Shanling M6 PRO - New version coming Summer 2021
Nov 28, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #811 of 959
The new ESS Sabre versions can sound bit more neutral/*brighter than previous AKM version, but it's still fairly close to Shanling house sound. Compared to other brands, it will still be the little bit warmer.
I completely concur. Shanling has done a remarkable job keeping their house sound with these ESS chips. This is my favorite DAP so far. Good meaty sound, touch of warmth, good staging, excellent resolution, very nice note weight. I got rid of the Lotoo Paw 6000 for the M6 Pro 21 and would never go back. I havent driven the Mest OG or MK II with it, but I had the IMR Astra Ultaque with DD 2 x EST and BC and this thing has tons of driving power. I rarely leave low gain.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #813 of 959
Thanks for the help on decided what player to choose. I ended up grabbing the M6 Pro 21 durning musicteck sale for $639. With the recent upgrades to the M6 pro I‘m hoping this will be a good match with my mest mk11.
I originally was looking at the higher priced dap unit but I just couldn’t see myself paying thousand more for them, I’m sure there worthwhile and sound better.

If anyone has any setting, apps or ideals the feel would help me find a place to start trying to tweak the sound quality would be appreciated.

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #814 of 959
Thanks for the help on decided what player to choose. I ended up grabbing the M6 Pro 21 durning musicteck sale for $639. With the recent upgrades to the M6 pro I‘m hoping this will be a good match with my mest mk11.
I originally was looking at the higher priced dap unit but I just couldn’t see myself paying thousand more for them, I’m sure there worthwhile and sound better.

If anyone has any setting, apps or ideals the feel would help me find a place to start trying to tweak the sound quality would be appreciated.
The M6 Pro 21 is the first DAP I've owned that I haven't had any desire to use the EQ. I love this this piece equipment. Favorite music player to date.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #815 of 959

Yeah, there really isn't much you can do to improve on this DAP. It's truly the sweet spot of price and performance. I've had mine now for a few months and it's just performed in all aspects, from sound signature to WiFi to speed of navigation, Bluetooth, etc. I generally only use over-ears cans but even with my Fiio F9 Pro IEM, I tend to leave it on Dual DAC/Turbo Gain (on low volume) just to squeeze the most definition out of the music. YMMV on this with your mest mk11. Oh yeah, and I concur with holsen, this DAP needs very little EQ-- I don't want to mess with that meaty, full-bodied sound!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #816 of 959
Yeah really excited about this purchase wanted something more than the current W2 dongles but something that would be reasonable priced.
My only concern is it being only android 7.1 hopefully there be support for it for a couple more years. Sure I coulda got something with newer android and paid more but after comparing what you get for the money the M6 pro 21 was a clear winner for my needs. At the sale price of $639 when compared to other mid level players decided it be the best fit for me.

I like the M6 shape and looks and that it’s small enough to be used one handed. I think the M6 pro sound will work well with the mest mk11 iem’s.

I been using mostly apple products so any suggestion on must have android apps, or best setting people are using with there M6 pro 21 would be healthful and much appreciated.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #819 of 959
Been away from Shanling daps for awhile. Does Shanling music app support gapless audio playback yet? Thanks
Still no gapless support.

Oh this too:
Will an app like UAPP cease to be functional or update-exiled due to android 7.1 eventually becoming obsolete? Thanks
This is more up to the app developer.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 14, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #820 of 959
Really enjoyed the M6 Pro 21 after couple days of use it was really sounding great. Sadly had a issue with it and needed to exchange it. I’m really glad I bought mine from musicteck since it has made the exchange much easier. I didn’t need to deal with mailing it back to China and wait involved. Thank you to Andrew and the Shanling rep on here for getting things resolved quickly and in a proessional way.

Have to say I’m surprised this thread isn’t more active since the new M6 pro 21 offers some big improvement over the earlier M6 line. With the changes to chipset amp etc it’s really more of a new product than a update imho.
listed below are some specs of the Pro 21 model.
  • DAC changed to ESS Sabre ES9068AS
  • Amplifier LPF changed to OPA2211
  • Internal memory increased to 64GB
  • Maximal output power increased to 760 mW@32 ohm
  • Battery life improved to 16h SE and 13h Balanced
  • MQA 16x decoding
  • Low pass filter and the JFET ADA4610-2
  • Texas Instruments 634A for the OP+BUF stage
  • AGLO Technology, which is short for Android Global Lossless Output, meaning that music from all 3-rd party apps will be processed correctly at its native sample rate. They disabled the stock Android ASRC, that unlocks the full potential of M6 even in Android mode.

Sure l’m missing some of the other changes to the M6 pro line. After comparing this with other Daps in its price range I felt it offered a excellent value in the mid fi segment. It pairs well with my Mest Mk11, Moondrop Variations and even my old Phonak 232. Even though the android version is somewhat outdated the unit runs programs fast, has excellent Wi-Fi and the build it music player sounds great. Steaming services work perfect and sound quality was a big improvement over my W2. I‘m really happy with the improvements Is has bought to my listening enjoyment. Once I have more time with unit I will add some updated thoughts.

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #821 of 959
I love mine and IMHO it is miles ahead of the far more costly Lotoo PAW6000. More power, fuller richer sound, a touch of warmth perhaps but thwt gives it it's Supreme musicality.

Dec 17, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #822 of 959
Really liking this dap took some trial and error to set it up using a older Mac. Debating on what music player to use. I really like the sound of the built in music player sadly with not having gapless playback really affect music I enjoy. Pink Floyd albums just don’t flow right on it.

I tried the to use the Eddict Player for iPhone but looks like I need a China phone # to set up account. What are other using as there Music app?

Dec 17, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #823 of 959
I tried the to use the Eddict Player for iPhone but looks like I need a China phone # to set up account. What are other using as there Music app?
Ignore the registration part of the app, it's no meaning for users outside of China.

HiBy app is the most common among Shanling users.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 17, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #825 of 959
Vielen Dank für die Hilfe bei der Entscheidung, welchen Spieler man wählen soll. Am Ende schnappte ich mir den M6 Pro 21 während des Musicteck-Verkaufs für 639 US-Dollar. Mit den jüngsten Upgrades auf den M6 pro hoffe ich, dass dieser gut zu meinem mest mk11 passt.
Ich habe mir ursprünglich die höherpreisigen DAP-Einheiten angesehen, aber ich konnte mir einfach nicht vorstellen, tausend mehr dafür zu bezahlen, ich bin mir sicher, dass es sich lohnt und besser klingt.

Wenn jemand Einstellungen, Apps oder Ideale hat, würde mir das Gefühl helfen, einen Ort zu finden, an dem ich versuchen kann, die Klangqualität zu optimieren.
Can you tell me something about the pairing with Mest MK II ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back