Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Dec 28, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #5,401 of 5,814
The M8 + Monarch 2 combo sounds best. I know it's hard to believe but trust me. Best soundstage depth and width, best bass, same detail best timbre and sound depth. This small mother******s have top notch quality.
iems are the way, i remember when i tried a pair of KZ zs7 and was shocked how good it was and how much more engaging it sounded opposed to the full sized i've tried

Dec 28, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #5,403 of 5,814
I'm still getting surprised how great the M8 is. It has nothing to do with daps, it's a high class stationary rig in your pocket. The soundstage, the bass, the timbre and detail, the dynamics are all hard to beat by most daps below 2,5-4k bucks. I'm not exaggerating, it's easy audible.
We know.

:)

Dec 29, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #5,404 of 5,814
Can anyone help with this question I asked earlier?
What are the latest versions of the following apps have you found to work on the M8. For example, Qoboz, Poweramp, Apple Music, Tidal, Hiby, etc? Thanks.

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #5,405 of 5,814
Can anyone help with this question I asked earlier?
What are the latest versions of the following apps have you found to work on the M8. For example, Qoboz, Poweramp, Apple Music, Tidal, Hiby, etc? Thanks.
Onkyo HF Player - 2.10.4
Hiby Music v4.2.1 build 5738
Neutron Player - V2.21.7
Poweramp - v946-uni
Shanling - 2.9.7
Tidal - 2.73.0
Youtube - 17.34.35

Hope that helps

Dec 29, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #5,407 of 5,814
I did another comparisons M8 vs AK sp2000t and AK Acro ca1000 using the Monarchs Mk2, Meze Lirycs, Dan Clark Aeon Noir.
Me and another 2 guys said that the M8 was best sounding. The closest competitor was the Acro 1000 but still it was drier and flatter sounding.
I'm already tired of writing that the M8 is the best in terms of sound- the most organic, natural, with best 3d-like soundstage. The worst was the sp2kt. Dry, sharp, uninspiring and flat.
The M8 sounded best with iems and full sized.
Also the detail retrieval and the bass were the best on the M8.
PS. The Meze Lyrics are mediocre, the Dan Clarks are great headphones, very natural and even sounding. A very natural over ears.

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #5,408 of 5,814
I did another comparisons M8 vs AK sp2000t and AK Acro ca1000 using the Monarchs Mk2, Meze Lirycs, Dan Clark Aeon Noir.
Me and another 2 guys said that the M8 was best sounding. The closest competitor was the Acro 1000 but still it was drier and flatter sounding.
I'm already tired of writing that the M8 is the best in terms of sound- the most organic, natural, with best 3d-like soundstage. The worst was the sp2kt. Dry, sharp, uninspiring and flat.
The M8 sounded best with iems and full sized.
Also the detail retrieval and the bass were the best on the M8.
PS. The Meze Lyrics are mediocre, the Dan Clarks are great headphones, very natural and even sounding. A very natural over ears.
think you're gonna try the new sony wm1am2? i recall the m8 was compared a lot to the og wm1z etc

also wish the m8 will get a new version with the new ak4499ex :)

Jan 1, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #5,410 of 5,814
Any feedback on M8 + following iems ?
VE Erlkonig black
VE Elysium
VE EXT
64 Audio Fourte noir/blanc

Thx

Jan 4, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #5,413 of 5,814
VE Erlkonig black
VE Elysium
VE EXT

Thx
Don't have M8 anymore unfortunately but can tell you that M8 and Elysium has been one of my favorite bedtime combos with alluring Vocals.
You can search in this thread and will find a lot of good feedback regarding that combo.
For the others I cannot tell you for sure.
Potentially EXT can get a little too much with M8 in the bass region but others should chime in here

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #5,414 of 5,814
VE Erlkonig black
VE Elysium
VE EXT

Thx
I am currently in Kuala Lumpur. I found a shop here that has the VE EXT as a demo model in the shop. I have an appointment tomorrow and can listen to it with my M8. I'm very curious how it sounds. I will report.

Jan 9, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #5,415 of 5,814
So first only a short report because I don't have time at the moment because I'm flying to Langkawi tomorrow morning.
The EXT are amazing!!! At least to my ears. They sound like something analog. Timbre, soundstage and that divine bass!!! Totally structured and you can hear the instruments totally clearly. Double bass, bass guitar or whatever. Just awesome. I'm totally screwed. I have to have it!!! And those voices!!! full of emotions The best I've heard so far. Also this detail resolution. Very nice but never annoying. Everything is just right. The bass is just right for me, not too much as it is very detailed. Fits in very well with the sound. So is dominant but it fits with the midrange and the very good Est implanted tweeters. So Mest MKII, Monarch MKII don't stand a chance against the VE EXT to my ears. Perfect combination with the M8. Absolute purchase recommendation!!! For all genres. Queen Live at Wembley was so awesome with the EXT. Or Dire Straits, Pink Floyd. Clapton unplugged. Just WOOW!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back