Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Nov 23, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #4,771 of 5,808
If anyone is interested, I am sticking to my desktop DAC and so am selling the near-mint condition Shanling bought in June this year. See my sig for the link.

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #4,772 of 5,808
Tommorow I will start working on M8 !!
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

If I make it work I will let u speechless with Dolby atmos the best 3D sound possible and viper4android the best System wide EQ ever with its crazy thundering sub bass response.

Sure, if you have some mod for it, feel free to post it.

Thx 🙌🙌🙌

I don't know yet if bootloader is locked , in case Bootloader is locked I will please Shanling to share with me the Code
and make my life easier !! If not then I don't know if I'll make it work. !!! Lets see 🙃

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4,773 of 5,808
Tommorow I will start working on M8 !!
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

If I make it work I will let u speechless with Dolby atmos the best 3D sound possible and viper4android the best System wide EQ ever with its crazy thundering sub bass response.

Thx 🙌🙌🙌

I don't know yet if bootloader is locked , in case Bootloader is locked I will please Shanling to share with me the Code
and make my life easier !! If not then I don't know if I'll make it work. !!! Lets see 🙃
lol, I think the M8 is fine just the way it is....

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #4,774 of 5,808
lol, I think the M8 is fine just the way it is....

The M8 is a peach, but having system-wide EQ would turn it into fine peach cobbler.

Assuming it works with streaming... I would love to have the ability to equalize and then jump straight to Tidal or Qobuz instead of having to use UAPP to EQ, for example.

It just adds versatility.

Nov 26, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #4,775 of 5,808
If anyone is interested, parting with the M8 for an attractive price (link in sig...hope it's alright with TOS) ... I can't miss on M9 :p

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #4,777 of 5,808
Itchy fingers eh??? That Snapdragon 660 is sexy too!!

Yeah I have gotten used to reactive DAPs with DX300, R8, RS6 and although in absolute terms the M8 fares well for its SoC it's time to upgrade
And always had itchy fingers so... M9 will be limited quantity, I want M8 goodness with modern SoC :D

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #4,778 of 5,808
Yeah I have gotten used to reactive DAPs with DX300, R8, RS6 and although in absolute terms the M8 fares well for its SoC it's time to upgrade
And always had itchy fingers so... M9 will be limited quantity, I want M8 goodness with modern SoC :D
Hi, just curious: What's SoC?

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #4,780 of 5,808
The M8 is a peach, but having system-wide EQ would turn it into fine peach cobbler.

Assuming it works with streaming... I would love to have the ability to equalize and then jump straight to Tidal or Qobuz instead of having to use UAPP to EQ, for example.

It just adds versatility.
I don't ever use EQ...it ruins the overall sound quality IMHO.

Nov 26, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #4,781 of 5,808
Please help me. I have had my M8 since April. I have not updated since my DAP has not informed me to update it. How do I do an update on my M8 ?

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #4,783 of 5,808
Please help me. I have had my M8 since April. I have not updated since my DAP has not informed me to update it. How do I do an update on my M8 ?
I don't know about others but since the latest update my M8 has been behaving much worse than before. The Tidal app crashes a lot now. I thought it was the SD cards but after removing them and doing factory reset 2 times , deleting the offline content and redownloading everything on the internal storage ,the problem persists.
Maybe I was just very unlucky but the M8 has been a headache to deal with from day one.

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #4,784 of 5,808
I don't know about others but since the latest update my M8 has been behaving much worse than before. The Tidal app crashes a lot now. I thought it was the SD cards but after removing them and doing factory reset 2 times , deleting the offline content and redownloading everything on the internal storage ,the problem persists.
Maybe I was just very unlucky but the M8 has been a headache to deal with from day one.
have to put it to classifieds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back