Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Sep 1, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #2,926 of 6,413
Audiobox USB. If the fault did lie with the ADC, then shouldn't we be seeing the same result for all devices that are tested on it? None of the other players showed this...so it's quite weird. If it's not the M0, then I have no idea what else it could be
yep, other players would show the same bump. this is weird indeed

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #2,931 of 6,413
Just got the official clip case in the mail. I already had the leather case. Both are very nice and have that 'premium' feel :)

clipcasefod1w.jpg

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #2,932 of 6,413
Yes, I agree totally (have been using the leather case up to now, too).

Mine arrived from China today, in its own cute little presentation box !!

It’s a sleek little protection-case, but I think it could slip off a belt too easily (as in the clip part probably needs to grip more strongly).

Having read of other’s experiences on here (lost units, etc), I’m not sure I’ll be using it. Shame !!

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #2,933 of 6,413
That was said with heavy sarcasm and in jest :) l love the M0’s sound!

Yeah I got it and I agree 100%, I dealt with customers for years who would come in to buy gear loaded with every chart and graph they could get. Bottom line if you like how it sounds why ruin it by worrying about what some graphs shows. Nothing worse then loving something and then someone comes along trying to tell you what you love is BS... Ignore the graphs and just enjoy the sound.

Sep 2, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #2,935 of 6,413
So @Shanling really? Is his unit is defective or can you provide us your official FR graph?

Let's not jump the gun quite yet. I suppose there is, somehow, a chance that something funky *might* be going on with my Audiobox, so let me see if I can get another demo unit and see if it gives me the same result

Sep 2, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #2,936 of 6,413
So I found a little walkaround for those like me who has issues while scrolling through songs but inadvertently selecting them instead. Just scroll up and down on the green format label on the farthest left of the screen. I realized that scrolling on that exact space doesn’t trigger selection. A very simple procedure, but it helped me tremendously in enjoying the player even more. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #2,937 of 6,413
So @Shanling really? Is his unit is defective or can you provide us your official FR graph?
i don't own a M0. but it would be really strange that unloaded FR. 99% of actual DAPs are ruler flat, only small differences in highs roll-off (and in minor cases, bass roll-off). i bet @TheoS53 will find the issue, rather from his measure rig, or from his M0 unit. so you can be safe with regular M0 probably, @artnoi

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #2,938 of 6,413
Yeah I got it and I agree 100%, I dealt with customers for years who would come in to buy gear loaded with every chart and graph they could get. Bottom line if you like how it sounds why ruin it by worrying about what some graphs shows. Nothing worse then loving something and then someone comes along trying to tell you what you love is BS... Ignore the graphs and just enjoy the sound.

Yes - mine sounds fine. I've come across people freaking out at Spek (a Spectrograph app) graphs who don't know what they are looking at.

For instance 'why is that track shelved at 16khz! It must be crap!' (vinyl rip, of course it's shelved? Many classics are similarly shelved) or 'this acapella/piano track doesn't have the full range'. (!!! it wouldn't, cos it's a frequency graph and if the source doesn't have those frequencies, they won't show - unless it's noisy as feck). Err....

Goes to show you, a little information and lack of knowledge can be dangerous.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #2,939 of 6,413
i don't own a M0. but it would be really strange that unloaded FR. 99% of actual DAPs are ruler flat, only small differences in highs roll-off (and in minor cases, bass roll-off). i bet @TheoS53 will find the issue, rather from his measure rig, or from his M0 unit. so you can be safe with regular M0 probably, @artnoi

OK, so update...got a 2nd review unit, and I'm getting the same measurements. So, either both units are funky, or my Audiobox is shot. Although, if it is the Audiobox, then I have no idea why other DAPs measured fine...but then again, it has given me some weird readings in the past too...so I'm gonna have to find a different sound card to double check this

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,940 of 6,413
OK, so update...got a 2nd review unit, and I'm getting the same measurements. So, either both units are funky, or my Audiobox is shot. Although, if it is the Audiobox, then I have no idea why other DAPs measured fine...but then again, it has given me some weird readings in the past too...so I'm gonna have to find a different sound card to double check this
Just have someone else (or in this case, @Shanling) provide further measurements..
I quickly double checked mine (with music using ears, which I know is the worst method) this morning as soon as I knew about the issue before I left home with other sources with Etymotic ER4SR and it appeared to be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back