Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 28, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #2,839 of 6,413
Pretty much.
It's not much use to me if I can't use playlists. Given the tiny player is pretty much prohibitive of building a playlist inside it.

Same for me. I have a large lossless library so I can only load a subset of what I have at any given time. The easiest way for me to manage that is through playlists. I use a tool to export my playlists and it also creates a copy of all the files with the correct file path so I literally just do one click and I'm done. I'll wait a firmware update or 2 before giving up though. I also put the video sync problems in the same priority.

Aug 28, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,842 of 6,413
I don’t use playlists at all on all my DAPs. Maybe because I started with LPs and reel-to-reel tapes. Prepare the medium, physically put in on, sit down, listen. Then repeat.

Singles (45s) were even more work :)

Aug 28, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #2,843 of 6,413
I don’t use playlists at all on all my DAPs. Maybe because I started with LPs and reel-to-reel tapes. Prepare the medium, physically put in on, sit down, listen. Then repeat.

Everyone has a different use case. While I grew up with LPs and my father's old reel-to-reel tapes, over time I grew accustomed to the "mix tape" culture. With that in mind, being able to generate my own playlists and load them onto a portable player is a lot more convenient than the old method of pausing a cassette deck and waiting until the song you wanted on the LP was just about to start. :)

And those kids need to get off my lawn.

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #2,844 of 6,413
Just ordered a red M0 off eBay - for all who don't know, they are having a site wide 15% off today until 10PM (promo code: PREGAME15) .. picked it up for $85 shipped :wink: .. take advantage of this, or anything else folks!
Got IE80s and CA lyra 2s coming in after that, going to be a nice winter of listening.

Aug 29, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #2,847 of 6,413
Seems most important external playlists and replay gain for most of the people here including me .

Umm no, there is a vocal minority going REPLAYGAIN! REPLAYGAIN!

The rest of us want other things, and in my case, and it seems in bigger numbers if post numbers are anything to go by, want podcast/audiobook/resume support.

Go ahead, search this thread -

podcast - 34 posts
resume - 22 posts
replaygain - 28 posts
audiobook - 47 posts
m3u - 13 posts
playlist is 60 posts - but that's not just people requesting that feature, also people talking about other things or about the internal playlists.

Anyway out of 190 pages, that's not exactly 'most people' is it?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #2,848 of 6,413

Same here dont use playlist function.

Tends to end up like "Elevator music"

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,849 of 6,413
Umm no, there is a vocal minority going REPLAYGAIN! REPLAYGAIN!

The rest of us want other things, and in my case, and it seems in bigger numbers if post numbers are anything to go by, want podcast/audiobook/resume support.

Go ahead, search this thread -

podcast - 34 posts
resume - 22 posts
replaygain - 28 posts
audiobook - 47 posts
m3u - 13 posts
playlist is 60 posts - but that's not just people requesting that feature, also people talking about other things or about the internal playlists.

Anyway out of 190 pages, that's not exactly 'most people' is it?

what he said.
I asked for bookmarking for podcasts etc on about page 5 (might have been page 20 or even 50 for all that I know).
The only reason I'm not banging on about it every day is because @Shanling said that it was on the todo list and pestering wouldn't help.
No need to shout.
If I get bookmarking this dap can be my only and truest friend.
I don't want to wind the guy up while he is helpful and omnipresent.

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #2,850 of 6,413
So apparently Fiio contacted audiobook about adding support to their new M3K ultra cheap DAP and were told audiobook won't grant a license to any non-android devices. If this is true then we aren't likely to see audiobook support on the M0 at any point. Time to remove audiobook support from the M0 wish list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back