Shanling M9 Announced - Flagship High-End Portable Player
Aug 19, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #76 of 1,355
Would be great a M8 trade campaign when M9 is available.
@Shanling do you consider it?
Many people bought it less than 1 years ago.

We do not offer any such sales events, it's up to local distributors if they want to offer anything like this.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 22, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #77 of 1,355
When you put in cellphone features, sound performances will suffer horribly. That is due to the interferences, parasitic losses and so on…I especially do not want to have a ring tone while I am listening to my music lol
In the 90's maybe :o2smile: :o2smile: ... But, in 2021 ... I don't recognize any of your words in what we can listen with a Z Fold 2 5G + Class A amp like Centrance M8 V2 plugged with an HEDDphone or Ier-Z1R/IE900 ... Strictly nothing is like you claim... at least compared to my WM1A/KannAlpha/M11/H6Pro.
I was dreaming a modern DAP like Kann Alpha could be use usable and sound as good a smarphone + Diablo or M8 V2... but with such obsolete hardware and software => it's just a disaster to use though SQ is on the good side... what is SQ if you spend most of your time to try to make the DAP usable in your environnement.

Actually .. Because of so many disasters of streaming features of 100% of the actual DAPs on the market (at least A&K, ibasso, Cayin, Shanling, ...) I won't buy any DAP any more without a solid android base like Android 10 and modern Wifi 5/6... so Shanling M9 or Fiio M17 can be a small light tending to show the end of long black tunnel of failing DAPs (mainly build on obsolete Hardware and Software).

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #78 of 1,355
Will the M9 amp use "opa" chip, or "thx" chip, or another chip, or discreet??
Will it have more output power than the M8?

Aug 25, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #80 of 1,355
Don't count on the M8 getting anywhere. There were all sorts of issues that seemed like the were never getting fixed, and now they're telling you they're outright abandoning the M8 to move onto their new one. I don't know why people give these companies a chance when their loyalty seems to be pretty low. I'm really surprised people are letting themselves get suckered into this nonsense, none of these things are built to last longer than the next year when yet another replacement comes out.

post removed

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #81 of 1,355
In the 90's maybe :o2smile: :o2smile: ... But, in 2021 ... I don't recognize any of your words in what we can listen with a Z Fold 2 5G + Class A amp like Centrance M8 V2 plugged with an HEDDphone or Ier-Z1R/IE900 ... Strictly nothing is like you claim... at least compared to my WM1A/KannAlpha/M11/H6Pro.
I was dreaming a modern DAP like Kann Alpha could be use usable and sound as good a smarphone + Diablo or M8 V2... but with such obsolete hardware and software => it's just a disaster to use though SQ is on the good side... what is SQ if you spend most of your time to try to make the DAP usable in your environnement.

Actually .. Because of so many disasters of streaming features of 100% of the actual DAPs on the market (at least A&K, ibasso, Cayin, Shanling, ...) I won't buy any DAP any more without a solid android base like Android 10 and modern Wifi 5/6... so Shanling M9 or Fiio M17 can be a small light tending to show the end of long black tunnel of failing DAPs (mainly build on obsolete Hardware and Software).
Sound quality is everything in this hobby. M8 has the best SQ I have heard. I do not use my M8 for anything except playing HiRez music files. It does this pretty good and improves the sounds to a very noticeable degree. If you want a quick DAP, try a HiBy. I have 4 of them, but neither them, nor my A & K SE 200 get much playing time. I suspect I will sell my DAPs when my AKM M9 arrives .

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #84 of 1,355
should be around 2000$

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #85 of 1,355
If you want the best battery life, anything running an AKM chipset won’t do.
Shouldn't that be specific to the 4499 and not the earlier versions?

Aug 31, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #86 of 1,355
We do not offer any such sales events, it's up to local distributors if they want to offer anything like this.
Shanling rep, Please tell us when the AKM M9 will be released.
Also, will it have more power than the M8?
And what will be the price of both versions of the M9?

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #87 of 1,355
If you want the best battery life, anything running an AKM chipset won’t do.
Shouldn't that be specific to the 4499 and not the earlier versions?

I agree, if you want the best battery life, then a Dap with portable (non-desktop) chips would be better...

But so far, the manufacturer trend, is following both demand and general consensus(big chips), and that the portable chips are still not really at the sonic level of the desktop chips.
:popcorn:🍟🍪😁

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #88 of 1,355
Shanling rep, Please tell us when the AKM M9 will be released.
Also, will it have more power than the M8?
And what will be the price of both versions of the M9?
I think it's scheduled for late fall.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #90 of 1,355

Users who are viewing this thread

Back