Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 5, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,036 of 6,413
Now in stock at AMP3 and if you're quick, 'HELLOSHANLING' will get you 10% off :)

That's what I was waiting for.
Now ordered.
AMP3 are excellent.
Especially now that p&p is included.
They only have black and titanium so I got the last one.
I would have liked a colour but a patriotic seasider needs a Tangerine one and for some reason that colour isn't available.
Shame on you Shanling.

I'll probably get a clip case off aliexpress when they become available.

Chas

Jun 5, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #1,037 of 6,413
That's what I was waiting for.
Now ordered.
AMP3 are excellent.
Especially now that p&p is included.
They only have black and titanium so I got the last one.
I would have liked a colour but a patriotic seasider needs a Tangerine one and for some reason that colour isn't available.
Shame on you Shanling.

I'll probably get a clip case off aliexpress when they become available.

Chas

It's been posted already.
I only ordered it about 3 hours ago.
looking forward to playing with it.

Now Shanling - bookmarks please.
If we get those it will be the only player I need.
I'm still in mourning for my beloved Cowon D2.
These players are all pretty much great bits of kit but it is the software that lets them down.

Chas

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #1,038 of 6,413
We are aware of the stopping problem and it's sorted out on next firmware.
With DSD output over USB, DSD64 works fine for me.
CPU of M0 is little bit slow for DSD128, that's why we limited it just for D2P mode for now. Unfortunately, when you add USB out, the DSD128 is simply too much for M0 to handle.

Already try DSD64 (DOP) with Chord Hugo + OTG cable. Still stuttering. Try with D2P mode also. I can hear clicking noise in a song.
So, is M0 not good for DSD + USB DAC?

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #1,039 of 6,413
Although I can handle perfectly (standard hands) I don't get the point of the nano size, for me M1 size would have been better, and I miss buttons to skip tracks, specially when using outdoors.

I think the exact opposite. I love the small size and have been waiting for a device like this ever since Apple threw in the towel with audio a couple of years after the 6th gen Nano. In fact, I'd asked Frankie about this roughly a week before the M0 was announced. My only beef with the size would be the thickness. I'd prefer something the thickness of the 6th gen Nano. Frankie said they'd need to re-work the display to reduce the thickness, but then (in theory) you could build in a clip and have something no thicker than the current M0. If I need something bigger and bulkier, I have my V30 or zillions of other DAPs to choose from. The key unique feature of the M0 is being a tiny, lightweight DAP for work-outs or any other situation where you don't want the bulk or weight. Shanling got this pretty much perfect and have almost no competition in this area.

As for the buttons, I found them too easy to press by accident on the M1. But I hope Shanling can eventually add a customizable triple/quadruple tap function to the button wheel for track forward/backward.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,041 of 6,413
I cannot tell any discernible differences between the FW v.1.0 & v.1.5, in regards to the touch screen refresh speeds.
It is still very glitchy, especially when toggling through the homepage; some streaks of an icon misaligns and is slower than the rest.

Are we going to receive another update soon with improvements to this?

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #1,042 of 6,413
Had mine { black} for a few days now.....thanks to hifiheadphones here in uk for excellent next day delivery!
Sound is amazing - especially considering size and price. Am slowly getting used to navigating around the touchscreen. Was tending to "overshoot" on the main options screen when scrolling left and right. { FW 1.5} but now realised just a slight thumb touch to L/R does it. Still having difficulty getting the 2nd and 3rd pages of now playing screens to appear. Does the left scroll work best in one particular place on the screen - because lower down there is the complication of moving back in the track playing instead of going back a screen?
My 2 minor negatives were firstly changing the language from chinese to english { having to guess/trial and error that I needed setting option no. 14 of 18. Secondly I havent been able to connect via ldac to 2 sony phones { MDR 1ABT and 800BT} My BLU100 and 200 connected fine using aptx and i am very happy with the sound with those. Other wired phones are good too.

Overall an excellent player. I am a happy bunny!!!

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #1,044 of 6,413
Am I correct in thinking that if I send Tidal offline files to the M0 from my iPhone, they will be sent by SBC with a drop in SQ?

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,046 of 6,413
Jun 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #1,047 of 6,413
20180605_175636.jpg Just wanted to share

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #1,048 of 6,413
Hi, after 2 weeks, my m0 can't be started up. It just display the shanling logo and right back off. My seller said it's due to corrupted framework (doh!) As I can access the memory card by plugging it into my pc. Is there tool to flash the firmware?

Jun 5, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #1,049 of 6,413
Hi, after 2 weeks, my m0 can't be started up. It just display the shanling logo and right back off. My seller said it's due to corrupted framework (doh!) As I can access the memory card by plugging it into my pc. Is there tool to flash the firmware?
mine did this too, i just had to take out the sd card and hit the reset button with long press, and only put the sd back in when its formatted as FAT32 and the M0 already on, you can see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back