Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Dec 16, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #5,371 of 5,824
Yes, no question the sound is perfect. I think we all agree on that. I also use Hiby and have no problems. But it surprises me that I read about so many problems from the other players. M7, M9 or M6 Ultra with lame internet and so on. And now the problems with that. H7 All I can say is that the software team is inadequate! Put. And busy pushing overtime 😂😂😂

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #5,373 of 5,824
Thats true. I dont use Shanling app, only Hiby app for local files and Apple Music for streaming and everything works fine for me. I also dont experience any overheating and shutting down. It sometimes gets warm but it somehow becomes colder after a while by itself, dont know why.
The os is slower but it works. Sure it definitely should be improved an i hope Shanling will pay more attention to the software in the future. The sound- perfect.
Do you now prefer the Hiby app over Uapp app? Have you tried Fiio app? I find it more detailed but can be quite bright on some iems. It works really well with M8 & Jomo Trinity Brass!!! :rolling_eyes::ksc75smile::L3000:

Dec 16, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #5,374 of 5,824
A big thank you to all those who have contributed to this thread, three weeks ago I bit the bullet based on what I had read here and purchased an M8 - WOW! I have listened to music for years and enjoyed every minute of doing so, the M8 arrived yesterday and already Im hearing the music not just listening to it. Its now like I have my desktop in my pocket.
The space between instruments, the attack and decay of strings, the sounds of the guitar, vocals - hells bells so intimate, I think I'm now hearing layering that I have read reference to in reviews. All early days yet but it can only get better - right?

Dec 20, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #5,379 of 5,824
Dec 22, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #5,381 of 5,824
It's a shame M8 has no real Line out and double amping.
Is there any other Highend Dap with Ak4499, Es9038Pro or R2R which has real Line Out? What about M9?
This would be a great option for me to drive my Niimbus US4 instead of the standalone Violectric V850 DAC and an Intel NUC with volumio. Less is more no USB connection needed and so on.

Dec 22, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #5,382 of 5,824
It's a shame M8 has no real Line out and double amping.
Is there any other Highend Dap with Ak4499, Es9038Pro or R2R which has real Line Out? What about M9?
This would be a great option for me to drive my Niimbus US4 instead of the standalone Violectric V850 DAC and an Intel NUC with volumio. Less is more no USB connection needed and so on.
Dx300/320 with amp12 and 14 have real balanced line outs.

Dec 23, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #5,384 of 5,824
Hi, I just started Apple Music and I'm having problems on M8. Songs don't play all the way to the end of the song. Apple works perfectly on M7 any ideas? :slight_frown::sleepy::sob:
Go to settings and crossfade. Try manual and 1 second or off 🤷

Users who are viewing this thread

Back