Shanling M9 Announced - Flagship High-End Portable Player
May 3, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #1,306 of 1,352
Most welcome! I will say that I am very pleased with it. Whilst I did enjoy the sweet side of neutral that M9 brought to the table, I did miss the traditional Shanling house sound as manifested in the M8 and the M30. :)

May 4, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #1,308 of 1,352
Amazingly, the first shipment of the Shanling M9 Plus at Jaben Singapore that only arrived 24 hours ago has sold out! Good news is that the next shipment is supposed to arrive next week. And Jaben still has its demo unit for testing.

Glad to see that I am not the only one who enjoys the sound signature of the M9 Plus! :)

May 4, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #1,309 of 1,352
Some M9 Plus time on a rainy afternoon. With the FitEar DC Ti and the Ode to Laura. :)

IMG_6508.jpeg

May 4, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #1,311 of 1,352
By the way, there is an M9 Plus thread here. :wink:
Thanks! yeah, I know. But I do see interest here as well. :) So I don’t leave the folks who have the M9 and are pondering the M9 Plus as well.

May 4, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #1,312 of 1,352
Thanks! yeah, I know. But I do see interest here as well. :) So I don’t leave the folks who have the M9 and are pondering the M9 Plus as well.
I'm one of those pondering :smiley:

The M8 is decidedly warmer on the whole than M9 if I'm reading things correctly. Is that true? I find M9 gives my IEMs a nice, subtle U shaped lift. Not what I'd consider colored or overtly warm, but a slight boost to bass and treble regions while keeping the mids quite neutral. Punchy bass has been the standout hallmark to my ears but I don't have much to compare against.

M9 Plus sounding warmer, fuller and but doesn't roll off the treble early or overly color an IEMs signature?

May 4, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #1,313 of 1,352
I'm one of those pondering :smiley:

The M8 is decidedly warmer on the whole than M9 if I'm reading things correctly. Is that true? I find M9 gives my IEMs a nice, subtle U shaped lift. Not what I'd consider colored or overtly warm, but a slight boost to bass and treble regions while keeping the mids quite neutral. Punchy bass has been the standout hallmark to my ears but I don't have much to compare against.

M9 Plus sounding warmer, fuller and but doesn't roll off the treble early or overly color an IEMs signature?
Hmm… frankly, the M9 plus, like the M8 actually has nice sparkly extended trebles. As to overly coloring my IEMs, I don’t think so. But of course YMMV. Do you find the SP3K Cu or 1ZM2 doing that? I don’t.

May 4, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,314 of 1,352
Hmm… frankly, the M9 plus, like the M8 actually has nice sparkly extended trebles. As to overly coloring my IEMs, I don’t think so. But of course YMMV. Do you find the SP3K Cu or 1ZM2 doing that? I don’t.
Unfortunately haven't heard the SP3K (either version) nor any Sony DAPs. Only DAP experience is HiBy R5, DX300 w/AMP11 mk1 and M9.

Just trying to wrap my head around what the original Shanling house sound is like compared to original M9 :thinking:

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #1,315 of 1,352
Unfortunately heard the SP3K (either version) nor any Sony DAPs. Only DAP experience is HiBy R5, DX300 w/AMP11 mk1 and M9.

Just trying to wrap my head around what the original Shanling house sound is like compared to original M9 :thinking:
Ah… I see. The M9 is more neutral but still with a hint of the sweetness of the Shanling house sound.

It would be a bit more organic and musical than the DX300 wiht the original amp module. I had that too. :)

May 10, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #1,316 of 1,352
Jun 18, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #1,317 of 1,352
"Host mode to Hugo2"
Dear friends, pardon me if
this question has already been addressed in another post; I did my best to search for relevant information.

I am keen to understand whether the M9 can be utilized as a source player
to transmit digital music data to the Chord Hugo 2. Specifically,
I want to play music files stored on the M9 and rely on the Hugo 2’s DAC and amplification capabilities
to drive a pair of headphones or IEMs.

Thank you in advance for any insights or guidance!

Jun 18, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #1,318 of 1,352
"Host mode to Hugo2"
Dear friends, pardon me if
this question has already been addressed in another post; I did my best to search for relevant information.

I am keen to understand whether the M9 can be utilized as a source player
to transmit digital music data to the Chord Hugo 2. Specifically,
I want to play music files stored on the M9 and rely on the Hugo 2’s DAC and amplification capabilities
to drive a pair of headphones or IEMs.

Thank you in advance for any insights or guidance!
Yes this is easily done by connecting the M9 to Hugo 2 via a USB C to micro USB cable. I do it frequently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back