Shanling M5s now with TIDAL - Dual AK4493EQ DAC, fully balanced, Wi-Fi, 2way LDAC BT, 3.2 Touch screen, FW 3.7
Jan 11, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #1,546 of 2,497
I was wanting a NOS option on M5s but I see now looking back that it has the super-slow filter option and, judging by what is written in the ADI2-DAC manual on the subject (also using AK DACs), this is the same thing.

Oddly enough, the only filter listed on AKM's website that's not listed in the M5s' firmware menu is the "Super-Slow Roll-Off". There is a "Super Short Delay" option. (Maybe it's mislabeled?)

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #1,547 of 2,497
Is there any way to trigger USB/USB DAC once the device has been disconnected from such connection with PC with unit still plugged in? The workaround I've been using for now was to follow Golden Rule of All Troubleshooting and plug the cord out and plug it back again but maybe there is more convienient and permanent solution for this?

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #1,548 of 2,497
so i just got my m5s for around $420 with a free leather case

IMG_20190112_144435.jpg
my first impression was it has a superior separation and imaging, the best i heard so far. tbh tonality wasn't that good and sometimes it feels like it was smoothened, i like this thing but headfonics reviews sure got a point. im playing with the eq and able enhance the tonality into a little better

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,549 of 2,497

my first impression was it has a superior separation and imaging, the best i heard so far. tbh tonality wasn't that good and sometimes it feels like it was smoothened, i like this thing but headfonics reviews sure got a point. im playing with the eq and able enhance the tonality into a little better
You need to play for 200 hours minimum before you hear anything like the final performance of this device. How many more times do we have to state this before people get it?

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #1,550 of 2,497
I have been thinking about buying this player just have a few questions that I am not sure have been covered. I tried to use the search function but couldn't find the answer.

Does this device need burn in and if so how long time before it reaches its full potential?

:deadhorse:

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #1,551 of 2,497
White epoxy based finishes provide the answer here - something like Duracoat is both tough as nails and can be made to look like polished ivory piano keys.

I was just thinking more along the lines of a bottle of tippex tbh :p

Jan 12, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #1,552 of 2,497

Oh you could not resist the temptation to buy the Shanling M5s :sunglasses:? You have told me that you haven't decided what to choose, and stayed in this thread for a while ?:grinning:
BTW, should wait a little bit for the "burn in" process ( not sure how many hours, may be no need that hundred hours burn in!)

Jan 12, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #1,553 of 2,497
I have been thinking about buying this player just have a few questions that I am not sure have been covered. I tried to use the search function but couldn't find the answer.

Does this device need burn in and if so how long time before it reaches its full potential?

:deadhorse:
I remembered Shanling has answered somewhere but could not find! You may need " burn in" for a while to your beleive ... Mine is good right out of the box. The more I use it, the more I like it.:L3000:

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #1,559 of 2,497
Oh you could not resist the temptation to buy the Shanling M5s :sunglasses:? You have told me that you haven't decided what to choose, and stayed in this thread for a while ?:grinning:
BTW, should wait a little bit for the "burn in" process ( not sure how many hours, may be no need that hundred hours burn in!)
Yeah i cant resist it, im suffering lmao .
i stayed at sony store for a while, ZX300 didnt sound so divine like the first time i heard it. Then the red colored M5S arrived along with free leather case, my local store also decrease the price like around $20, timing just couldnt get any better

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #1,560 of 2,497
Yeah i cant resist it, im suffering lmao .
i stayed at sony store for a while, ZX300 didnt sound so divine like the first time i heard it. Then the red colored M5S arrived along with free leather case, my local store also decrease the price like around $20, timing just couldnt get any better
Can you post the pictures of your red M5s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back