Shanling M6 Player - New version with ESS DACs coming soon
Oct 12, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #154 of 1,456
I feel partly content. On a different matter I'm having a hard time downloading songs from Tidal so I'm using Google music. I feel Google is doing something different in the way they are able to provide downloadable songs.
About this unit in particular, the form factor is good. It's a bit heavier compared to THX portable. I had that unit stolen so I bought this.

The big problem is I'm trying to figure out how to use the USB dac port. With the THX previously I had to use a straight OTG cable connected to my phone running the USB Audio player Pro to bypass the internal phone dac.
Please tell me you are providing a future firmware to allow this ability.

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #155 of 1,456
@Shanling Will this have the A2DP profile since it's android? When i bought the m0, i realised i could not use a bluetooth remote...so i bought the m5s, and that too can't use Bluetooth remote.
If the m6 also can't use Bluetooth remote, i guess I won't be buying another shanling dap again

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #156 of 1,456
So what's the word on the sound of this player? Owners, care to chime in?

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #158 of 1,456
Nice. Ty!

Fantastic, wonderful thick layered sound, deep textured bass, dynamic,detailed and musical. One of my favourite (note:all this with neutron)

The special edition AK4495SEQ are really nice. I've yet to discover what's in the amp section.

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #159 of 1,456
What's the general consensus on Rocket Player? I've got it on my phone and tablet and sometimes use it to stream over to my UP2 and M5s.

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #161 of 1,456
Not tried rocket player for a number of years, does it do hi-res these days?
I use it as my player. It does not do above 16 bit without resample.
Because it already has its own audio engine, the dta bypass shouldn't work on it.

This is direct from developer. I think I've asked twice as well as asking them to do up to 24bit, but they say there isn't enough interest.

My goal is to see if mediamonkey will do bit perfect on this device since it uses the android src, so dta should allow it to bypass direct to dac.

I haven't been able to get anyone to test yet.

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #162 of 1,456
Thank you. That's helpful. I guess I won't put it on the M6 even though I've been fairly happy with it for Phone use...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back