Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Jun 23, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #1,006 of 2,460
So, couple weeks ago finally got my player. I'm very happy with this little player @Shanling. The battery life is seems to me better than I expected, yesterday continously listened 6.5 hours and still have full battery. Everything is working like a charm even the Bluetooth connection with my car working flawlessly. Usually listening with Cambridge Audio ES1 and very happy with the crystal clear sound.

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #1,007 of 2,460
Are you guys able to navigate with the wheel one-handed, or is it more of a two-handed ordeal?

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #1,012 of 2,460
Doesn't sound like the wheel is very durable with it bring good for 1000 presses and 10,000 rotations. Seems like it should be able to handle more than 1000 presses

it should be durable as it's rated for 500K presses (and 10K rotation). the wheel originated from the M1, you might want to check their thread for any feedback on its durability.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #1,014 of 2,460
It might be fine it just sounded to me like over the time you own one of these that you'd turn the wheel more than 10,000 times.

i really doubt normal users (specially multi DAP owners) will be able to reach 10K. Most users will be selling their units well before that's reached. Similar to DSLR users, i never get to reach 150K actuations - and it's mind boggling for a casual, weekend user to reach that number.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #1,015 of 2,460
it should be durable as it's rated for 500K presses (and 10K rotation). the wheel originated from the M1, you might want to check their thread for any feedback on its durability.

It might be fine it just sounded to me like over the time you own one of these that you'd turn the wheel more than 10,000 times.
Really? This is a high quality ALPS Japanese made volume wheel.
I would suggest to relax and enjoy the music on M2s.

If it is made by ALPS, it should last a long time - FiiO X series have had their wheels made by ALPS and I've been using an X generation player as my daily DAP for over 3 years now.

What I'm more curious is how it actually feels like to use it - I never had anything with a wheel on the side - is it intuitive, does it work alright? FiiO X5 has been awesome for me and it relies on a wheel, so I am not shy about wheels, they seem like a great way to control a DAP, I actually think that M2s could be really fun to use in practice .

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #1,016 of 2,460
i really doubt normal users (specially multi DAP owners) will be able to reach 10K. Most users will be selling their units well before that's reached. Similar to DSLR users, i never get to reach 150K actuations - and it's mind boggling for a casual, weekend user to reach that number.

We don't always manage to spend all the clicks a mouse has since we upgrade it way before it reaches the click limit, so wheel turns and clicks limit should be enough.

Plus, if it works anything like things work in engineering industry, those numbers are MTBF or minimum, the wheels themselves can lost way longer in practice - especially if they are used with care.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #1,017 of 2,460
We don't always manage to spend all the clicks a mouse has since we upgrade it way before it reaches the click limit, so wheel turns and clicks limit should be enough.

Plus, if it works anything like things work in engineering industry, those numbers are MTBF or minimum, the wheels themselves can lost way longer in practice - especially if they are used with care.

Exactly my point as well :thumbsup:

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #1,018 of 2,460

I don't know but I only own one DAP and use it everyday.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #1,019 of 2,460
If it is made by ALPS, it should last a long time - FiiO X series have had their wheels made by ALPS and I've been using an X generation player as my daily DAP for over 3 years now.

What I'm more curious is how it actually feels like to use it - I never had anything with a wheel on the side - is it intuitive, does it work alright? FiiO X5 has been awesome for me and it relies on a wheel, so I am not shy about wheels, they seem like a great way to control a DAP, I actually think that M2s could be really fun to use in practice .

Fiio had alot of problems with the scroll wheel on the X series players. Not everyone had problems but it's why they switched to the touch wheel on the X1II.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,020 of 2,460
I don't know but I only own one DAP and use it everyday.

well, it's hard for one to "keep track" of the button mileage. but just hope if ever your M2s's wheel gives up - that it'll be within the warranty period so that you can still have it replaced/fixed. and since you use it more often that most (including me) - you'll be able to give feedback in the future on how long yours lasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back