Shanling M3
Feb 9, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #363 of 567
They're certainly different, but I wouldn't call one better. Depends on what you're looking for. M3 is smoother, whereas H3 is more more exciting. I like both.

Yeap it all boils down to one sonic preference and at the end of the day there is no right or wrong since sound is so subjective
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #365 of 567
I un
I understand your point, but a smartphone and a dac is not a dap:wink:

Users looking for a dap will probably ditch the smartphone + dac combo as I do.

And by saying better, could you please elaborate?

yeah fair enough better in soundstage haha

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #371 of 567
Finally got a M3. I love the control wheel - very easy to navigate and skip tracks. I am still getting used to adjusting volume with that.  I am quite surprised by the sound. From the reviews which I have read here and in other websites, I was expecting a neutral sound. But mine sound a bit warm with bass. It came with FW3.0.  Wondering if the sound change after some burn in.

In one of the reviews, it's advised to use bassy iems with M3. I have tried XB90Ex and AD01 and I feel the bass is little bloated. Also is 3.0 the latest fw.

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #375 of 567
Haven't heard AP100. Perhaps it's a brighter sound to begin with? What was your EQ for AP100?

Thanks, You are right, because of the bright sound of Ap100. I boosted the sub-bass  [50 Hz => +4, 70 hz => +2] and high freq [1 KHz => +2,  7Khz => + 2,  ]. I am not very good at eqing. I use this with Ad01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back