Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Dec 13, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #1,727 of 3,480
  Hey guys, 

I purchased the M1 about a month ago on AliExpress, as I patiently wait for its arrival I'd like to prepare the new 200GB sd card for use.

I'd like to know the appropriate file system format, ie NTFS, exFAT, etc.  

Also, would I be able to format the card on my pc and directly plug and play on the M1?

Thanks

I'm still waiting for mine too and it's been more than a month. Can't believe it's that long!!! I never wait that much for something!!!

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #1,729 of 3,480
Now you're making me sound like my man @drbluenewmexico
wink_face.gif

hey, i AM drbluenewmexico and i tell you that the transcendental meditation secret will help
with all audio issues that can be resolved with SILENCE......@nmatheis knows this...
but is silent.....

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #1,731 of 3,480
Naturalness, blackness

After much more listening time and by memory, I think the AKM AK4375 sounds more natural than the SABRE 9018, and with better separation, so yes, not a big surprise that the M1 can sound better than the V10. Just trying to hear a user opinion before getting one. I know how you loved the V10. As much as I did before listening to the Mojo. It's still top, anyways for a phone. It's just that the IDOL4/POP4S with the AKM DAC seems to sound better. Velvet Sound technology in these DACs seems to be a powerful thing too.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #1,732 of 3,480
Naturalness, blackness

After much more listening time and by memory, I think the AKM AK4375 sounds more natural than the SABRE 9018, and with better separation, so yes, not a big surprise that the M1 can sound better than the V10. Just trying to hear a user opinion before getting one. I know how you loved the V10. As much as I did before listening to the Mojo. It's still top, anyways for a phone. It's just that the IDOL4/POP4S with the AKM DAC seems to sound better. Velvet Sound technology in these DACs seems to be a powerful thing too.
also the zte axon has akm4490, and I love the akm sound :grinning:

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #1,734 of 3,480
  So guys where can we buy it right now from Europe if we want to avoid Aliexpress?
Have the prices changed at all the last couple of months?

Hi,

you can buy from
https://zococity.es/
http://www.audiophonics.fr/

I already used both sites to buy several stuff namely the M1 and never had any problem with them;

Thanks

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,736 of 3,480
So guys where can we buy it right now from Europe if we want to avoid Aliexpress?
Have the prices changed at all the last couple of months?

Amazon UK is selling it at the moment too, through market place but fulfilled by them. I bought one for my girlfriend it should arrive tomorrow. Price is higher than from Spain and France at £140 but there's no shipping charge in the U.K. and they ship immediately. However, I don't know how long it will last.

Cheers,

Pierre

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #1,737 of 3,480

I haven't been following the thread lately as I was on holiday with my M1 (yay!). Good to know the M1 doesn't lose out to the V10. I'm to busy to write a review for this gem but I think it has a pretty good sound output through my KZ ZS3, though I think the bass lacks a little detail either due to the DAP or the ZS3.

@Shanling could you guys add a delete option to the long press monu? When at the now playing screen, long pressing the dial should have a delete track function in addition to the other options, so that tidying up music library can be done on the go (like my Fiio M3). Thanks!

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #1,739 of 3,480
  Wow.  Never experienced this before.  Ordered the unit on 11/11; still "in transit".  Supposedly in Chicago about 5 days ago; but no sign of the units yet.

Vendor is Aoshida-HIFI Audio Store on AliExpress. 

Anybody have a similar experience?

I also ordered on 11.11, from the seller "**** Earphones Store" on AliExpress.  The most recent update is "Despatched to overseas (Country code: CA)".  It has been stuck in that status for nearly a month now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back