Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
May 31, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #617 of 926
How can I import playlists? I have it in both my music folder and my root folder and neither work. Says "Playlists not found"

Also my recently added doesn't work will this be fixed?
My recommendation is to first export one playlist, it will create folder where you need to put playlists and will show you ideal formatting for our system.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 5, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #619 of 926
None of the non-android DAP's have accurate battery meters though I have found Sony's to be the best. I simply don't worry about it until the low battery warning comes on. It usually comes on when there is roughly 10 to 20% battery life left depending on the DAP. Also it is recommended to let the battery completely drain every few months to recalibrate the battery which can help to some degree with accuracy.

edit: keep in mind all non-android DAP's run some kind of custom OS built on Linux so there are limitations on which features can be implemented and which can't and to what degree. It would seem that battery meter accuracy simply isn't something a Linux based OS can provide except of course for android also built on Linux but with a tonne of customization. Most of us buy non-android DAP's to avoid the android bloat so we also have to live with the limitations of non-android based DAP's.
Accurate or not it helps guesstimate remaining hours before it runs out. I usually just play my music and turn off the screen.

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #620 of 926
Will you ever add a keyboard so you can search your music? I know the screen is small but maybe make it a full screen keyboard. It is so hard to find my music on it 🥲

Also importing my playlists still doesn't work. All the files have their file extensions after them and they don't play the music.

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #621 of 926
Will you ever add a keyboard so you can search your music? I know the screen is small but maybe make it a full screen keyboard. It is so hard to find my music on it 🥲

Also importing my playlists still doesn't work. All the files have their file extensions after them and they don't play the music.are th
Do the names of the playlists show up in the playlist section?

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #625 of 926
I use foobar. They need to make playlists easier. When I import music it worked but the album section were unknown when it’s playing. So I deleted the files from each playlist (not source delete) and added the same files back to each playlist because it keeps its name. Works fine that way.

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #626 of 926
I use foobar. They need to make playlists easier. When I import music it worked but the album section were unknown when it’s playing. So I deleted the files from each playlist (not source delete) and added the same files back to each playlist because it keeps its name. Works fine that way.
Ah, thing is I need the files to work because many of my songs aren't in English so the alphabet sidebar is not very good for it. 😬

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #628 of 926
Does the M1S have a similar sound signature to the bigger M3X?

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #629 of 926
Accurate or not it helps guesstimate remaining hours before it runs out. I usually just play my music and turn off the screen.
Kind of depends on how inaccurate it is as to how useful to guesstimate. If Shanling could provide a ballpark figure on how inaccurate the meter is that would something at least. I know from my A55 once the low battery warning comes on I have about 4 hours of battery life left. I know that Hiby has a percentage indicator on their non-android DAP's but again not sure how accurate the percentages are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back