Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Feb 27, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #2,371 of 3,480
  For now a workaround I use is to start a new shuffle session by Opening All, then choosing a random track. The order seems to be different this way. However in the long term maybe @Shanling can look into it? On FW 1.11 and 1.12 same issue. May be switching to Fiio X1 II though......

Here you go :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/zweo11wj4rxr05i/update.upt?dl=0

Thanks for that. Also thanks to @Shanling who got in touch direct and sent me a link. Enjoying the player so far. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #2,372 of 3,480
I am thinking of either buying a shanling M1 or a xdu00 x3, which is the better of the two in your opinions.  Also would these two music players be improved with a portable headphone amp?

Sorry if my questions sound silly, but I am quite new to this.  I have thousands of cds but in the past have only used phones to listen to music on the go.

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #2,373 of 3,480
I am thinking of either buying a shanling M1 or a xdu00 x3, which is the better of the two in your opinions.  Also would these two music players be improved with a portable headphone amp?

Sorry if my questions sound silly, but I am quite new to this.  I have thousands of cds but in the past have only used phones to listen to music on the go.

Whether to amp depends on your earphones or headphones usage. Do share so the knowledgeable users here can help!

For me if you're using anything power intensive the M1 is not the best option. Moving from the M1 to Fiio X1 II drives my ATRs with better spatial separation and frequency extension. The M1 has no line out so most people instead use it as digital out with a DAC/Amp combo like the iFly DSD or Chord Mojo.

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,374 of 3,480
I have just bought some qian 25 earbuds which i have heard are pretty good for a low price.  The music i mostly listen too is metal of all types if that helps.

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #2,375 of 3,480
I own both of these. Hands down you want the Shanling M1. The *only* advantage the Xduoo X3 has IMHO is two card slots. The M1 again IMHO is built better, has more function (Bluetooth, USB OTG) and has better build quality.

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #2,377 of 3,480
Feb 27, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,378 of 3,480
Feb 27, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #2,380 of 3,480
Thanks. Also are there any other players that I should consider? Like I say I'm pretty new to all this

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,381 of 3,480
I've been noticing a lot of people calling this an entry-level/mid-level in sound quality DAP, it almost seems that paying $150 US for this would be a waste of money. Maybe a [COLOR=660099]Hidizs[/COLOR] AP60 for $90 US would be a much better deal?

Here we go again with assumptions about things we don't know anything about..... or will you surprise us by actually having heard both and give some details on how you think they compare?

To me the M1 is a big enough step up from the AP60 to defend its higher price, in what ways do you find the AP60 better?

Also it shouldn't be too hard to get the M1 for around $100 if one could be bothered to try....

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #2,384 of 3,480
USB-C port is a big deal for me, I Plugged in my Samsung Hard disk via a USB-C to USB-C Cable and it worked perfectly, Played all my DSD files through the hard disk very fast with no lag whatsoever. I was Pleasantly surprised. I think herein lies the only discernible difference vs the AP60, which has a micro-usb port. I think the C port has much faster data transfer speed and versatility compared to the micro. Other than that, I like the scroll wheel, which makes it easier to toggle volume quickly while listening and to play and pause, as a whole, the interface is very intuitive. The reason I didn't go for AP60 was that having to click down the entire song list and clicking + or - to change volume seems like a chore (But the again this offers more control ability for those who want it). Also the screen, from almost every picture I've seen of the hidisz, has awful viewing angles. but I can't really confirm this since I haven't used it. The M1 does have a slightly larger screen 2.35in vs 2.0 inch whilst having much smaller overall size. But other than that they're almost identical. 

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #2,385 of 3,480
USB-C port is a big deal for me, I Plugged in my Samsung Hard disk via a USB-C to USB-C Cable and it worked perfectly, Played all my DSD files through the hard disk very fast with no lag whatsoever. I was Pleasantly surprised. I think herein lies the only discernible difference vs the AP60, which has a micro-usb port. I think the C port has much faster data transfer speed and versatility compared to the micro. Other than that, I like the scroll wheel, which makes it easier to toggle volume quickly while listening and to play and pause, as a whole, the interface is very intuitive. The reason I didn't go for AP60 was that having to click down the entire song list and clicking + or - to change volume seems like a chore (But the again this offers more control ability for those who want it). Also the screen, from almost every picture I've seen of the hidisz, has awful viewing angles. but I can't really confirm this since I haven't used it. The M1 does have a slightly larger screen 2.35in vs 2.0 inch whilst having much smaller overall size. But other than that they're almost identical. 

So I guess it is possible to plug in an external harddisk, and use the M1 as a Bluetooth transmitter to Bluetooth speakers? Or even, connect the M1 to a Bluetooth receiver connected to some other speakers to play music on the M1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back