Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Nov 27, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #1,576 of 3,480
I actually have another question about Bluetooth in general. Will the source not play as much of a part in influencing the sound of Bluetooth earphones as oppose to wired ones? And will playing lossless files be pointless for Bluetooth earphones?

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #1,577 of 3,480
I actually have another question about Bluetooth in general. Will the source not play as much of a part in influencing the sound of Bluetooth earphones as oppose to wired ones? And will playing lossless files be pointless for Bluetooth earphones?

Bluetooth can stream at least 16/44, so redbook is covered. I'm not sure about hi-res files, though. Maybe someone more educated on Bluetooth can chime in...

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #1,579 of 3,480

Bluetooth can stream at least 16/44, so redbook is covered. I'm not sure about hi-res files, though. Maybe someone more educated on Bluetooth can chime in...

There are already some products available with Bluetooth aptX HD ( https://www.aptx.com/aptx-hd - "Supports 48kHz / 24bit LPCM audio data" ), but I believe it requires a new chip in the device, rather than just a Software/Firmware CODEC update to current devices.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #1,581 of 3,480
Even so, I read that the audio gets compressed or does that depend on the type of Bluetooth?

The term "compress" really gets a bad rep around here. But I am willing to bet most people fear the wrong kind of compression when it comes to audio.

The bad "compression" happens when the track is mastered. The only compression as far as I know with Bluetooth is transmission of the data packets to make thing flow smoothly. Otherwise the receiving end should be able to decode the data "as-is".

If there is any impact wireless audio can bring to experience is the stutter or occasional interruptions when the signal is weak or blocked for different reason.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #1,583 of 3,480
Heatherly: My man RedJohn456 is happy rocking HD600 straight out of the diminutive M1. If M1 can drive HD600, it'll drive BeoPlay H6 without breaking a sweat!

peter123: OK, I'm seriously tempted by thebit #11. I forget if you've heard thebit Opus #1 or Mojo. If so, could you either reply here (or PM me) with your thoughts on whether there's a house sound #11 shares with Opus #1 and whether #11 would be a good complement to Mojo? Thanks!

Hey Nik, I actually have the Opus #1 as well and had the Mojo for some weeks but it was before getting the #11. Imo the Mojo and the #1 (for my preference I'd actually put the #1 above the Mojo) is probably where you need to go to start getting a relevant upgrade to the #11. I find them both to be more refined but the ultra portable design of the #11 is well worth the trade off in sq to me. That being said the sq of the #11 is still good enough that I often use it at home as well although I've got the Opus #1, Geek Out V2+ and several other great units around.

I know Hawaiibadboy also has (and enjoy) the #11 and iirc he also has the Mojo......

I hope this helps :wink:

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,585 of 3,480
Mine was just arrived. And i love the sound so much.
But i have one problem. Why the buttons disfunction when the screen is off?
Is there any setting to fix it?
Because it's so annoying for me if i must always press on/off button to turn on the screen so i can change the song.

Any help?

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #1,586 of 3,480
Mine was just arrived. And i love the sound so much.
But i have one problem. Why the buttons disfunction when the screen is off?
Is there any setting to fix it?
Because it's so annoying for me if i must always press on/off button to turn on the screen so i can change the song.

Any help?

It's in the settings - system settings / screen locked operation ! :sunglasses::thumbsup:

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,587 of 3,480
I've updated to 1.11. Yes, it does resolve the issue about shutting down while connected to a DAC!!

I did lose most of my presets/preferences, but not all. Unfortunately, just after I reset it back and started playing a song, the M1 crashed. When it restarted, it "un-did" my changes. Changed everything again and immediately shut down the unit. All is good now!!

This really is an amazing piece of audio tech!!

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #1,589 of 3,480
Sorry for the new post, but I'm having the same issues I wrote in the past. The Shanling doesn't resume playing after shutdown. In 1.10 firmware I return to 1.00 and all were ok again. But now I update to 1.11 and the problem returns. I tried to downgrade again to 1.00, but it refused, giving me an error. Don't know what can I do. Thanks for your time.

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #1,590 of 3,480
  Sorry for the new post, but I'm having the same issues I wrote in the past. The Shanling doesn't resume playing after shutdown. In 1.10 firmware I return to 1.00 and all were ok again. But now I update to 1.11 and the problem returns. I tried to downgrade again to 1.00, but it refused, giving me an error. Don't know what can I do. Thanks for your time.

Go to Play Settings --> Resume Mode --> (Choose) Track or Location

Users who are viewing this thread

Back