Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 19, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #2,027 of 6,418
People aren't satisfied with the clip because of its design, it because it's a clip. People want a clip, but they want a more secure design. And a simpler more secure design would function just fine on the wrist with a strap that allowed it to clip on.

I mostly use the clip as protection for the M0 so far. The clip itself does not give me much confidence based on how it feels but I have not tested that much in real world scenario's.

What I would like is some sort of silicone 'case' like you see for smartphones. Does not have to be too sturdy, just enough to prevent the M0 from getting unneeded scratches on the glass and body.

I do however understand that it might be difficult for Shanling to produce such a thing if they do have limited sales (so far). It must make business sense too. Maybe it happens in the not too distant future.

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #2,028 of 6,418
I was trying to avoid the leather case and get the clip, but the leather case isn't bad, and it's form fitting and doesn't add much bulk at all. Like it better than the M1 case with the belt flap. That's what I'd get if you were looking for a silicone or TPU type case. And I stuck an Acco clip on the back of mine.

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #2,029 of 6,418
No(t yet)

That's is a nice way of putting it :).

Not yet implemented.

I hope the Replay Gain feature currently in the works. Its a good to have feature for people like me who use such devices for workout and don't have to keep fidgeting with the volume control of the headset.

PS: My M0 will be delivered today :)

Jul 19, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #2,032 of 6,418
@Shanling - Received my m0 today. Sadly it seems to have a touchscreen issue out of the box.
Continuous Random scrolling and clicking. The device is totally unusable. :frowning2:

Video Link -

Purchased from AliExpress.
Please let me know the warranty policy on this.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #2,033 of 6,418
Is there any way to get the clip to be stiffer?
This is the second time that it magically stops clipping on my shirt and puts all its weight and momentum on my earbud cable.
Not really useful if I am always worrying about it trying to commit suicide, I might go bad to the leather one with a carabiner clip...

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #2,034 of 6,418
Is there any way to get the clip to be stiffer?

I was wondering if it would help to drill small holes on either side of the clip and run a rubber band or something through it to provide more clamp on the clip.
Did not try it yet as I fear the M0 might not click into the clip properly anymore then.
Running a rubber band over the screen will most likely hurt the touchscreen functionality.

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #2,035 of 6,418
I was wondering if it would help to drill small holes on either side of the clip and run a rubber band or something through it to provide more clamp on the clip.
Did not try it yet as I fear the M0 might not click into the clip properly anymore then.
Running a rubber band over the screen will most likely hurt the touchscreen functionality.

I was thinking rubber bands too, just couldn't think of a way to run it through.
Now that the initial rage of having my ear holes tugged pretty hard again passed, I realized that folding my collar does stiffen the grip.
I might pass a cord through the top of the clip and use a carabiner clip as a safety clip when I do something other than sitting perfectly still...

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #2,038 of 6,418
@Shanling - Received my m0 today. Sadly it seems to have a touchscreen issue out of the box.
Random scrolling and clicking.
Video Link -

Purchased from AliExpress.

Looks like it needs an exorcism:wink: I take it you have tried soft and hard resets. That’s why I try to buy from amazon for easy returns. Although Ali is pretty good to deal with.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #2,039 of 6,418
Looks like it needs an exorcism:wink: I take it you have tried soft and hard resets. That’s why I try to buy from amazon for easy returns. Although Ali is pretty good to deal with.

All that the hard reset button does is just restart the player. Defeats the purpose of a reset button IMO.

Is there a way to flash firmware without touch screen access or do a factory reset

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,040 of 6,418
Why not translate the menu text to Hebrew then send that to Shanling. May speed it up

Suppose you want to submit new translations to Shanling, it might help to have the language files from the 2.1 firmware.

The attached zip contains all 11 languages that are included by default.

Attachments

• languages.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back