Shanling M3
Jan 29, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #331 of 567
Thank you @Shanling for this update.
Has been waiting for this 'play through folders' Folder Skip feature.
smile.gif

Maybe as much as I've been waiting for gapless 
wink_face.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #333 of 567
Maybe as much as I've been waiting for gapless :wink_face:

Like me :wink:

New firmware add a new EQ settings. But we still have high and low pitch settings... Why?
I believe high and low pitch settings to be hardware controlled, while EQ settings are software controlled, am I right?
If yes then good job Shanling to give us choice!

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #335 of 567
I am quite very certain that the sound has changed after using the new firmware.
This is not the familiar M3 Shanling sound that I am used to listening to for the past months.
It seems like the sound has become 'brighter' (like I had changed from copper to silver cable?)
I will have to listen some more...

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #336 of 567
I am quite very certain that the sound has changed after using the new firmware.
This is not the familiar M3 Shanling sound that I am used to listening to for the past months.
It seems like the sound has become 'brighter' (like I had changed from copper to silver cable?)
I will have to listen some more...

currently listening "Brothers in Bamako" by Habib Koité & Eric Bibb: no change in sound with new firmware.
If you don't know this music album I cannot guarantee you will like it, but it's worth a try, they are great musicians.

Edit : does someone else think sound has changed? For me it is a definitive no it doesn't... And I appreciate this, coming from an Ibasso where every firmware has a different sound.

Edit2: bug found in new firmware : screen lock fonction is inverted, locked when off, unlocked when on.

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #340 of 567
The M3 I have is with a buddy in Canada who tried Gapless with some ALAC files without success. Have others tested this and gotten Gapless to work? If so, what file type were you using?

Don't have gapless ALAC files. But using wav on Eric Clapton - Unplugged, flac on Paul McCartney - Unplugged, flac on Cowboy Junkies - Live at The Ark on 2009, flac on Pink Flyod - The Wall, just to name a few, gapless works fine for me.

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #342 of 567
Thanks for confirming @puppyfi
. Can you transcode to ALAC and see if they're still gapless?

I downloaded any-audio-converter to convert Pink Floyd - The Wall from flac to alac (m4a).
Gapless still works flawlessly.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #343 of 567
Just a question, does anyone else has difficulty  turning their unit off after the firmware 3.0? My unit seems like not to response to me pressing the off button. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #344 of 567
Just a question, does anyone else has difficulty  turning their unit off after the firmware 3.0? My unit seems like not to response to me pressing the off button. 

Never have problem turning unit off with all firmware so far (including the latest v3.0).
However, I did encountered (twice, on different occasion) 'unable' to power on the unit with a single press. Eventually, I think a very long press on the power on button finally managed to turn the unit on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back