Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Feb 28, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #2,402 of 3,480
Answered it about half an hour ago for ya, 1.12 as of Feb 1st.

Thanks much! I just missed your reply. Seems I am up to date on the firmware.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #2,404 of 3,480
I am also using Chome. Don't know what is going on here. All I want to find out is the number of the latest firmware update.

Try a different browser or a different internet source (a friends house, a family members, an internet cafe, etc) or better yet call your internet provider or a computer doctor to fix the problem. It has nothing to do with Shanling's website.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #2,405 of 3,480
Try a different browser or a different internet source (a friends house, a family members, an internet cafe, etc) or better yet call your internet provider or a computer doctor to fix the problem. It has nothing to do with Shanling's website.

Good call! Changed from my Sony ZX tablet to Chromebook Pixel and website loaded OK.
Thanks much!

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #2,406 of 3,480
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Shanling M1 TaoBao, I had a friend who was visiting China so I had him bring one over for me.  I noticed something interesting with my unit; from all of the pictures I've seen posted in this thread and in various YouTube videos, there seems to be a plastic portion on the top of the unit.  This is absent in my unit.  

I'm not sure what the implications are, any thoughts?

Thanks

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #2,407 of 3,480

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Shanling M1 TaoBao, I had a friend who was visiting China so I had him bring one over for me.  I noticed something interesting with my unit; from all of the pictures I've seen posted in this thread and in various YouTube videos, there seems to be a plastic portion on the top of the unit.  This is absent in my unit.  

Thanks

The unit makes liberal use of plastic.  Seems rugged enough for me however.  I am using it at the gym more than anywhere else.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #2,408 of 3,480
Anyone else found the leather case so tight around the side buttons it constantly presses them and causes the player to restart and act strange?
If so how did you fix it? I've had to use mine naked (the player).
It would have been nice to have holes or a raised part of the case so you could feel the buttons without looking.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #2,409 of 3,480
  Anyone else found the leather case so tight around the side buttons it constantly presses them and causes the player to restart and act strange?
It would have been nice to have holes or a raised part of the case so you could feel the buttons without looking.

Maybe need to cut the leather with a good tool.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #2,410 of 3,480
The leather stretches out after a while, then the case works as it should. Like a pair of shoes. Mine was very snug at first, then the button parts and usbC sections eased up a bit after a while. I don't know if you have that much patience, but no real need to take a tool to it. You might just be able to outpress the button parts of the leather case with a dull pointed object from the inside of the case where the button impressions are.

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,411 of 3,480
Yeah, that looks different than mine, but mine was part of the earliest ones. Maybe they changed the design if you just got it? @Shanling is there an answer to this?
Hey guys,

Thanks

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #2,413 of 3,480
Anyonr using IT03 with M1? Do hear any hiss when no song is playing? I just received my IT03 today and I can hear an audible hiss when using my M1..

I don't have the IT03, but I do have a couple of questions -

Is your M1 set to Low Gain?
What type of files are you playing?
Do you hear the hiss with any other headphones / earphones / earbuds?

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #2,414 of 3,480
I don't have the IT03, but I do have a couple of questions -

Is your M1 set to Low Gain?
What type of files are you playing?
Do you hear the hiss with any other headphones / earphones / earbuds?

•It is on low gain
•My files are mostly flacs and some wavs
•Aside from IT03, I also have Oriveti Primacy, Monk v1, Monk + and ATH M40x. I just tried all of them again, it's only the IT03 that I can hear an audible hiss. Primacy also sport a triple driver, but I cant hear any Hiss. I'm starting to assume that I got a lemon IEM?

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #2,415 of 3,480
•It is on low gain
•My files are mostly flacs and some wavs
•Aside from IT03, I also have Oriveti Primacy, Monk v1, Monk + and ATH M40x. I just tried all of them again, it's only the IT03 that I can hear an audible hiss. Primacy also sport a triple driver, but I cant hear any Hiss. I'm starting to assume that I got a lemon IEM?

I doubt you have a lemon IEM, the source of the noise is within the M1.  THe IT03 likely is more sensitive / lower impedance than your others and that's why you hear the hiss.  As far as I can recall, you're the first person to experience hiss with the M1, but likely any other very sensitive IEM's will hiss too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back