Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 1, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #946 of 6,418
It wasn't 4 seconds, it was point 4 seconds, like a third of a second.
It was very distracting for videos, and unusable for games.
I think bluetooth might have less lag.

@Shanling , Is this an issue with all daps in usb dac mode?
For example, if I got the Shanling m3 instead, and put it in usb dac mode, would it be out of sync as well?
What about something like a Dragonfly Red? Is it because of USB?
haha sorry I jump the gun. 4 milliseconds is acceptable for me as m0 is a DAP first and usb dac second. IIRC my other usb dac also have somewhat lag in sync. Not really noticeable. Perhaps in games it's different issue then.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #948 of 6,418
How does the M0 handle .cue sheets in folder browsing? Do the music file and the .cue file need to have the same names? Do individual tracks show? Can you skip tracks? Also, what if there are more than one .cue file in the folder?

Still waiting for answer on this... My collection includes some 500+ CD rips in EAC that are created as single image file + .cue sheet.

If the M0 doesn't handle this properly it will be major deal breaker for me

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #949 of 6,418
Frankie, you're underestimating how awesome your own device is :) According to the spec sheet, that chip delivers: "...2.0Vrms output, allowing the ES9218P to drive the most demanding headsets and provide a true line-level output to match professional audio equipment."

More here:

M0 DAC: http://www.esstech.com/index.php?cID=422

I read that spec too, but considering output power of 80mW @ 32ohm load, a rough calculation (derived from P = V^2 / R) will mean 1.6V. Don't want to speculate, sometimes max output will depend on the core voltage of IC, maybe it's reduced to save battery life? But doesn't matter, it's still an impressive spec for such a tiny device. I took it to work today, and usually have a small IEM case and another bigger DAP case to bring with me, while here I have both, a pair of iems and a dap in the same case. Totally crazy.

M0-in_a_case.jpg

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #950 of 6,418
haha sorry I jump the gun. 4 milliseconds is acceptable for me as m0 is a DAP first and usb dac second. IIRC my other usb dac also have somewhat lag in sync. Not really noticeable. Perhaps in games it's different issue then.
0.4 seconds = 400 ms not 4 ms
1000 ms = 1 s

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #951 of 6,418
I took it to work today, and usually have a small IEM case and another bigger DAP case to bring with me, while here I have both, a pair of iems and a dap in the same case. Totally crazy.

Agreed! I thought using the M1 and my CHI-Fi IEMs was convenient... with the M0 I almost don't need a case. This is versus carrying my AP200 and the IEMs which is a brick compared to the M1/M0, lol. Personally I like the sound quality out of the M0 better than my AP200 but that might be because the M0 is just new and shiny. lol

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #952 of 6,418
Just got my titanium M0 this morning and have been messing around with it a little. So far, initial impressions are positive.
UI: Seem pretty snappy and once you familiarize yourself with the layout, it works well. You just have to be deliberate and not too quick with successive swiping or the UI will hang.
Sound Quality: Impressive for something of this size. I've tried several FLAC files from 16/44 to 24/192 and various DSF and DFF files and it hasn't choked yet.
Bluetooth: I have paired the PSB M4U 8 and NAD VISO HP 70 headphones to it via AptX and the B&W PX headphones via LDAC HD and all maintained a solid connection with excellent sound quality. These pairings sounded subjectively better than what I was getting using my iPhone 6S+ and the AAC codec with each of these cans.

I'll spend some time messing around with the USB connection to an external DAC this weekend, but up to this point, color me impressed!
Oh, for what it's worth, I bought it through MusicTeck, here in the States, via Amazon.

Jun 1, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #955 of 6,418
DSC00430~01.jpg
yeah Im loving using this little thing so far, not really any problems either really. Yeah I thought it would be Al slippery cause it's metal but actually it's pretty grippy for how small it is, having small hands also helps with how small it is lol.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #956 of 6,418
Unless everyone has a different interpretation of the word ''hike"... I'd hardly Call a rise from 99 to 109 a hike.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #957 of 6,418
Unless everyone has a different interpretation of the word ''hike"... I'd hardly Call a rise from 99 to 109 a hike.

I can't even tell if you mean that the amount is too little or too high to be called a hike.
On one side, it's just $10 extra, which I can easily spend on snacks in a week without even realizing it.
On the other side, it's 10% more than the original price.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #958 of 6,418
I guess I have been fortunate that my piece has been behaving greatly. No slips or UI issues. The sound from this thing is just awesome. This is most definitely my new EDC. I was using the x3iii but this is like a quarter of it. So far, I am really impressed.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #959 of 6,418
Ordered my Purple MO tonight from MusicTeck. Took a little while to figure out how to add the purple case. Finally got it. Looking forward to receiving and listening to this dap.

One of the reasons I ordered was Shanling has been so helpful posting in these threads. I appreciate their customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back