Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #2,311 of 6,413
B90EBCD6-0447-4E13-8102-F7A20BE0ED2F.jpeg
I stayed in a hostile once, didn’t care for it :wink: woof!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #2,312 of 6,413
I read the topic from the start. It convinced me to buy the M0.

There is no need for you to believe me. There are a lot of players using a similar approach. A Linux operating system but their own player application. I am not disputing Shanling made their own player application, the basic Linux framework no doubt comes from the company supplying the SoC (my guess would be Ingenic).

Shanling basically said they wanted control over their OS that using Hiby didn't give them. Didn't know it was Linux based, but what isn't Linux based these days...

Would be nice to hear from @Shanling with an update on the phone app. Think it's been pretty silent on that front.

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #2,313 of 6,413
Hi,
WhileI don`t have an OTG USB-C cable to connect my Mo to an XDSD, I have paired them BT (AptX). My problem is the M0 get disconnect every 5 minutes or so. I need to reconnect from the touchscreen. The two are next to each other and play the same album. Anyone with the same problem? FIrmware v 2.1

Jul 30, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,317 of 6,413
@Shanling

What’s the max amount of songs that can be put in one playlist? And how many songs for the favorites list?

Thanks!

Theoretically there is no limit, but our recommendation is it to keep it under 500 songs, otherwise your device can get quite laggy.

Hey, does it have a line-out and stream Tidal from Iphone?

It has line-out setting. If it's "true line out" setting is different question, because ES9218p is all-in-one solution chip.
You can stream from your iPhone over bluetooth Tidal, spotify, Youtube, pretty much any sound. Due to limitation of iOS, max quality will be AAC.

There is a line-out setting for the headphone jack. No streaming.

Qafro was asking about streaming from iPhone, in which case there is streaming.

Shanling basically said they wanted control over their OS that using Hiby didn't give them. Didn't know it was Linux based, but what isn't Linux based these days...

Would be nice to hear from @Shanling with an update on the phone app. Think it's been pretty silent on that front.

I can say it's based on Linux and Ingenic.
We can argue here about definitions of system and how common user understands that term. The fact is that we have software team, we are the one building UI, making changes to it, adding features, etc.

Regarding app, we have early alpha version for android.

If I recall correctly, the max song limit is around 25000

Nope, current limit is 40 000 files.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 31, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #2,319 of 6,413
hey, his player has great sound quality. Ive got some final iems plugged and sounds awesome. Need to get the hang of navigating around though.

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #2,321 of 6,413
hey guys I have a question about LDAC sound quality. I bought these ProStereo H2 earphones today. They support LDAC. When I paired them with the M0 I selected the LDAC - HQ option in bluetooth settings. But the sound quality even worst than my Apple Airpods. I am sending my earphones back. I didn't like them at all. They sound like a tin.

People who use LDAC with this DAP could you guys recommend me any good headphones (I want to use at gym so they need to be sweat proof).

Or do I need to change any settings in the M0 to make audio quality better with LDAC?

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #2,323 of 6,413
I wonder if it is simply possible to skip a song or change the volume during jogging
because inline remote is not working and this isn't possible with bluetooth either .

As Shanling allready answered : there is no inline remote-control and never will, because there is no physical space for needed components. Also, they want to add BT controls to receiver mode in future update.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #2,324 of 6,413
@Shanling
The Bluetooth connection shows my Bose soundlink is connected and the bose speakers shows something is connected but no music.

I have to turn off the speaker and M0 and both back on for them to reconnect.

Sometimes happens sometimes does not.

Sometimes it works OK?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #2,325 of 6,413
As if this tiny little nugget of audio goodness wasn't amazing enough, I've just hooked it up in my car and GOD DAMN!! The difference in sound quality is insane.

Once again I just need to give huge respect for what you've built here. This little thing is kick ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back