Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Aug 21, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #123 of 3,480
What are the colours offered?

LOL - just read the 1st post!
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #127 of 3,480
Huh, I'm definitely interested with BT aptX.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #131 of 3,480

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #135 of 3,480
  I was quite impressed with the (is it) M5 player he had ready to buy for the money with show discount  then as I thought we was finished he showed me the cute little M1 and thought that looked cool, well built like their other players, quite light in the hand, cool volume wheel that works and yes, it is touch screen which is quite accurate and responsive which was no problem for my "Big Ben" hands and responded to the target I wanted to press.  

The sound direct to my JH16Pros was a shock.. at how good it sounded and had lots of power to really drive them properly, I know the JH16 is a easy to drive iem but it is one that has plenty of headroom and benefits from an amp that has plenty of juice and for something so small it did have me perplexed how they fitted and actually paid as much detail to amping it as well as the dac chip part of it.  

Only had a brief 5 minutes with it but straight of the bat was a sound I liked and was quite acceptable for the money and sounded evenly balanced with a polite sound, similar to the M5 in many respects but yet different in some areas. Good vocals with a easy to pick out treble section without been to shouty and seemed to have a good response to low notes also.  

I personally would look at getting this to hook up line out to the Hugo or possibly a Mojo later on as it is light and portable with a good responsive touch screen for the size (not to forget it has the all important essential  physical buttons either side) and packs up to 200gb on a sd storage card which ain't half bad and for might be £100 - £200 will be worth a punt I think even though I am looking at a new flagship standalone dap.  

Please see above response to Twister & HiFiChris ; )

Obviously if using as a transport like I probably get it for it is not so relevant how the player sounds it self but was still impressed giving it's possible pricing and size and build quality and design. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/817115/canjam-london-2016-impressions-thread-august-13-14-2016/300#post_12810175

Just copied that from the canjam thread.

Biggest welcome surprise for me is that it uses a touchscreen! I guess that answers any speculation on how it's operated with the wheel and side buttons as someone did think that perhaps without the touchscreen, the power button acted as a "enter" button and with a long press would act as a power button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back