Shanling M2x - TIDAL || Wi-Fi || Both-way LDAC BT & BT Transmitter || Advanced USB transport || FW 2.7
Feb 25, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #17 of 714
Yep, curious about all SPECS.

2.5mm balanced power too.

I like that now lot of DAP have balanced, really give clearer background noise floor as well as lotta extra power.

Hope dac will be by cirrus or sabre....or AK4495-97 (not the over used AK4490).

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #20 of 714
I hope this is like an upgraded M0, I really like the M0 but miss some of the features the M5s has. Like balanced output, customizable EQ, and screen size. I just hope the M2x isn't $200+ cause that would put a dent in my wallet. LOL

Feb 26, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #24 of 714
Soon it will be 1 year since we revealed Shanling M0. Flagship Shanling M5s was announced just 6 months ago. Now it’s time to fill the gap between them with a new mid-tier player. And what could be a better fit than third generation of popular M2 model?

Introducing Shanling M2x

Shanling M2x is smaller brother of our current flagship Shanling M5s. Same beautiful design, MTouch system and rich feature list. And while M5s stays as our top model thanks to its superior sound quality, M2x will be tempting alternative for anybody looking for slightly smaller and cheaper player.

Shanling M2x will come with few new features*:

- Tidal support – For never-ending streaming of music (ONLINE mode only)

- USB Bluetooth transmitter – For high quality wireless sound from any computer

- Advanced USB output – For use with any external USB DAC, now including compatibility with DLNA, Airplay and Bluetooth receiver modes

Other features:

- MTouch 2.0 system

- Bluetooth 4.2, two-way connection

- LDAC, AAC, apt-X, SBC support

- 2.5 mm balanced and 3.5 mm single-ended output

- USB DAC function

- DLNA & Airplay support

- OTA upgrades

- 3.2 inch touch screen

- Single micro SD card slot

* All new features will be implemented to other models in the future via firmware update

Will you announce a new model, although M0 support is not in time?

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #25 of 714
Will you announce a new model, although M0 support is not in time?
In time for what? I don't remember ever seeing a timetable.

The impatience and neediness shown on this thread and the M5s thread is very sad to see. Do you people not have lives that this matters so much?

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #26 of 714
In time for what? I don't remember ever seeing a timetable.

The impatience and neediness shown on this thread and the M5s thread is very sad to see. Do you people not have lives that this matters so much?

I for one understand the impatience, this forum is after all about getting our hands on the latest tech ASAP. :)

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #27 of 714
I'm glad to see 2.5 balanced is on the device but Bluetooth 4.2? That is kind of a let down I hope that we can at least get some bluetooth 5.0 features like what Radsone did with the last ES100 update for Bluetooth.

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #30 of 714
I would be interested in the power output specs. I would assume sound quality similar or better than the M0 which would be great.

For an M3X version it would be great to take a look at the ibasso 120 for design ideas. Big power....dual micro SD slots....dedicated line out. Keep 2.5mm balanced because otherwise the unit becomes too thick.

My M2S is a real workhouse so I would be interested in how this plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back