Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 17, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #5,469 of 6,413
Shanling, thanks for firmware 3.1. Much appreciated. Personally I was hoping for GAPLESS play to work, but I guess I have to keep hoping.

General Question: Has anyone experienced problems with UPDATE MUSIC? Lately, my M0 stops updating randomly before reaching the end.
Sometimes after 10700 songs, sometimes after 7 songs, and sometimes it updates correctly. What can cause this?

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #5,470 of 6,413
Shanling, thanks for firmware 3.1. Much appreciated. Personally I was hoping for GAPLESS play to work, but I guess I have to keep hoping.

General Question: Has anyone experienced problems with UPDATE MUSIC? Lately, my M0 stops updating randomly before reaching the end.
Sometimes after 10700 songs, sometimes after 7 songs, and sometimes it updates correctly. What can cause this?

I find that touching the screen or hitting any buttons interrupts the process.

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #5,471 of 6,413
The only noteable change is that you can search by Album Artist now.
I never use it, but it is handy for people who have a lot of mixed compilation albums (with different artists on them).
Wait, I thought it was some alternative non official firmware with other functions. If that's still the official one I'm using it since it was released and I cleaned my collection so that album with mixed artists and single artist ones would appear correctly. Pretty happy with this addiction though.

There's an error in the eq menu as already mentioned. Instead of eq it says "gapless" maybe a sign they are working on it? I hope so :)

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #5,473 of 6,413

It might just be my imagination, but gapless on AAC files seems better with 3.1 than it did with 3.0. Still not perfect, but the gaps seem to be less noticeable to the extent that when listening to a live album on it today, I only noticed the changes between about half the tracks, and those I did notice seemed to be less audible than they were before. As I said, might just be my imagination...

Aug 18, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #5,474 of 6,413
It might just be my imagination, but gapless on AAC files seems better with 3.1 than it did with 3.0. Still not perfect, but the gaps seem to be less noticeable to the extent that when listening to a live album on it today, I only noticed the changes between about half the tracks, and those I did notice seemed to be less audible than they were before. As I said, might just be my imagination...

Nothing changed for mp3 for sure. No mention in changelog so I thing nothing for aac too... Maybe

Aug 18, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #5,475 of 6,413
Has anyone been able to get this working with the Audeze iSine or LCD-i4 Cypher Cables using the Anker Lightning to USB-C adapter? It works with all the other Android, Windows, OSX, and IOS devices that have a USB-C port. However, it does not work with the Shanling M0. It's disappointing since the M0 plus the LCD-i4 with Cypher might be the ultimate portable combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back