Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #2,041 of 6,418
Is it terrible customer service or destiny?

Okay so I cancelled my M0 order online with the dealer two days ago. I got a confirmation email that my order has been cancelled. Then this morning checking my email I get a tracking number and notification it is out for delivery today. Now I still don't have it yet so something can still go wrong especially since they used the worst delivery service in Canada Purolator or as I call them Pure$%^^. They have lost more shipments to me then they have delivered and have the laziest drivers in the world. They more often then not leave a tag "Sorry We Missed You" when I have been sitting at home all day waiting. Their closest pickup depot is a good 35 minute drive from me to.

So if they somehow manage to actually deliver my unit today I will call it destiny. If they mess it up then it is terrible customer service. Fingers crossed for destiny.

Hello fish1050,

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us.

Could you please email us your latest tracking number? We'll look into this for you.

Regards,
Vincent
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #2,042 of 6,418
The sound quality of my M0 continues to impress after over a month of almost daily use. The only real issue that has presented itself is that lately whenever I am using any of my BT headphones with the M0, I experience a skip or dropout in music playback about a couple of times each track. Sounds almost like a "tick" in the music. Barely lasts a quarter of a second but it's noticeable and happens with all 3 of my BT headphones when using AptX or AAC. Doesn't happen when I use my iPhone as the source for the headphones. Wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #2,043 of 6,418
The sound quality of my M0 continues to impress after over a month of almost daily use. The only real issue that has presented itself is that lately whenever I am using any of my BT headphones with the M0, I experience a skip or dropout in music playback about a couple of times each track. Sounds almost like a "tick" in the music. Barely lasts a quarter of a second but it's noticeable and happens with all 3 of my BT headphones when using AptX or AAC. Doesn't happen when I use my iPhone as the source for the headphones. Wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?
I do. Not as often as you probably, but happens sometimes. Maybe once every few tracks. First it sounds like scratch , then rewinds fast for a second, then plays normally.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #2,044 of 6,418
All that the hard reset button does is just restart the player. Defeats the purpose of a reset button IMO.

Is there a way to flash firmware without touch screen access or do a factory reset

Too bad you can’t navigate at all, you could hook it up your pc and try to update it with the new firmware. Or try to re flash it with that firmware.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #2,045 of 6,418
It would make sense for this M0 design (with no buttons to enter some sort of recovery mode) to attempt a firmware upgrade when the device is turned on and it finds a firmware update file on the microsd card.

Alternatively, to upgrade the firmware over USB with some tool running on a PC.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #2,046 of 6,418
It would make sense for this M0 design (with no buttons to enter some sort of recovery mode) to attempt a firmware upgrade when the device is turned on and it finds a firmware update file on the microsd card.

Alternatively, to upgrade the firmware over USB with some tool running on a PC.

A great idea, I’ve had Sony players in the past you could upgrade/flash the firmware with an executable file on your PC.

I’ve also had some cowon and irivers that would start the firmware upgrade as soon as it was disconnected from the PC.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #2,049 of 6,418
Hello fish1050,

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us.

Could you please email us your latest tracking number? We'll look into this for you.

Regards,
Vincent
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com

I did eventually get my package delivered but it was after 6 pm at night after waiting all day. My issues with Purolator go far beyond this one delivery going back years. I have had missed delivery notices stuck to the door of my apartment while I am sitting in my apartment waiting because the driver was to lazy to bring the package to my door, packages shown as out for delivery that were never put on a truck. Packages left in the back of your vehicles for days and being told they were lost.

While I appreciate your interest in my situation, to much water under the bridge to trust Purolator with my deliveries if at all possible

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #2,050 of 6,418
Yes I did finally get my M0 late yesterday.

Loaded about half my library on it today and I have to say initially I found the sound a little to bright for my liking if that is the right word to use. Especially compared to my relatively warm sounding A17/Q1 stack. But with anything it takes time to adjust to something new and after listening for a few hours I started warming to the sound. I would still prefer a bit more warmth to the sound but for the price and all the other positives still quite happy. The other test will be when I try to use the M0 with my Sony receiver and bluetooth speakers. I hope to try that in the next few days and least get a good connection with LDAC standard..

After 4 years with the A17 hardware buttons I am finding the touchscreen a little finicky. But I expect that to improve once I get use to such a small touchscreen. Having had a chance to use for a bit I do wish Shanling had made this a replacement for the M1 and kept the same size as the M1. It would improve the usability for me at least if it had a slightly larger screen. It does drive my headphones very well and not needing to also carry around a portable amp is a major bonus.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #2,051 of 6,418
Yes I did finally get my M0 late yesterday.

Loaded about half my library on it today and I have to say initially I found the sound a little to bright for my liking if that is the right word to use. Especially compared to my relatively warm sounding A17/Q1 stack. But with anything it takes time to adjust to something new and after listening for a few hours I started warming to the sound. I would still prefer a bit more warmth to the sound but for the price and all the other positives still quite happy. The other test will be when I try to use the M0 with my Sony receiver and bluetooth speakers. I hope to try that in the next few days and least get a good connection with LDAC standard..

After 4 years with the A17 hardware buttons I am finding the touchscreen a little finicky. But I expect that to improve once I get use to such a small touchscreen. Having had a chance to use for a bit I do wish Shanling had made this a replacement for the M1 and kept the same size as the M1. It would improve the usability for me at least if it had a slightly larger screen. It does drive my headphones very well and not needing to also carry around a portable amp is a major bonus.
Don't hesitate to listen to the different digital filters. Some, like the brickwall have a harder highend that can sound brighter. I am using the appodizing filter at the moment and find it more relaxed sounding.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #2,052 of 6,418
I think you should point it to lior777 direction as he is the one that wanted hebrew :) Thanks though
I think @lior777 is only after Hebrew font for track / album names. Not entire menus in Hebrew...

Jul 20, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #2,054 of 6,418
thanks for the advice, when i got my order i will make it but i need shanling Comment..

After a little more digging, translating the resource file to Hebrew will not help. The font file used (YaHei+Arial) does not contain Hebrew symbols. Greek or Russian (Cyrillic) should be possible as those character sets are included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back