Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Jun 17, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #1,937 of 2,445
@Shanling Would it be possible to make the back gesture (in gesture navigation mode) less prone to false positives on the shanling M3X, as I'm always accidentally triggering it?

(I assume Shanling implemented gesture mode themselves, since these gestures were not available in stock Android 7)

Experimentation shows that you can trigger back by swiping a line as shown below (and similarly from the right edge of the screen).

1655469750037.png

A swipe like that, with more vertical motion than horizontal is almost always going to be the user attempting to scroll, and not go back. I often accidentally trigger it in this way.

(Drawing this line on a new android phone, e.g. Pixel 4a, will not trigger the back gesture)

Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #1,938 of 2,445
@Shanling Would it be possible to make the back gesture (in gesture navigation mode) less prone to false positives on the shanling M3X, as I'm always accidentally triggering it?

(I assume Shanling implemented gesture mode themselves, since these gestures were not available in stock Android 7)

Experimentation shows that you can trigger back by swiping a line as shown below (and similarly from the right edge of the screen).

1655469750037.png

A swipe like that, with more vertical motion than horizontal is almost always going to be the user attempting to scroll, and not go back. I often accidentally trigger it in this way.

(Drawing this line on a new android phone, e.g. Pixel 4a, will not trigger the back gesture)

Thanks
Yup, it's because the width they used is for bigger screens. If you would reduce the number of pixels from the edges for the swipe we would have had a smoother experience. If only some developer from xda could provide root to this device hehehe

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #1,941 of 2,445
I am trying to read through all these 130 pages... but in short I can't download Google Play Store... ??? on both M3X and M6... I can't use apkmirror on the device either as it got stuck "checking your browser before accessing... " loop

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,942 of 2,445
I am trying to read through all these 130 pages... but in short I can't download Google Play Store... ??? on both M3X and M6... I can't use apkmirror on the device either as it got stack "checking your browser before accessing... " loop

ok so through Web version of APKPure it works because it downloads the Google Play apk...

>>> Using Via app, which is installed. Type in APK Pure and open up the Web Version of APK Pure.

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #1,943 of 2,445
I'd have thought that it would be implemented using relative tolerances, so as to be screen-size agnostic, or at least, that would be the smart way to do it.

Without source code, neither of us can really say how it was done...
i have seen apps for gesture navigation, in some of them you are the one who will have to set up how far from the edges you want your touch to register. if only we have root, we can at least do some changes. I'm sure someone would see a way to modify them

Jun 18, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #1,944 of 2,445
i have seen apps for gesture navigation, in some of them you are the one who will have to set up how far from the edges you want your touch to register. if only we have root, we can at least do some changes. I'm sure someone would see a way to modify them

The M3x can be rooted with Magisk using QFIL. See NP Audio boards for more information. I'm using JamesDSP on mine currently.

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #1,946 of 2,445
can you tell me an overview of the process?

Boot to edl mode, use QFIL with the correct firehose config to extract boot partition, reboot, patch with Magisk app and then use QFIL again (in edl mode) to flash patched boot partition, reboot to root.

Jun 18, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #1,947 of 2,445
Boot to edl mode, use QFIL with the correct firehose config to extract boot partition, reboot, patch with Magisk app and then use QFIL again (in edl mode) to flash patched boot partition, reboot to root.
???????????????!!! Arghhhh. Can you translate that into English?

Jun 18, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #1,948 of 2,445
can you share the firehose config or at least the exact name? i have tried every firehose for msm8937, none would work. it's just a few kilobytes anyway

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #1,949 of 2,445
Jun 18, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #1,950 of 2,445
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back