Shanling M6 PRO - Dual AKM AK4497EQ DAC, New Improved Amplifier, 600 mW Output, Android OS, Snapdragon 430CPU 4GB, 2.5 & 4.4 Balanced
Jul 29, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #106 of 293
You will need to either install the USB driver, or enable developer options (about device, tap build number 5 times, then back out), and enable the usb debugging option in developer option. Its an Android problem, not the device.

It will then work fine. Good luck.

Removing the card and using an adapter is significantly faster if you are transferring a large amount of files at a time. Again just and Android dap problem.

Many thanks but
It does not work. Only the directory of the internal memory is correct. The one on the sd card shows few folders ans stops. Forced to take out the sd card each time to put new titles. Same problem with Jet Audio which uses this library.
Few folders . Not in alphabetical order .

Jul 31, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #107 of 293
Many thanks but
It does not work. Only the directory of the internal memory is correct. The one on the sd card shows few folders ans stops. Forced to take out the sd card each time to put new titles. Same problem with Jet Audio which uses this library.
Few folders . Not in alphabetical order .

Sorry I couldn't help. I can't replicate those file storage issues. On my device, connected by a type c cable (usb debugging enabled, usb transfer option enabled) and connected to my PC, I can move files, view recent files, see all folders on my sd card and internal drive. I can even change folder (and individual file names, update idtags, delete folders etc.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #109 of 293
Thanks . Your SD card is NFTS formatted ? Have a good day .
JOM

My card(s) are all formatted exfat.

While I do NOT have the problems your exhibiting, there is a sd card problem with the Shanling device, with Tidal offline files. I prefer to download all my files to the sd card for offline playback and have about 30-40 albums saved. Well for some reason Tidal will psuedo eject the sd card, after a few weeks, and all my offline files are lost to the app. The files are still on my sd card, taking up space, but the app can longer see the music files. This has happened three times, forcing me to delete the offline files and redownload everything. Its kind of a pain in the rear. All my personal flac files read fine, it's just the Tidal offline files, that get "lost". I "think" that Shanling really needs to jump the OS from 7.1 to at least 9.0, as I think their is an encryption problem.

I may try saving my offline Tidal files to the internal storage, to see if that works better.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #111 of 293
A question of compatibility -

I’m also using my M6Pro player as transport when connected to a home system . I have a great sounding but incredibly fussy McIntosh C53 Pre-amp with a built in DAC input . Like many Amps / Streamers / DAC , the USB B input of the McIntosh is the only input that accepts signals ABOVE 24/192 for example DSD512 . Next problem I find is the compatibility of the McIntosh amps USB input still restricts me to 24/192 in all cases with other DAP’s ... except the M6Pro . Regular USB C output to B input .. simple plug and play and it works
Why the Shanling M6Pro works where other players fail .. no idea :) but good for Shanling ⭐

Attachments

• 3857A004-D038-4EAE-A17E-6C6BFABDDC3D.jpeg
    3857A004-D038-4EAE-A17E-6C6BFABDDC3D.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 10, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #112 of 293
This might be a niche question but does anyone who have this know if it runs Plex? Need it for remote streaming.

Thanks

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #113 of 293
@Shanling

I tried out the USB DAC mode, it worked fine. Disconnected and then my screen/device went into some odd demo mode. A small white bar was displayed at the top 1/4 of the screen, with weird digits and numbers. Also when I touched the screen, it was if I had a spen or something, as a thin tracer line would follow my finger movements. So of course I had to factory reset the device AGAIN, requiring me of course to have to reapply the Play Store firmware add on, and darnit dowload all my Tidal and Qobuz offline files AGAIN.

I didn't take pictures, as I freaked and thought my screen was dead. So I quickly tried a few settings, a few reboots and said screw it, lets try a factory reset.

So what is the world happened? Is my device just a bad one, should I consider returning for a replacement, or is this just normal glitches?
-----------
Just re-set everything, tried USB DAC again....crash/reboot. Welp I won't ever try that again. Ive lost a few hours. Umm i think USB DAC mode is borked on 1.3.1, if you use the Play Store firmware.

Also now Play Store doesn't work (after a factory reset), because the device has already been registered and google services wont verify the duplicate device ID. What a pain in the rear.

If Shanling would just upgraded to 9.0 (like Hiby), O doubt I would have any of these software issues (wink wink).

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #114 of 293
I tried out the USB DAC mode, it worked fine. Disconnected and then my screen/device went into some odd demo mode. A small white bar was displayed at the top 1/4 of the screen, with weird digits and numbers. Also when I touched the screen, it was if I had a spen or something, as a thin tracer line would follow my finger movements. So of course I had to factory reset the device AGAIN, requiring me of course to have to reapply the Play Store firmware add on, and darnit dowload all my Tidal and Qobuz offline files AGAIN.

I didn't take pictures, as I freaked and thought my screen was dead. So I quickly tried a few settings, a few reboots and said screw it, lets try a factory reset.

So what is the world happened? Is my device just a bad one, should I consider returning for a replacement, or is this just normal glitches?
-----------
Just re-set everything, tried USB DAC again....crash/reboot. Welp I won't ever try that again. Ive lost a few hours. Umm i think USB DAC mode is borked on 1.3.1, if you use the Play Store firmware.

We didn't met such error on any of our M6 Pros and there are no reports of such behavior from other users.
From what you are describing, it seems that by some accident "Pointer location" from developer settings just got turned on. It's build-in Android feature and can be simply turned on and off by user. No need to do factory reset.

Send you PM, will try to help you solve this out.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 25, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #115 of 293
Hi Shanling or other .

Cannot connect Sony WH-XM4 latest generation headphone. Only the 'Contacts' bluetooth part (phone) is recognized but not the 'Multimedia' part. Also not available by the Sony Headphone app on the device. I uninstalled the app, cleared the cache, nothing. A help ? Many thanks

No problem to connect the Sonyto my Samsung S20 + in ldac.

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #116 of 293
Hi Shanling or other .

Cannot connect Sony WH-XM4 latest generation headphone. Only the 'Contacts' bluetooth part (phone) is recognized but not the 'Multimedia' part. Also not available by the Sony Headphone app on the device. I uninstalled the app, cleared the cache, nothing. A help ? Many thanks

No problem to connect the Sonyto my Samsung S20 + in ldac.
SOLVED
Pairing the Sony WH_XM4 in 'Prime mode '.
Great sound with LDAC .

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #117 of 293
Hi guys, I'm just trying to do the google play store update but failing miserably! I can't seem to copy the patch file into the internal storage... it just doesn't let me paste the file. Any ideas?

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #118 of 293
Hi guys, I'm just trying to do the google play store update but failing miserably! I can't seem to copy the patch file into the internal storage... it just doesn't let me paste the file. Any ideas?
I've tried various usb cables, I've set the unit to each type of USB connection (charge, file transfer, photo, midi) but it just will not let me copy that file!

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #120 of 293
New firmware update V1.41 for Shanling M6 Pro

Few small fixes and system improvements.

OTA update available, full notes and download links
on our website.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back