Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Jan 20, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,028 of 3,480
Jan 21, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #2,033 of 3,480
The cable is on par with the TTVJ cable that runs $20 for connecting a Mojo to micro usb, although that does include some phenomenal service.

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #2,037 of 3,480
Hi guys! I've bought my M1 yesterday and I am waiting for it to arrive!
But in the mean time I have some questions:
 - My phone is a Microsoft Lumia 950 and I want to stream Spotify with it. Do you if I have to activate Apt-X on my phone or if I need a third-party app or something?
 - Can I charge it with my 3A phone charger?
 - Where do you buy your memory cards in Europe? Amazon?
 - Do you recommend upgrading to the latest firmware? How easy is it to upgrade?

Jan 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #2,038 of 3,480
 - My phone is a Microsoft Lumia 950 and I want to stream Spotify with it. Do you if I have to activate Apt-X on my phone or if I need a third-party app or something?

I can answer two of your questions:
1.) NOTE: The M1 does NOT come with a USB cable.  You will need to buy a cable with a USB-C end for the M1, and whichever connector will mate with your Charger / PC at the other end.  Once you've got a cable, then - yes, the M1 will charge from any standard USB Charger or PC port.
2.) Upgrading the Firmware is very easy (once it's downloaded from their fairly slow servers - http://www.shanling.com/Product/Detail?id=fe144c3b8eca414f9b1e0cdf0a135b38 )  You just unzip the archive, and copy the update.upt file to the root folder of the memory card.  Then go into System Settings and select System Update.

Hope this helps!

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,039 of 3,480

1 . Probably not a setting that can be changed will work OOB most likely
2. Yes and 5v charger will do it will only draw 2A for your 3A charger (it's okay)
3. Microcenter (or Amazon price drops, or Best Buy price match to Amazon) I would not by from 3rd party Amazon seller unless you know they are authorized camera shop or something.
4. Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back