Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Nov 17, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #4,727 of 5,808
Firmware V1.5 for M8 released

Mainly system performance improvements

Full notes and download link at our website: https://en.shanling.com/article-M8v15.html
I am glad that you continue to support the M8, but with the new FW:
A) idle power off no longer seems to work, and
B) the Shanling Music App is still a mess - it cannot sort artists alphabetically (The Rolling Stones come before The Beatles). That really sbould be a very simple coding fix. Gapless playback? I have given up on that....

:/

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #4,728 of 5,808
I am glad that you continue to support the M8, but with the new FW:
A) idle power off no longer seems to work, and
B) the Shanling Music App is still a mess - it cannot sort artists alphabetically (The Rolling Stones come before The Beatles). That really sbould be a very simple coding fix. Gapless playback? I have given up on that....

:/
We are not seeing any issue with Idle Power off?
Please what time you have set there? Can you try to set it to 1 minute?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 17, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #4,731 of 5,808
Any reports about fixed mute issue especially in Tidal app playing Master files?
On M30 this was adressed but still happening every now and then but is solved by pausing and resuming just like on my former M8.
Curious about M8 fix

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #4,732 of 5,808
Hi !
I bought the shanling m8 and I wanted to share my thoughts .

Sound is very good, warm, analytical , big soundstage , best dynamics I've ever heard and no doubt this player has the best bass from all players exist .
It sounds better than any player I have and had. is a unique player on its own class .

It has only one negative and this isn't the battery or hardware but the equalizer.

IS A SHAME NOT TO HAVE OR SUPPORT A SYSTEM WIDE EQ IN NOVEMBER 2021.
Options is the key .
learn from Hiby Shanling.

Only for this reason I'm gonna sell it again. 😤

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #4,733 of 5,808
System wide EQ will require resampling, and hence the data retrieved from the source is no longer bit perfect.

There is no other way around resampling to allow digital EQ, period.

So, whoever is telling you that their system bypasses Android resampling and is bit perfect from the source, and is also EQ available system wide….those are full of **** they are fooling the users, period.

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #4,735 of 5,808
System wide EQ will require resampling, and hence the data retrieved from the source is no longer bit perfect.

There is no other way around resampling to allow digital EQ, period.

So, whoever is telling you that their system bypasses Android resampling and is bit perfect from the source, and is also EQ available system wide….those are full of **** they are fooling the users, period.
I know system wide eq will deactivated the bit perfect but will not do Downsample because all streaming services play max 16 bit 41 khz.

Also why not to have that option for those who want to tweak the sound and make their headphones shine ?
Why in the shanling app is eq available and for streaming services doesn't support it ?

Without system wide eq is a limitation and I believe shanling decided to go without eq because are not in that level like hiby or astell kern when it comes to software.

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #4,736 of 5,808
Whenever I felt like needing equing I ve been using UAPP - working flawlessly on M8, more stable and more versatile than both Shanling native player or Tidal native app

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #4,738 of 5,808
It sounds not only great but amazing with my 7hz timeless.
Eq is needed when I use the wrong headphones with it . For example I must tweak the sound if bass anemic or not enough Treble energy with some headphones .
EQ is not the way to do it man, you just need another player to voice up well with your other headphones. That is the fun in this hobby.

You can not EQ enough to make a system to sound as good as another system without EQ. For example, you can not EQ M8+7Hz to sound the way SP2K+7Hz sound. Try it!! You may like it and subjectively agree that they get to be equal, and if you do, then more power to you.

Sadly, since many DAP aiming to be BitPerfect, and staying true to the original source, they don’t offer it. I know Sony Android Walkman do

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #4,740 of 5,808
Am currently subscribed to 3 music services to get my experimenting fetish adressed and get enough music suggestions 😉
Plus I am subscribed to soundiiz so I can sync any Playlist, etc between the services.
Actually the best AI Imho is still implemented in Spotify but I am still waiting for them to step into hires - must happen soon...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back