Shanling UP5 - Our new flagship portable Bluetooth DAC/AMP
Oct 15, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #496 of 975
I just brought this UP5 and use for 3 days. Recently I have few call. All of them unable to hear what I speak and they feedback is voice extreme low. Can @Shanling your team feedback this issue. I tested on mate 40 Pro ldac, mi mix 2 aptx, poco f1 aptx.

The sound is great. But extremely disappointed.
1. Call in, I need disconnect and use my phone for the call. Extremely unconvinced.
2. Super hate the leather case. Very irretating, not on belt user. I very disappointed the passed msg saying shanling no planning to release another clip case. Extreme disappointment. Very sad. And fell cheated.
welcome to the family ! 😂
also becareful with your leather case, i almost drop my up5 to concrete floor because of how loose fit my case is.

now im wondering if my up5 have this low volume mic "issues" since i havent use mine for voice call 😱

Oct 16, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #497 of 975
Btw when I turn of my portable space heater that is near the unit there is a small chance that the UP5 will stop working needs to be restarted. I guess this is due to the fact that the heater have one big fan that will produce enough of interfierance when turned off that will disturb the work of the unit .

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #498 of 975
Btw when I turn of my portable space heater that is near the unit there is a small chance that the UP5 will stop working needs to be restarted. I guess this is due to the fact that the heater have one big fan that will produce enough of interfierance when turned off that will disturb the work of the unit .

Wait, what? Portable space heater? That shouldn't be possible.

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #500 of 975
So by simply placing UP5 near the heater and turn the heater off, so how there is a chance that UP5 will shut down as well?

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #501 of 975
Not shutting down but it will stop playing music .The only fix to this is to turn off and on again the UP5 .The chance is like one in 20 .
I guess this is due to the audio cable .

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #502 of 975
There is another 3 issues.
1. Everytime power up. The equaliser always turn on by itself. I want it off always, unable to do so...
2. The lower battery mode is very noisy every 30sec sound and above the music we playing. It should be the softer tone and longer period occur once. 30sec is too short and ruine the music experience. Your device is design for music lover, not for keep alerting ppl.
3. The device on orange color battery lvl. Keep ringing can last for 2 hour long. This 2 hr can listen the music until I reach office. Whole travel period keep alerting low power with so high volume cause ear pain.

Oct 17, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #503 of 975
Tested the firmware update, still the same issue.
I'll send it back to the reseller for them to sort it out with you guys.

Anyway, what is Shanling's policy for the replacement unit? Will it be a brand new unit or with the possibility of refurbished unit (QA passed)?

If it was from Chinese seller, it will go for repair first.
International distributors differ, some do repairs, some replace with new unit.

I just brought this UP5 and use for 3 days. Recently I have few call. All of them unable to hear what I speak and they feedback is voice extreme low. Can @Shanling your team feedback this issue. I tested on mate 40 Pro ldac, mi mix 2 aptx, poco f1 aptx.

The sound is great. But extremely disappointed.
1. Call in, I need disconnect and use my phone for the call. Extremely unconvinced.
2. Super hate the leather case. Very irretating, not on belt user. I very disappointed the passed msg saying shanling no planning to release another clip case. Extreme disappointment. Very sad. And fell cheated.

1. We got few reports of this and looking into it. By any chance, are you using it with headphones with in-line microphone?
2. Thanks for feedback on the case, this is very common among UP5 users, but so far our management didn't change their decision regarding UP5's case.

There is another 3 issues.
1. Everytime power up. The equaliser always turn on by itself. I want it off always, unable to do so...
2. The lower battery mode is very noisy every 30sec sound and above the music we playing. It should be the softer tone and longer period occur once. 30sec is too short and ruine the music experience. Your device is design for music lover, not for keep alerting ppl.
3. The device on orange color battery lvl. Keep ringing can last for 2 hour long. This 2 hr can listen the music until I reach office. Whole travel period keep alerting low power with so high volume cause ear pain.

1. That's very strange, definitely not something that should be happening. Did you adjust it in any way in Shanling controller app?
2&3. We asked engineers to adjust this.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 17, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #504 of 975

1. We got few reports of this and looking into it. By any chance, are you using it with headphones with in-line microphone?
My headphones don't have in-line microphone.
2. Thanks for feedback on the case, this is very common among UP5 users, but so far our management didn't change their decision regarding UP5's case.
At least, can make another clip case for us available to purchase. I search everywhere just to get this device clip case.
1. That's very strange, definitely not something that should be happening. Did you adjust it in any way in Shanling controller app?
On the device itself, I set it to off.
But the settings is not apply.
I must go to the control app. Slide the button to turn off.
After power off and on. It set back to on with custom again.

Thanks.

Oct 20, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #505 of 975

They told me they've sent it back to China for RMA, looking forward to receiving my replacement unit, then.

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #506 of 975
Can you please send me more details in PM? Not sure what exact issue are you facing.

It was reported to our software team. Don't have further updates.

It's impossible to play full quality MQA over Bluetooth.

For USB connection, you need to have headphones connected to UP5. Without headphones connected, it will not display playback correctly.
And make sure you allowed Tidal access to UP5 and it's not fighting for access with UAPP or something similar.
How close are you to releasing a firmware to fix the issues that I and others have reported?

Oct 20, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #508 of 975
How close are you to releasing a firmware to fix the issues that I and others have reported?
We have firmware in beta testing.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back