Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jan 16, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #4,441 of 6,418
2.3 have characters issues ( Spanish ) and a worse battery duration for me.

Thanks for report.

Any links on how to order or get this? My search turned up nothing.

Armband are just starting to ship to distributors

Does the line out mode bypass the amp section or does it just set a certain volume level?

Since chip used in M0 is all in one solution, it doesn't really have DAC and AMP part as other DAPs. It can't bypass the amp section.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 17, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #4,444 of 6,418
Yeah you have to be careful with those Appleonians, they've been brainwashed so long by Steve Jobs that you'll have to pry their iphones from their cold dead hands. Even after they drop them and crack the heck out of them they still won't give them up. I can't remember the last time I saw someone with an iphone that didn't have at least one crack. :L3000:
Oh dear what a typical statement from a hater. All phones crack when you drop them its a physical property of glass yes even a Samsung! This is a Shanling M0 forum not a I hate Apple forum so please respect that and keep your misguided hatred for an apple or Samsung or whatever forum please.

Jan 17, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #4,445 of 6,418
Oh dear what a typical statement from a hater. All phones crack when you drop them its a physical property of glass yes even a Samsung! This is a Shanling M0 forum not a I hate Apple forum so please respect that and keep your misguided hatred for an apple or Samsung or whatever forum please.

its only misguided if it isn't true!! I have dropped my 3 year old Samsung smartphone many times and nary a scratch. My niece and two nephews have Apple iphones and they all got a crack in the screen and one got a crack in the glass back after just one short drop each. Sorry Apple is the only manufacturer on my list!

Jan 17, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #4,446 of 6,418
its only misguided if it isn't true!! I have dropped my 3 year old Samsung smartphone many times and nary a scratch. My niece and two nephews have Apple iphones and they all got a crack in the screen and one got a crack in the glass back after just one short drop each. Sorry Apple is the only manufacturer on my list!
Thats because it isn't true, I have dropped my iPhones in the past and have yet to suffer a cracked screen so explain that away. I feel its you that have been brainwashed against Apple. And yes I can speak from experience because I have owned both android and apple phones. As I said before this is not the correct forum for this debate so I will say no more.

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #4,448 of 6,418
@Shanling it seems I'll need some more help. If you recall, a few weeks ago my first M0 player stopped communicating with external DAC's out of nowhere (at one point it just said "Audio Disconnected" while successfully playing, and since then it no longer connects to any DACs). I've been using my second M0 player for the last two weeks and now it won't connect to any DAC either. The events leading up to the issue are different on the second M0 though. What happened this time is that I connected the M0 to my Fiio E17K and, in my mistake, I forgot that the E17 had USB charge set to "ON". When the M0 was connected the E17 attempted to charge from the M0, the M0 battery indicator immediately went red, and then the M0 said "Audio Disconnected". Now the M0 no longer connects to any DAC. Just like my first unit, everything works as expected except the external DAC feature. I've attempted all the normal troubleshooting (factory reset, pin reset, removed card, etc...).

Could you ask the developers again as to if there is any way for this to be a software issue, where the external DAC feature gets stuck? Both of my M0's are past the return period, so I'm realllly hoping that some future firmware change could fix my units.

@Shanling , just wanted to confirm that this issue is on someones radar to look into. Can you just let me know if you have relayed the issue to the developers? I'm sure there's no immediate fix, but I just want to make sure the issue is reviewed at some point since i now have two bad units with the same issue. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #4,449 of 6,418
Thats because it isn't true, I have dropped my iPhones in the past and have yet to suffer a cracked screen so explain that away. I feel its you that have been brainwashed against Apple. And yes I can speak from experience because I have owned both android and apple phones. As I said before this is not the correct forum for this debate so I will say no more.

So your calling me a liar?

I can only go by my personal experience and I have seen the damaged iphones to prove it. I was actually with my niece when she dropped her iphone about 1.5 feet onto the kitchen floor. It now has about a 1.5" crack in the middle of the screen. That is all the proof I need and no one will ever convince me to way overpay for an iphone. Especially, since it doesn't support AptX or LDAC bluetooth. Whats the point in getting rid of the headphone jack if you won't support high quality bluetooth? Dumb ass move, Enough said!!

Speak for yourself and not others, and if it isn't the correct forum then why did you respond to my post?

Lets agree to disagree and move on!!

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #4,450 of 6,418
Does the line out mode bypass the amp section or does it just set a certain volume level?

The line out simply sets the volume to maximum. I think I read in a review that just turning the volume to 100 would be the same thing using HO

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #4,451 of 6,418
Ok now I'm royally confused. I was messing about with my various players and phones and my Mojo, just now, comparing tracks with different IEM's and sources and also with my T1 Beyerdynamics which are 600ohm full sized cans. Just for fun, I plugged my T1's into the M0 and to my great surprise they sounded authoritative and voluminous. Certainly not what I was expecting. Entirely listenable. Compared to the Mojo+T1's, yes that combo sounds a bit more resolving and less of a strain in the treble, and more control and weight in the bass, but it's really not a shabby listen with the M0+T1. Shockingly good actually.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #4,453 of 6,418
Ok now I'm royally confused. I was messing about with my various players and phones and my Mojo, just now, comparing tracks with different IEM's and sources and also with my T1 Beyerdynamics which are 600ohm full sized cans. Just for fun, I plugged my T1's into the M0 and to my great surprise they sounded authoritative and voluminous. Certainly not what I was expecting. Entirely listenable. Compared to the Mojo+T1's, yes that combo sounds a bit more resolving and less of a strain in the treble, and more control and weight in the bass, but it's really not a shabby listen with the M0+T1. Shockingly good actually.

The M0 is, in my view, one of those audiophile miracles. How a $109 machine can sound so darned good is a pleasant mystery. I have a Shanling USB cable for connection to a Mojo because I really thought that a Mojo was in my future. But then I started grooving on my two current Shanlings and my Cayin and the Mojo idea just sort of sailed away. And yes I have heard the Mojo and yes its magical but then again so are my current units and there is something to be said for integrated and small devices.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #4,454 of 6,418
@Shanling Is there any way to be contacted when a new firmware for the M0 is released? Just so I don't have to monitor the thread all the time.
Me too. Only here for official updates really, and some of the anal pedantry gets my goat. Really, if it's not M0, take it outside (preferably via a door without stairs on the 34th floor)

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #4,455 of 6,418
My IPhone didn’t crack, but then again I never dropped it :wink: That’s the secret see, either don’t drop it or get a thick case.

I did however drop my M0 and it remained unscathed. Yippie!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back