Shanling M6 Player - New version with ESS DACs coming soon
Dec 29, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #497 of 1,456
You can order through E1 Personal Audio. They have a branch in Sungei Wang.
thanks, I'll find mr Lee himself

Dec 29, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #498 of 1,456
My M6 is working fine, no gapless bug.
And i can tell you software bugs are no big problem, if you have shanling stuff.
They hear you and your message is directly going to the software team.
I never saw service quality like this

Thanks for confirming @Redmasta. I've got a long history with Shanling DAPs starting with their first DAP (the venerable M3), and I've helped organize tours for several of their DAPs through the M3s. Those earlier Shanling DAPs have served me well as have their mini-DAC/Amps (UP & UP4), and the M6 is the one I've been holding out for.

If I can ask, is the M6 your first DAP? Can you let me know how it compares to your other methods of consuming portable audio?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #501 of 1,456
I am stuck between the Shanling M6 and the Hiby Pro 6 has anyone listened to both ?
I listen to mostly Rock music and some Trance music.
I have Shure SE 535 RED earphones.

This is something I'm curious about, as well. My research has led me to a couple videos on Porta.fi's YouTube channel. There's no direct comparison, but I think you'll find these are helpful...

Hiby R6 Pro

Shanling M6

Take a look and report back on whether they were helpful for making your purchase decision.

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #502 of 1,456
I have listened to both. Not at the same time, but I had clear impressions and I have compared both to Pioneer xdp 100r.
For my taste I liked the M6 more. I found its more forward and meatier mids better, quite more natural, wormer, better attack. I do not remember any Details on techicalities. I do not have the M6 any more because I found it had bad battery life. It is one of my favourite DAPs soundwise though, but I settled on the QP2R after all (i bought it used for a much lower price). Price wise the M6 is better than QP2R, sound wise the QP2R is really something special.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #504 of 1,456
I was getting 15-17% down per hour on balanced (5,5-6,5 hours play time) and it was on firmware 2.6. Everything offline. On stand by it would go down 6% per hour, I suppose it is additive to the power consumption when playing music, so without it it would be 9-10 % per hour which would yield the advertised 9 hours play time in balanced. Unfortunately it would go down 8% in 6 hours when turned off. In average it didn't Last me a day commuting and listening to it on work.

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #505 of 1,456
I am stuck between the Shanling M6 and the Hiby Pro 6 has anyone listened to both ?
I listen to mostly Rock music and some Trance music.
I have Shure SE 535 RED earphones.

I've had an R6Pro twice in the past, also M11/M11Pro, N6ii, dx220, colorfly u6/u8 etc I'm a metal head and M6 is a keeper :L3000:

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #507 of 1,456
I've had an R6Pro twice in the past, also M11/M11Pro, N6ii, dx220, colorfly u6/u8 etc I'm a metal head and M6 is a keeper :L3000:

From reviews I've read, it would seem that R6 Pro would also be good for metal. Can you comment on why you think M6 is better for metal, and what type of metal do you listen to?

#metalftw

:metal::metal::metal:

I was getting 15-17% down per hour on balanced (5,5-6,5 hours play time) and it was on firmware 2.6. Everything offline. On stand by it would go down 6% per hour, I suppose it is additive to the power consumption when playing music, so without it it would be 9-10 % per hour which would yield the advertised 9 hours play time in balanced. Unfortunately it would go down 8% in 6 hours when turned off. In average it didn't Last me a day commuting and listening to it on work.

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else seeing excessive battery drain in standby mode?

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #508 of 1,456
I
I second @nmatheis ‘ question! What makes the M6 good for metal, and what metal? Thanks for your input throughout the thread.

Dec 29, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #509 of 1,456
It's been a long time away for me. Nice to see several people I used to chat with still hanging around!

I'm a huge fan of Shanling. Personally think they make the best bang for your buck DAPs, and I'm very tempted by the M6 but want to ask if the gapless issue has been sorted out yet. If not, is it only an issue with the stock player and third-party apps aren't affected?

Thanks!

Shanling app doesn't do gapless at all.
Other apps are mostly fine, but few seems to not communicate with out anti-SRC system ideally and puts int some small gaps.

Any chance to get fix or maybe complete firmware update in this year?

In last two days of this year, we should have some small update, fixing few bugs.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 29, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #510 of 1,456
Shanling app doesn't do gapless at all.
Other apps are mostly fine, but few seems to not communicate with out anti-SRC system ideally and puts in some small gaps.

Thanks for the quick answer @Shanling. Much appreciated!

I think I remember you mentioned that the engineers are working on gapless implementation in the Shanling Music app. Is that correct?

Can you (or someone else, perhaps) please confirm whether Google Play Music, Neutron, and PowerAmp,Qobuz , Tidal apps have gapless? Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back