into your previous messages.

But I can say with certainty, presenting an opposing viewpoint or simply playing the devil's advocate is not what you're attempting to achieve here. If you want to be truly neutral in this thread, stay impartial rather than trying to discredit and dilute OP's efforts at every turn. There are members in this forum including myself that believe suitable response from WA is warranted to end this fiasco. So don't be quick to speak for everyone else. The burden of proof should never be with the customer. And if the vendor's response is lackluster or its reaction is to retort as evidenced in previous postings, I don't care what the truth is at that point. That is just unacceptable from a customer standpoint. I am already despondent with the hyper-inflated high-end audio industry, and with the purportedly insane profit margin some of these audio companies are earning, the least they can do is provide matching first-rate customer service to its customers.

Is that too much to ask?

Jul 30, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #270 of 339
People and friends,
First of all, thank you for being part of this, you must have spent a considerable amount of time if you are reading this. Thank you for your time and energy. It is sad to see how once a simple dispute has become such an unfortunate event, I'll not comment or tell you how it happened, you can be the judge after reading this thread in its entirety.

My intention of allowing my friend to help me start this post is to share this experience I have for this incident in an as non-biased way as possible. Hopefully it will get WA's attention after they blocked me, and my issues can be solved.
It is never personal but rather towards facts and the incident themselves.

It would be my pleasure if you feel this thread have some useful info or at least a bit of value within it.

I'm not trying to create chaos nor asking people where they should stand. It is sad to see some people got a bit too aggressive and too bipartisan.
The 'two-sides' shouldn't have existed in the first place as we are just audiophiles chatting together and sharing stuff with each other. Being an audiophile should be a fun and learning experience.

I would like to ask everyone to stop direct any attack or speculation towards any person or group.
If you truly want to keep this thread on the right track towards resolving all the issues, then please keep your logic and cool.

I know there have been some accusations towards me, so I would like to ask:
  • If you know me in real life, I would like to thank you and also would like to ask you to be extra objective.
  • If you are affiliated or very close to Woo Audio, I would also like to thank you and please also keep the above in mind.
  • If you are someone that fits both, I would like to thank you and especially ask you to not take sides.

To further answer the question anybody who may still have regarding my stance and integrity. I have asked my friend WadaHiFi for permission to post the following screenshot from our chat when he got attacked and was a bit heated at the time. It happened on the afternoon of 7/29.

Let me translate it for you:
Wada: The original post he(the other person) quoted was deleted by the mod. (Wada's post got deleted)
Me: HaHaHaHaHa
Me: You can't post speculation
Me: Even if you want to accuse someone, you should be reasonable AND with evidence.
WadaHiFi.jpg

Hopefully, this answers your question or at least removed a bit of doubt.

Anything I reported other than the actual facts has been declared(using proper language), if there is anything that's: implied, speculation, or suspicion.
To be honest I tried to not use anything besides facts.

I have been trying to be as truthful and transparent as I possibly can.

If you still think anything I reported is a false claim, please point it out and we can talk about it.

I hope this reaches your heart, as I'm talking my true thoughts from my heart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back