Shanling M6 Player - New version with ESS DACs coming soon
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #556 of 1,455
20200109_071926.jpg The 2.74 update broke my playstore. Shall I remove + reinstall it? It was working fine with the shipping 2.62 firmware. Thanks

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #557 of 1,455
The 2.74 update broke my playstore. Shall I remove + reinstall it? It was working fine with the shipping 2.62 firmware. Thanks

Did you perform a factory reset after applying the firmware update. You can only get away with no factory reset if updating from 2.73 to 2.74

Also i'm guessing none international version

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #559 of 1,455
Quick questions to those using the Inlt version. I might be buying a spotify (or apple music) suscription for ocational listening, I heard apple music has a larger library and better codec (AAC m4a), has any one had experience using any of these 2?
thanks.

Jan 9, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #560 of 1,455
Jan 9, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #561 of 1,455
No I did not. Uninstalling/reinstalling solved my playstore issue. They should write down that factory reset is necessary...

We have it marked in red on sites announcing firmware updates, such as here: http://en.shanling.com/article-M6V2-74.html
I also added it now to the Setting up page.

I'm still waiting for software team to add in some automatic "update notes" for OTA update.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 10, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #562 of 1,455
A few issues I'm seeing on M6 with FW 2.74 are...

1. On the lockscreen I have time in 24-hour format even though I set time to be in 12-hour format

2. On the lockscreen the date is displayed as 1 day ahead and the year is in Chinese characters. For instance it's 1/9 (January 9) today, however the lockscreen date is 1/10 (January 10) with Chinese characters interspersed.

3. 44.1KHz music played via Neutron and PowerAmp apps is upsampled to 384KHz whereas the same music played in Shanling and UAPP apps is played at the native 44.1KHz.

Are others experiencing these issues? If so, are there any solutions?

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #564 of 1,455
A few issues I'm seeing on M6 with FW 2.74 are...

1. On the lockscreen I have time in 24-hour format even though I set time to be in 12-hour format

2. On the lockscreen the date is displayed as 1 day ahead and the year is in Chinese characters. For instance it's 1/9 (January 9) today, however the lockscreen date is 1/10 (January 10) with Chinese characters interspersed.

3. 44.1KHz music played via Neutron and PowerAmp apps is upsampled to 384KHz whereas the same music played in Shanling and UAPP apps is played at the native 44.1KHz.

Are others experiencing these issues? If so, are there any solutions?

Thanks!

#1, and #2 on my intl device, running 2.7.4 exhibits the same quirk.

#3. Regarding off Neutron, are you using the 32-bit version? You don't want the 64-bit version, as that is typically what is installed from the play store. You can download the correct arm7 neon version from the neutron website.

http://www.neutronmp.com/downloads/category/2-google-play#

You also have to disable the generic driver/custom option in the audio settings. Also make sure you check the follow source frequency option, to insure bitperfect playback.

Poweramp will need to add the M6 to its driver system in order for the hires option to function correctly. You can make the request on the poweramp forum.

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #565 of 1,455
Since we are in the complaining phase of the unit ownership honeymoon, I'll add another one.
It seems like the accessibility setting is missing from this version of Android and it makes some apps crash because of it. I tried a bunch of virtual key apps yesterday and they all relied on this service to work properly.
Lastly I installed nova launcher and some functions are also stripped because of the missing setting.
20200110_072955.jpg
20200110_072955.jpg
20200110_073003.jpg

Attachments

• 20200110_073003.jpg
    20200110_073003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #566 of 1,455
Since we are in the complaining phase of the unit ownership honeymoon, I'll add another one.
It seems like the accessibility setting is missing from this version of Android and it makes some apps crash because of it. I tried a bunch of virtual key apps yesterday and they all relied on this service to work properly.
Lastly I installed nova launcher and some functions are also stripped because of the missing setting.

Accessibility is there. First off you have to enable developer options. Click the build number 5 times. Back out into settings. Use Search box at the top of settings, for accessibility, and then enable it for Nova Launcher.

The native gestures of the Shanling device, complicate mixing with Nova gestures, especially the swiping up/down home options.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #567 of 1,455
Hi Shanling. There is no chance to operate with play market on China version? Local distributors have no intl version still. So I used Chinese version of M6 and want to have ability to install apps I bought from PM.

Jan 10, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #568 of 1,455
Accessibility is there. First off you have to enable developer options. Click the build number 5 times. Back out into settings. Use Search box at the top of settings, for accessibility, and then enable it for Nova Launcher.

The native gestures of the Shanling device, complicate mixing with Nova gestures, especially the swiping up/down home options.
awesome thanks!
Not to be too negative, I just purchased a Shanling M0 for my wife on Aliexpress. I have a good feeling about the M6, it just need some polishing like a newer Android version (security patch of December 2016 is not exactly cutting it nowadays...)

Jan 10, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #569 of 1,455
awesome thanks!
Not to be too negative, I just purchased a Shanling M0 for my wife on Aliexpress. I have a good feeling about the M6, it just need some polishing like a newer Android version (security patch of December 2016 is not exactly cutting it nowadays...)

I agree on the security patch, 2016 is pretty bad. I am REAL hesitant to use my email accounts to register my apps through the play store.

Also Shanling can you find a way to allow for gapless playback in the native app? I know this is a rebashed HibyMusic player app, but hopefully your software team can find a way allow for the all that small tweak. Listening to live albums, is tough with the start and stop after each track.

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #570 of 1,455
I agree on the security patch, 2016 is pretty bad. I am REAL hesitant to use my email accounts to register my apps through the play store.

Also Shanling can you find a way to allow for gapless playback in the native app? I know this is a rebashed HibyMusic player app, but hopefully your software team can find a way allow for the all that small tweak. Listening to live albums, is tough with the start and stop after each track.
Create a new gmail account specifically for this purporse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back