Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #256 of 2,219
Looks nice. I am wondering if HiBy will be able to implement some streaming in the future, with wifi and streaming that would be amazing multimedia device.
Good to read about longer battery life. It look like a competitor for upcoming DX120 and Sony XZ300.

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #257 of 2,219
Looks nice. I am wondering if HiBy will be able to implement some streaming in the future, with wifi and streaming that would be amazing multimedia device.
Good to read about longer battery life. It look like a competitor for upcoming DX120 and Sony XZ300.
Yes, it will be interesting to see at what price point the DX120 will be. It really has turned into a free for all in the entry level DAP market which is tough on developers but great for the consumer.

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #260 of 2,219
First impressions are very very good, the balanced output is very clean, clear and precise. Again my Opus #2 is my reference player, and at 4 times the cost you expect it to be better, but there is very little difference between the two.

The same firmware as the other players means it's easy to use and navigate. Well done @Shanling

@twister6 you'll like this if you like the M2s, it really is excellent with low output impedance.

Sep 26, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #261 of 2,219
Have you already bought yours? :wink:

Let's just say I'll be able to give one an extended listen very soon...
:wink:

For what its worth, I was able to trade my old Shaning M2 to Amazon for a little over $120. So right now I am down to the M1 and M2S.

I really liked the sound of the M2 but I found it fairly unreliable compared with the M1 and M2S.

So now I have some Amazon pocket cash for new toys.....

I think someone will have a Shanling Trifecta soon...
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

First impressions are very very good, the balanced output is very clean, clear and precise. Again my Opus #2 is my reference player, and at 4 times the cost you expect it to be better, but there is very little difference between the two.

The same firmware as the other players means it's easy to use and navigate. Well done @Shanling

@twister6 you'll like this if you like the M2s, it really is excellent with low output impedance.

Nice first impressions. Can't wait to give it a listen!

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #264 of 2,219

I want to know what its like unbalanced. I'm never going to bother with balanced. For mics sure. Not for playback.

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #265 of 2,219
Shanling M3s is a dap. Looks like nice dap for me. I only listen one song 'last Christmas' by Wham. Thanks for this dap. Great.

There is plenty of other good music out there as well my friend! :wink:

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #268 of 2,219
If he only wants to listen to one song, you just leave him be. He'll save a fortune on MicroSD cards. :)

True but he still needs to buy at least one card so he might as well use the space for a few more tunes. Lots of great Christmas music out there to listen to. :o2smile:

Sep 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #269 of 2,219

Will find out soon, very soon :wink:

Oh, and have a great Indulgence show!!!

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #270 of 2,219
If DHL Tracking is right, I know what I'll be doing when I get home tonight. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back