Shanling M5s now with TIDAL - Dual AK4493EQ DAC, fully balanced, Wi-Fi, 2way LDAC BT, 3.2 Touch screen, FW 3.7
Sep 19, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #602 of 2,497
They revealed the price and release date of the ME100 without any prompting so I'm sure they'll do the same here. It's pointless asking for it every day.

I've only asked once :)
Looks great, the bigger screen gives you a lot to work with.

What stands out to me most however are the plus and minus buttons. I would expect them to be swapped, with plus on the right side.

No album art icons in the list?

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #604 of 2,497
I know it's not Tuesday yet, but here are two answers to your questions:

M5sprice.png

Note:

We will be releasing first run of M5s onto Chinese market earlier, at beginning of October.
This first run, as was case with M0, serves little bit as testing run. So if there are any problems, customers can easily send the units back to us for any repair. It will also allow us to get quick software fix for any newly discovered problems before units reach international distributors.

Of course these units will show up on different selling channels. And if you truly can't wait, you can of course get one, they will be same as later shipped units for international market.

But beware, if there is any problem, be prepared to ship your player back to Chinese seller and wait for it to be repaired. (If you will be lucky enough to even get response from Chinese seller).

Last edited:
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 20, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #606 of 2,497
Sep 20, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #610 of 2,497

Note:

We will be releasing first run of M5s onto Chinese market earlier, at beginning of October.
This first run, as was case with M0, serves little bit as testing run. So if there are any problems, customers can easily send the units back to us for any repair. It will also allow us to get quick software fix for any newly discovered problems before units reach international distributors.

Of course these units will show up on different selling channels. And if you truly can't wait, you can of course get one, they will be same as later shipped units for international market.

But beware, if there is any problem, be prepared to ship your player back to Chinese seller and wait for it to be repaired. (If you will be lucky enough to even get response from Chinese seller).
@Shanling Great price! Also thanks for the warning for the initial launch:wink:. I'll wait for first impressions.

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #611 of 2,497

Note:

Where can we find these Chinese sellers?
Will the Penon Audio be one of them?
Chinese earlier price will be the same?
I cant wait I want my unit as soon as possible:)

"if there is any problem, be prepared to ship your player back to Chinese seller"
Why cant I send it direct to you?

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #612 of 2,497

Note:

I think I just wet my pants. :blush::hugging:

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #614 of 2,497

Note:

Oh Wow!

I was expecting $499.

I had been weighing my options of buying a current M2S soon and using a BT receiver for LDAC phone use, against waiting on a different player, but that price has me thinking just wait and go with the M5S.

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #615 of 2,497
“Any problems.” Are u suggesting that any warranty claims will not be addressed?

I don#t think so. But warranty claims would need to be adressed and dealt with by the dealer from which you purchased the unit. Normal thing.

Hope there will be dust caps for the USB-C and both 2.5 and 3.5mm included in the accessories.
Always a bit of hassle to order these 2 cent items separately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back