Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 16, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #752 of 3,480

Afaik, the body is aluminum, the back is glass, i read it somewhere on this thread.

It looks like aluminum but isn't cool too the touch like metal. If it's aluminum, then it seems like there's some finish / coating that makes it feel more plastic.

Do the teeth/lips test to find it out - it's awkward but that's how to quickly tell what material it is (as long as the paint/coating is not too thick).

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #754 of 3,480
  What on earth is the teeth/lips test?

You touch the surface you want to test with your lips and gently knock on it with your teeth. A quite easy and reliable test to see whether it's metal or not. It sounds weird but works (I do it regularly and did it recently to test the surface of a keyboard and the Hidizs AP60).

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #755 of 3,480

You touch the surface you want to test with your lips and gently knock on it with your teeth. A quite easy and reliable test to see whether it's metal or not. It sounds weird but works (I do it regularly and did it recently to test the surface of a keyboard and the Hidizs AP60).

Been scratching the surface of M1 and other materials with my teeth LOL. Guess its aluminum :) 

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #758 of 3,480
I had another crack at this, and this still doesn't make a lot of sense to me..

Assuming I renamed all my audio files with the format "Artist_Album_Track_Title.mp3/wav/flac" then if I select "Open All" in "My Music" then I would see all the files in alphabetical order but with the Artist Name in front which still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.. so if I want to listen to a song "Zebra" by "The Generics" I would need to scroll to "T" instead of "Z".

Am I the only one who finds not having a whole list of song titles instead of full file names not very logical? 

Quote:
Organize your files into a hierarchy like...

A-C / Artist / Year - Album / Track # - Song Name

I think you'll find you have to scroll much less!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back