Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Apr 30, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #3,061 of 5,808
Whatever the joke is it flew right over my head!
She's warm because of an incredibly efficient graphene cooling system.
Uuuh, this is awkward ...?! Just make sure that if you insert your large 4.4mm male plug that it is consensual first... Do not want a stretched out 2.5mm female socket with an over eager plugging!
Always put the cap on your male plugs guys!

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3,062 of 5,808
She's warm because of an incredibly efficient graphene cooling system.

Always put the cap on your male plugs guys!
As I experienced when not using the male plugs she likes, she is fainting and needing some long press acupuncture to wake her up again

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #3,063 of 5,808
Finally eguitars and drums are sounding like I like them, nice sense of stage according to the recording bigger or more intimate like club atmosphere

Attachments

• 663B4F48-39A6-47A5-B1EA-5CFE2920D578.jpeg
    663B4F48-39A6-47A5-B1EA-5CFE2920D578.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #3,064 of 5,808
Finally eguitars and drums are sounding like I like them, nice sense of stage according to the recording bigger or more intimate like club atmosphere
Yeah, any members who checked out pre-400 hours missed the boat on what this thing can do and their rankings are disregarded. Mine is STILL getting better. I don't know when it will peak honestly. I am talking brain and hardware, of course, cause I am not sure which is improving?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #3,065 of 5,808
As I experienced when not using the male plugs she likes, she is fainting and needing some long press acupuncture to wake her up again
That's funny, I'm actually an acupuncturist.

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #3,066 of 5,808
the first DAP I have displaying sample rate in DAC-mode.
Testing on MAC with Audirvana.
First 2x unfold is working with Tidal, after that Audirvana upsampling can be applied up to 32/768 - awesome!

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #3,068 of 5,808
@FooFighter are you still having shut down of apps or any lag?
currently only in native Shanling mode, so luckily no.
guess I won't dive into multi player-app testing tonight yet

old Jethro Tull albums are sounding really awesome.
I have the feeling this player is lush without being boring.
It is more on the wet side upper mids are not fatigueing like I have encountered with IBasso players.
Instruments like strings and flutes are nicely shimmering through the solid rich body.
Upper part is though unburned not as transparent and airy as DX300.
Currently I am more pleased about the mids to bass part but that can still change with further burn-in...

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #3,069 of 5,808
I know that I had to do one factory reset after my initial setup and it cured what ailed me. I had quite a bit of lag in the Qobuz app and some slow down in Tidal. Honestly, I haven't heard a major difference in the Shanling app outside of Android mode, so I rarely leave Android mode, even if I am using the the Shanling app. I have since stopped Qobuz, so I only have Tidal as the only app I have downloaded and that was through apkpure. My M8 runs smooth. Sound is good out of the box and great after seasoning. It is rich, organic and full. I love the tonality.

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #3,070 of 5,808
Switched to MEST MKII.
Green Day with 8x MQA
Transparent, punchy, guitars with nice timbre
Happy I got these before.
They seem to match indeed well with M8.
Though they were also good with W2 or DX300 before.
Now for Rock and Indie I like the pairing on M8 more.
W2 was very good for EDM/RnB, I'd say DX300 also going into that direction of W2 but being less forward, more relaxed.
M8 has best timbre of all, best for Rock music and Indie which is my main genre

Amazon Music HD - Nirvana Smells like teen spirit - with MEST MKII wow...
Now we re talking

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #3,071 of 5,808

old Jethro Tull albums are sounding really awesome.
I have the feeling this player is lush without being boring.
It is more on the wet side upper mids are not fatigueing like I have encountered with IBasso players.
Instruments like strings and flutes are nicely shimmering through the solid rich body.
Upper part is though unburned not as transparent and airy as DX300.
Currently I am more pleased about the mids to bass part but that can still change with further burn-in...
My first unit I burned in to 400+ hours, then I got an exchange for new unit, and have been just letting it burn in naturaly, I guestimate I may be at 150 hours now, but have not been keeping track... Interesting experience to watch it burn in again.... It sounds great all the way through...at 400 hours it had less 'wetness'...it firms up, but just keeps getting better.

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #3,072 of 5,808
I have recently fallen in love with Martha playing music through the UM 3DT. The rich, full bodied timbre pairs well with the masterful triple DD setup which itself excels at timbral accuracy.

The pairing presents percussive instruments with the most lifelike accuracy that when my eyes are closed I feel transported next to the instrument. The bass and mids have such depth and texture, I cannot see how I could top it.

It's truly mindboggling how well the M8 can scale devices and the fact this setup fits in a (large) pocket.

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #3,073 of 5,808
Once in pocket there's though some acute risk of fried eggs 😉

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #3,074 of 5,808
Once in pocket there's though some acute risk of fried eggs 😉

Despite this, I feel privileged to have Martha so close to my 'eggs'.

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #3,075 of 5,808
Pink Floyd live ultra hd
I love the resonating vibrant eguitars and punchy base and typical synths bringing in sense of height and width
Nice punchy base
God, that sounds so good!
Goosebumps which can only be treated by some warm gender touch of Martha's graphene heat sink

Attachments

• 0E1BB2AB-3B48-4275-B779-F31FD2737AA9.jpeg
    0E1BB2AB-3B48-4275-B779-F31FD2737AA9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back