Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
May 11, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #586 of 938
Just buy things that you want man. 🤣
Nothing is perfect.
True nothing is perfect but some things are less perfect than others, the more expensive the DAP the fewer imperfections it should have or missing features. I have read and viewed two reviews of the R2 II and no mention of any issues in either review.

May 13, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #587 of 938
@Shanling can you at least assure us that the TIDAL support is still being devolped ? It's been 2 months already since the release and we didn't got any news about that. I would like one more time to say that this feature was on the marketing materials of this product and it was one of the reasons I bought it over other DAPs. I'm really sad to see the way this is being handle, and will definitely take this in consideration before buying any newly released product from Shanling brand again.

May 14, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #588 of 938
@Shanling can you at least assure us that the TIDAL support is still being devolped ? It's been 2 months already since the release and we didn't got any news about that. I would like one more time to say that this feature was on the marketing materials of this product and it was one of the reasons I bought it over other DAPs. I'm really sad to see the way this is being handle, and will definitely take this in consideration before buying any newly released product from Shanling brand again.
This is why you should always wait before buying Shanling DAP's and why I am considering the Hiby R2 II, 1/3 the price and Tidal and Qobuz streaming already working on initial release. Shanling should not mention features that aren't working on first release. That way when they do add them buyers will be happy and not frustrated having to wait indefinitely. If Hiby can have Qobuz streaming on an $89 DAP why can't Shanling put it on a $229 DAP?

May 14, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #589 of 938
Shanling should not mention features that aren't working on first release.

You are absolutely right 👍
Yet when I, somewhat jokingly, wrote that the M1s is a prototype, some crazy fanboy was all over me :beyersmile:

May 14, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #590 of 938
I sold mine, because I'm tired of serving as a beta tester at Shanling, and paying for that. And I'm not even talking about the unintuitive ergonomics.

May 14, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #591 of 938
Pity, FIIO have no plans to release M5 mk2. I trust their QC and the look & feel of M5 was really appealing.

May 14, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #592 of 938
I sold mine, because I'm tired of serving as a beta tester at Shanling, and paying for that. And I'm not even talking about the unintuitive ergonomics.
As someone who has been a beta tester I can't agree more. When I beta test I either get the product for free or at a large discount and a final finished firmware when officially released. With Shanling and some other Chinese makers we pay full price to basically beta test and then sit and wait for a final firmware if it ever even gets released. This is why I keep going back to Sony DAP's.

May 15, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #594 of 938
Many people would have bought the player on the premise of it being able to play Tidal. I don't understand how you dont have any details on when Tidal will be added unless its already been scrapped and you know about this.

Has work even started on Tidal, surely you can find something out instead of just coming back with "we have no details".

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #595 of 938
Obviously, Shanling's promises very often bind only those who listen to them.

May 15, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #596 of 938
Many people would have bought the player on the premise of it being able to play Tidal. I don't understand how you dont have any details on when Tidal will be added unless its already been scrapped and you know about this.

Has work even started on Tidal, surely you can find something out instead of just coming back with "we have no details".
They had Tidal streaming on the M2X and M5S MTouch DAP's so this isn't something new. Supposedly the M1S is even using the same version of the MTouch OS so again you have to ask, what is the holdup? Is it because they changed to ESS Sabre DAC's from AKM Dac's on the previous models?

So the M1S official page on the Shanling site does not list Tidal support only wifi streaming. So I guess they haven't really lied to customers officially, but still why mention something if it isn't official?

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #598 of 938
Just to confirm: the EQ settings don't on DSD files, right ? Or it depends on the DSD Output Mode ?

May 23, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #599 of 938

Tidal was not listed on our official materials, we mentioned it here as it's in our plans for M1s.
And so far we have no update on it from software team, just confirmed it's in works.

M1s has MQA support.

Just to confirm: the EQ settings don't on DSD files, right ? Or it depends on the DSD Output Mode ?

EQ only works with 16/48 or lower files, not able to work with any Hi-Res or DSD.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 23, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #600 of 938
I don't know if anyone else noticed that the clock on the device seems to be unreliable and drifts with time. I would be really thankful if Shanling could fix this, so that I can leave my phone at home and only carry M1S when I'm outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back