Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Mar 10, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #331 of 949
Mar 10, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #333 of 949
Il wait a little ... just want to hear more impressions, mo pro and m1s ...
I'm torn between which to buy
82E146E5-C0C6-4A67-9C05-E81F8EC237E0.jpeg

Amazon has the M0 Pro available for a very reasonable price, if you’re in the States. It's one firmware update away from being a phenomenal device. As it is it's still very good.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #334 of 949
@Shanling Thank you for the response. I will reach out to the official distributor.

@fish1050 We now can contact the distributor individually for more information.
That price doesn't work for me as it would be over $300 CDN and if I have to import from the US shipping will be pretty bad. Aoshida does sell on amazon.ca but they only carry the Shanling UP4 so they would have to carry the M1S for me to consider it. Either that or hopefully it can be imported from China at some point at a better price. $260.00 CDN is about what I would be willing to pay for it. If this were a perfect DAP I might consider it but the front mounted buttons and the meager battery life make it far from perfect for me. For not much more I can import an M3X.

The other option is to wait for Black Friday and hope for a price decrease. For now I will take a pass unless I can get it at a better price.

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #336 of 949
I'm still debating m1s as well though ...
Mo was a great product for it's time , it filled the gap after iPod... but there are lots more choices of small dap now and as I said I have owned a few .....nothing is ever perfect though and every brands has had there quirks in one way or another but I keep coming back to shanling as overall I have preferred there offerings..
I'm just frustrated with lack of opinions and reviews in general of both players especially with audio, and one review here or there doesn't really cut it for me as it doesn't really give a proper broad evaluation ...
I'm itching to buy but being a UK resident it's a pain and a waste of time to buy from abroad if you may not like it or its not what you was expecting...
more reviews , more opinions needed shanling! give some away to the top reviewers to evaluate , get more interest flowing ! These threads are slow! And doing this is good for all imo .

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #337 of 949
Mar 10, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #339 of 949
The best small DAP was, IMHO, Fiio M5. Allas, no longer available and with no chances of model upgrade.

Mar 11, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #341 of 949
Thanks but wont ship to UK else I would of pounced on a 90 dollar blk one...
Same if that price was available to me would’ve bought one in a heartbeat.

Anyone using a mest mk2 with their M0 pro ?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #342 of 949
One question: do you guys think this will be powerful enough to run a Hifiman Ananda Stealth ?

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #343 of 949
One question: do you guys think this will be powerful enough to run a Hifiman Ananda Stealth ?

If the Ananda Stealth is close to the same as my Ananda OG, I'd say you should be fine with the balanced connection.

Mar 12, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #344 of 949
Will it get loud ? Yes

Would I recommend running that as your main system for ananda ? No

I recommend a used zen stack with ananda. They go as low as 125$.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back