Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Feb 2, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #1,801 of 5,808
Support the Musicians! Big up!

Many of these musicians are just more creative and seem hungrier to produce music of their own passion, rather than some formulaic pop music bull that Marketing Executives push on us all with two guys writing nearly all the songs. I cannot tell half the songs apart from various so-called pop divas. I would actually say modern pop music is my least favorite music category. Solar Wind from Israel is very cool! So is Tuber.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #1,802 of 5,808
Many of these musicians are just more creative and seem hungrier to produce music of their own passion, rather than some formulaic pop music bull that Marketing Executives push on us all with two guys writing nearly all the songs. I cannot tell half the songs apart from various so-called pop divas. I would actually say modern pop music is my least favorite music category. Solar Wind from Israel is very cool! So is Tuber.

Will check those out!

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,803 of 5,808
Will check those out!

Solar Wind's album Mind Glow is delightful. Their Live on Mars album is great too. It is recorded live in the desert outside of Jerusalem in Israel. I have already heard all of my old music thousands of times, so I really focus on searching out new music. It is fresh, new, and exciting and leaves me looking forward to their next release.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,804 of 5,808
Aaaa I see you to find hd800s stock cable very good! 🤠

Not quiet, I use it this way only for listening to the large stereo guy for entertaining. Not usually do it, So I don’t find myself investing several hundreds $ into the cables. The stock cables for the 800S is practical and long for such needs. It still has the SPC characteristics to it, but it bother me less since the internal wires is already upgraded

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #1,805 of 5,808
So If I buy Lpgt Ti I can pmeq it to sound like 1z or M8 😅😝😝😜
The LPGT is reference sounding and is easily morphed into a signature you want based on it's straight reference sound

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,806 of 5,808
The LPGT is reference sounding and is easily morphed into a signature you want based on it's straight reference sound

Does sp2k has same parametric eq like lpgt?

Will you post impressions of sp2k vs M8?

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #1,807 of 5,808
That said while I like the LPGT, if you want to stream...you have to use your phone bluetooth

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #1,808 of 5,808
That said while I like the LPGT, if you want to stream...you have to use your phone bluetooth

I know that.

Very few high end daps allow it unfortunately I think this has to change as 75% if not 85 all folks stream or use it for convenience...

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #1,809 of 5,808
I know that.

Very few high end daps allow it unfortunately I think this has to change as 75% if not 85 all folks stream or use it for convenience...
For convenience and discovery

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #1,810 of 5,808
New issue: when I turn the player on, whatever app i use, the output is a screeching mess of noise completely scrambled and painful to my ears. Then I reset it and all is fine. Same every time. Any idea how to stop this happening?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #1,811 of 5,808
New issue: when I turn the player on, whatever app i use, the output is a screeching mess of noise completely scrambled and painful to my easier. Then I reset it and all is fine. Same every time. Any idea how to stop this happening?
I have experienced this a few times since the FW update. For me just pausing and restarting the file from the beginning has always worked. More issues to address in the next FW update.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,812 of 5,808
New issue: when I turn the player on, whatever app i use, the output is a screeching mess of noise completely scrambled and painful to my ears. Then I reset it and all is fine. Same every time. Any idea how to stop this happening?

I get this maybe 1 in 5 times waking up from auto power down. Sometimes, I can re-insert the IEM plug and it fixes it (probably an irregular gain stage boot up issue). Other times, I had to reboot the device to fix it.

Previous FW had a similar issue where the volume would not increase and everything sounded distant.

FYI: @Shanling

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #1,813 of 5,808
Yes I had this with a dsf file for the first time. Had to reboot to fix the problem....

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,814 of 5,808
Hi @Shanling after testing the shanling music app I still get that same size data for caching the index of my 4400 songs around 3.55 gigs

But my local music files are 85% wav 5% dsd and 10% flacs.
Maybe thats the reason?

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #1,815 of 5,808

Looking into this.

Hi @Shanling after testing the shanling music app I still get that same size data for caching the index of my 4400 songs around 3.55 gigs

But my local music files are 85% wav 5% dsd and 10% flacs.
Maybe thats the reason?

Will check with software team what might be causing this.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back