Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #332 of 339
Mike’s one of the nicest and most passionate guys in this hobby. no doubt he’s helped thousands of people enjoy the music. Every man has a bad day now and then. :pray:
I would like to take your words for it, but honestly his reputation wasn’t all that good way before this incident, I knew friends from Canada to US all had something to say about his way of treating customers.
I don’t like to sugarcoat things, if he thinks this is an acceptable customer service, he is more than welcome to continue with whatever he was doing, however the image tanking will extend further into the future.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #333 of 339
When I inform Apple that my AirPod has channel imbalance, they won’t tell me it may be caused by gravity of my home, it is just unpleasant from the get go, don’t ever compare yourself to Apple if you can’t conduct yourself in a professional manner, that’s my two cents.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #334 of 339
Mike’s one of the nicest and most passionate guys in this hobby. no doubt he’s helped thousands of people enjoy the music. Every man has a bad day now and then. :pray:
Still, as a professional representing a company, he should never bring personal emotions into business work whatever. Will an abyss customer service team member ever say "I am done talking to you" to a customer? Or will abyss be proud of not charging consulting fee to their customers? Mike might be a good person but this does not cover his fault.

Aug 8, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #335 of 339
First of all, we are not affiliated with head-fi, nor we are a sponsor. We are a long good friend with the community. Thus, the moderators should do what they think appropriate.

@JohnZS - Your WA11 is the first batch and there are minor differences to the current production. We replaced the PCB for your unit and the current PCB has the switches location recessed into the chassis. Thus, your switches are kind of flush with the chassis. However, this should not affect your normal usage as you won't likely to adjust the setting very frequently. I have replied to your emails but you just simply bring them up here. Also, your headphones were fixed by Abyss and it is going back to you. I consider the problems were addressed and we should move on to enjoying music.

Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack,

Glad to see you here and now that the problem is fixed, maybe you can address some concern that your customer had?

1. What is your finding with John's unit? Are you able to conclude what was wrong and tell all WA11 users what they shouldn't do to prevent the same issue from happening?

2. I know it isn't recommended to use 4 pole connection to WA11 line in (mainly for the noise I think), but the concern is, will connecting 4 pole could damage WA11 in any way? Mike has responded in the other thread that it won't, but it will be great to get double confirmation.

Aug 8, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #336 of 339
it was well packed. Everything I sent to Woo Audio was in the package.
Also, your headphones were fixed by Abyss and it is going back to you. I consider the problems were addressed and we should move on to enjoying music.
I did honestly report everything looks fixed and was returned in well-packed packages. I think I'm done with the repair part of this case as Mike has 'DONE talking to me' even before the repair. If you 'consider the problems were addressed', I take that as you OFFICIAL answer to have no excuse or any sort of reasonable explanation of what happened. (All reported honestly in this thread)
*All conversions in that chained email have been reported to this thread.*

Please don't argue with Woo Audio's affiliate(FACT) if he shows up and attempts to destroy this thread again.
First of all, we are not affiliated with head-fi, nor we are a sponsor. We are a long good friend with the community. Thus, the moderators should do what they think appropriate.
Textbook presidential debate answer. Not even what I have stated. I should be upset but I'm sorry I laughed so hard when I read that.
You are so quick to jump on something that you may think you have a positive stance. But where are you this whole time? Where are you when your affiliate 'Mediahound' was trolling people, and throwing all kinds of nasty blame on me?
I consider you the owner of Woo Audio, you can read this thread even if you don't have an idea of what happened, but it seems to me you didn't do either or are you still saying all this intentionally?

FUN FACT: I saw quite a few advertisements for your WA11 during the last two weeks(even Canjam Globe:flag_cn:) and your WA11 went on SALE.

:wink:I see what you did there, but this thread and all the undealt problems are not going away.

no doubt he’s helped thousands of people enjoy the music. Every man has a bad day now and then.
Too much sugar-coating on a serious case like this. Since it is still happening after all this, it is impossible to say Woo Audio(not just Mike, not personal) are just had a bad day. If you come out 2 weeks ago and say that, it might be justifiable if Woo had also come out and addressed the problems at that time.
My Diana Phi has repaired by you twice and I think that's not a big deal considering it is the early model (It can be an excuse for minor issues as long as the manufacturer handled them correctly). I love your headphones so please don't let your business partner/friend Woo Audio drag you into this. :disappointed_relieved:
Respectfully.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #337 of 339
Hi Jack,

Glad to see you here and now that the problem is fixed, maybe you can address some concern that your customer had?

1. What is your finding with John's unit? Are you able to conclude what was wrong and tell all WA11 users what they shouldn't do to prevent the same issue from happening?

2. I know it isn't recommended to use 4 pole connection to WA11 line in (mainly for the noise I think), but the concern is, will connecting 4 pole could damage WA11 in any way? Mike has responded in the other thread that it won't, but it will be great to get double confirmation.

Hey man, thanks for replying. I feel sorry for you because you followed this case closely and asked many questions many times, but it looks like most of it went it into the void. As Woo Audio ' considers all problems addressed'. :deadhorse:

Aug 8, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #338 of 339
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back