Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 21, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2,086 of 6,418
Checking in to say that I still love my m0, but saw a deal on the art that was too good to pass up. 150 USD, tax free, with a $20 off coupon. Had to get it in blue, but I think it's going to be a nice companion to the m0.

Also, thanks for bringing the updates back to my memory. I'm going to have to see if mine needs one.

What is the art??

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #2,089 of 6,418
Special show price on the M0 at canjam too: -20£ so you can buy it for £80
But they only have black or titanium colors.
So I bought a second M0 to gift :)
No leather cases or clips available though.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #2,090 of 6,418
Hi guys,
News from London CanJam.
Shanling finished producing M1, M2s, M3s. These models will be taken off from their portable range.
The reason is the Shanling made only hardware and third party made the software for their daps. And because of the lot of issue feedback and the non responsible software updates, bug fixes - the Shanling not able to do itself - they cancelled the contract with that company.
From now the Shanling develop the software as well and will be updated well in the future.
The first dap is the M0, that is full developed and supported by Shanling.
So from now they are able to work quickly on fixes, updates based on customer feedback.
End of August coming their new flagship, M5 something, and in this year one more model, positioned somewhere between M0 and the new M5.
These three model will be supported correctly only.

(sorry for my english)

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #2,091 of 6,418
Hi guys,
News from London CanJam.
Shanling finished producing M1, M2s, M3s. These models will be taken off from their portable range.
The reason is the Shanling made only hardware and third party made the software for their daps. And because of the lot of issue feedback and the non responsible software updates, bug fixes - the Shanling not able to do itself - they cancelled the contract with that company.
From now the Shanling develop the software as well and will be updated well in the future.
So from now they are able to work quickly on fixes, updates based on customer feedback.
End of August coming their new flagship, M5 something, and in this year one more model, positioned somewhere between M0 and the new M5.

(sorry for my english)

Your English is fine and thanks for the information. I am really happy with mine even with the fingerprint / thumbprint under the glass as it doesn't affect the usability and I can't be troubled with sending the unit back to China for a refund.

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,092 of 6,418
Special show price on the M0 at canjam too: -20£ so you can buy it for £80
But they only have black or titanium colors.
So I bought a second M0 to gift :)
No leather cases or clips available though.

The force is weak on the clip case :wink: Seriously it is major suckage. The clip is way too weak to be of use unless you clip it to something pretty thick - ie waistband.

The pleather one is pretty nice. I hope somebody makes a better clip one.

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #2,093 of 6,418
Hi guys,
News from London CanJam.

(sorry for my english)

LOVE the M0 will be really looking forward to the new models. Shanling might even overtake Sony as my favorite dap manufacture.

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #2,094 of 6,418
Oh and if anybody in the US wants a Clip case free pm me. I will never use it. And I think I can send it first class for like a buck- so I can cover that. Just don’t expect lightning fast shipping lol.

Otherwise it’s going in the trash- I already have the leather one. I say US because shipping it even to Canada would cost more than the clip, so Lower 48 states US only.

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #2,095 of 6,418
Hi guys,
News from London CanJam.

(sorry for my english)

Well, that was expected with Hiby getting knee deep into their own hardware/software design to worry about. And based on what we see with M0 and the new touch OS, I think Shanling is in a good shape :wink:

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #2,096 of 6,418
Has anyone observed odd things relating to timing and DSD files?
- a .dsf or .dff DSD64 file in the play progress bar shows a length/duration much longer than actual real-time length;
- when the file is being played back, the time elapsed moves at an actual 1-second cadence, but the time counter frequently (and seemingly randomly) will jump two seconds (e.g. counter would show 1,3,4,5,7,8,10,etc)
- SACD .iso will delineate the tracks with the embedded cue and the actual song length, but because of the "accelerated" elapsed time, playback gets cut-off and proceeds to play the next track. Same behavior playing a single .dff (converted from .iso) + cue.

None of these problems are observed with FLAC

FW 2.1

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #2,098 of 6,418
The force is weak on the clip case :wink: Seriously it is major suckage. The clip is way too weak to be of use unless you clip it to something pretty thick - ie waistband.

The pleather one is pretty nice. I hope somebody makes a better clip one.

I found adding the rubber strip to the back of the clip really helps it grip better but yeah I do hope Shanling can come up with something better.

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #2,100 of 6,418
Has anyone observed odd things relating to timing and DSD files?
- a .dsf or .dff DSD64 file in the play progress bar shows a length/duration much longer than actual real-time length;
- when the file is being played back, the time elapsed moves at an actual 1-second cadence, but the time counter frequently (and seemingly randomly) will jump two seconds (e.g. counter would show 1,3,4,5,7,8,10,etc)
- SACD .iso will delineate the tracks with the embedded cue and the actual song length, but because of the "accelerated" elapsed time, playback gets cut-off and proceeds to play the next track. Same behavior playing a single .dff (converted from .iso) + cue.

None of these problems are observed with FLAC

FW 2.1

Is it playing OK? Looks like its struggling with the format. I will check mine out.

OK I have one DSF album and it plays OK.
No stuttering on time elapsed and showing correct time.
No jumping further into next track.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back