Shanling M6 PRO - New version coming Summer 2021
Jul 4, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #676 of 959
I'll just add that now my Balanced cable for the Campfire Andromeda got here , the balanced also just sounds better also then the other M6 Pro, all my IEM's and headphones seem just to to have more power and sound cleaner and more punch also the Blessing 2 and Mangrid tea sound better in all area's the only thing i'm disapointed at is Music Teck now has a sale with 100 bucks off, if only i could have waited , I'd be 100 dollars richer. Just 699 now.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #677 of 959
Just did, it. New M6 Pro 21 is ordered. I'm excited for this one. The M5s was an upgrade from my previous AK120. THE M3X is a sizeable jump from the M5s and competes handily with the Lotoo Paw 6000 so I'm expecting great sound, black background, detail, clarity, resolution and musicality out of this. I think it should be the perfect balance of form, function, sound and battery. Haven't been disappointed with any shanling offering yet.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #678 of 959
Just did, it. New M6 Pro 21 is ordered. I'm excited for this one. The M5s was an upgrade from my previous AK120. THE M3X is a sizeable jump from the M5s and competes handily with the Lotoo Paw 6000 so I'm expecting great sound, black background, detail, clarity, resolution and musicality out of this. I think it should be the perfect balance of form, function, sound and battery. Haven't been disappointed with any shanling offering yet.
👍Too bad it did not work out on LP6K.

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #679 of 959
👍Too bad it did not work out on LP6K.
It's a great player and if it was all I had or it were my only reference point I would have been perfectly happy. But looking at the performance I got from the M6 little brother, I just couldnt justify keeping it. Someone else is enjoying it! I've got a new player on the way and couple hundred in my pocket that wasnt there yesterday!

Jul 5, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #680 of 959
Hello @Shanling I think I remember reading somewhere in this thread that you plan to move the M6 Pro 21 to Android 9. Did I read that correctly? Can you provide any estimate as to when? 7.1 works fine, just curious and interested to know...

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #681 of 959
Hello @Shanling I think I remember reading somewhere in this thread that you plan to move the M6 Pro 21 to Android 9. Did I read that correctly? Can you provide any estimate as to when? 7.1 works fine, just curious and interested to know...
There were no such promises for M6 Pro 21, sorry.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 5, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #682 of 959
OK, I'm a little late to this discussion but I can tell you Hiby App does not change the gain when EQ is activated. UAPP does, but you can offset it with a separate gain setting with each custom EQ setting you make in UAPP; you can also disable gain adjust in the EQ settings.

On another note, I've been so impressed with the M3X that I sold my Lotoo PAW 6000 (yes IMO, the M3X mostly outperforms it - except maybe the background on the LP6K is a little blacker marginally). Anyway, I love the M3X so much I'm going for the M6 Pro 21 - anyone in here have it and want to weigh in about your impressions of it?
Yep, using Hiby.

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #683 of 959
Not sure where I picked up that idea. Anyway thanks for clarifying and it's no problem from my side. 7.1 works just fine as far as I'm concerned.

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #684 of 959
Just jumped aboard the MusicTeck Pro 21 train. Was sorely tempted to get the M3X as well, but have too many DAPs already so figured I'd just park at the summit (well, almost the summit) and see what the view was like from there compared to the DX300. Now the wait begins!

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #685 of 959
Here's the M6 Pro 21 question of the day. I've read several articles now referencing the Shanling HiFi Cloud Service that's part of the Shanling App (on the M6 Pro 21). What is it? What does it cost? Where can we learn more? Google searches only lead back to the articles.

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #686 of 959
Here's the M6 Pro 21 question of the day. I've read several articles now referencing the Shanling HiFi Cloud Service that's part of the Shanling App (on the M6 Pro 21). What is it? What does it cost? Where can we learn more? Google searches only lead back to the articles.
Only for users in mainland China, something like music streaming/music shop. Just ignore it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 8, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #687 of 959
Deleted

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #688 of 959
At release same Android 7.1 as M6. Update to Android 9 is planned for both versions of M6.
M6 having different DACs and completely different Amp brings overall improvement to sound, not just higher power.

As this model shares a lot with standard M6, we didn't want to call it M7. At the same time it's not a new generation, so it's not fitting our M2, M2s, M2X naming scheme. So we opted to use simple "Pro" naming, as is common in electronic nowadays.

Final pricing should be set in few days.

I don't remember anybody complaining about RFI noise on M6. There were few early noise cases with some DSD playback, which were fixed in firmware updates.

Same construction as standard M6, so aluminium frame and glass panels

This is where I picked up that idea. I was just referencing your post earlier in the thread. Anyway if no update is planned - no problem from my perspective - I'm still excited that my M6P21 will be here Monday. With how impressed I was with the M3X, I'm pretty stoked about this one. I just picked up both the IMR Elysium and Astra - which will love the additional power and detail. The Elysium (planar, bone conduction & ADLC DD) sounded pretty spectacular paired to the M3X.... So I've got big expectations with the M6 Pro 21

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #689 of 959
This is where I picked up that idea. I was just referencing yo earlier in the thread. Anyway if no update is planned - no problem from my perspective - I'm still excited that my M6P21 will be here Monday. With how impressed I was with the M3X, I'm pretty stoked about this one. I just picked up both the IMR Elysium and Astra - which will love the additional power and detail. The Elysium (planar, bone conduction & ADLC DD) sounded pretty spectacular paired to the M3X.... So I've got big expectations with the M6 Pro 21
M6;Pro 21 arrived today on my doorstep - not bad at all, considering I live in the UK and only ordered on Monday afternoon (US time). MusicTeck and DHL for the win! I've also got the IMR Elysium, so will be interested to compare notes, and definitely interested to find out what you think about the Astra / M6P21 combo.

Elysium sounding better than your custom Rah on the M3X?

Jul 8, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #690 of 959
M6;Pro 21 arrived today on my doorstep - not bad at all, considering I live in the UK and only ordered on Monday afternoon (US time). MusicTeck and DHL for the win! I've also got the IMR Elysium, so will be interested to compare notes, and definitely interested to find out what you think about the Astra / M6P21 combo.

Elysium sounding better than your custom Rah on the M3X?
I ordered Sunday night from the Shanling Official Store - It took them 2 days to process the order but they sent them out on day 3 (Wednesday) via DHL so I'm scheduled for delivery Mondy. I am R E A L L Y interested to hear your initial impressionsof the 6Pro21 - I'm pretty psyched to get mine - I'm currently DAPless having sold the M3X and LP6K in the same week.

As for the Elysium vs RAH Custom one doesnt sound better than the other. They are two versions of the same cocktail. I like a good Manhattan neat with a good Rye Whiskey and equally enjoy American Rye almost as much as Canadian Club. The American is deeper, warmer but still foats across the pallet to deliver citrus woody notes. Thats the RAH The Canadian Club is full and rich but slides across the pallet to deliver crystal clear top end witha bit of zing. That's the Elysium.

Turning the RAH into CIEM brought it a bit more warmth without altering the Deep Punch and excellent control from the bass or sub bass. With the Planar + Piezo the RAH has excellent cohesion and reaches both high and low exceptionally well, with buttery smooth mids from that planar connecting it all. Because its in a custom shell, the contact patch has increased, so that doesnt make up entirely for the missing Bone Conduction but it's close. The Elysium (at 100 hours) is more neutral. Doent get me wrong. IMRS are not neutral, but its more open, more present in the vocals but both providing the smooth natural fluid sound that only a planar can. I dont think I have a preference. If I had to choose, it would probably be the RAH custom only because of the fit - and it's the RAH custom vs the Elysium that inspired the purchase of the Astra. I think moving forward, I'll likely sell the Elysium simply because of the overlap with the RAH. and the Astra will give me the Bone Conduction and the Electrostat I've needed / wanted to round our my collection.

At the moment, I've the $300 3DT in my ears and honestly, if this were the only and last IEM I ever got, I'd be perfectly happy.

Look forward to comaring more notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back