Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 5, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #1,742 of 6,418
I would really love a bigger player, with touch screen, but VALUE oriented. In other words - PLEASE do not go to A&K price territory.... :astonished:
Maybe a $150-170 DAP with M2 screen size?

If they double the size and the battery of the M0 and put a balanced output in it, they will have something. But with a bigger screen also, this might be more towards 250€ then... .

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #1,744 of 6,418
I had the opportunity to try this little player today and it is a pleasant surprise. It's clean sounding and surprisingly powerful and was able to drive the Acostune HS1551 Cu (a fairly demanding dynamic driver IEM) with fairly good authority. The UI is quite good and I was able to get around with ease and the touch response was snappy. The only reason I didn't put down 120 bucks on the spot was because it lacks remote control via a smartphone app over BT like with previous offerings which can be paired with Hiby Link, if a similar feature is available I would buy this and strap it to drive my KSE1200 system for on the go because then I would be able to keep the KSE1200 system in a tiny waist pouch clip to my belt and just use my smartphone to control the DAP for maximum convenience as well as excellent sound quality (no I'm not going to stream from my phone to the M0 over BT, I just want the phone to act as the remote UI).

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,746 of 6,418
I am so glad ppl are enjoying this dap if it is good the community will support it... i am still loving this thing .just discovered high gain didnt even know it was there but boy can this dap sound nice its the clean sound and the awesome treble that i love about this little thing ...i have no regrets selling my R3 now ....well done shanling this is my first dap from you and hopefully wont be by last .....:L3000:

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #1,750 of 6,418
I am so glad ppl are enjoying this dap if it is good the community will support it... i am still loving this thing .just discovered high gain didnt even know it was there but boy can this dap sound nice its the clean sound and the awesome treble that i love about this little thing ...i have no regrets selling my R3 now ....well done shanling this is my first dap from you and hopefully wont be by last .....:L3000:

I tell you I am so anxious to get my hands on mine, don't know how I will make it through the weekend. Mine should ship on Monday god willing. All this positive user feedback makes me so happy I pulled the trigger on a Shanling DAP finally. I came so close to grabbing an A45 more times than I can count but something kept holding me back. Now I know what it was "Shanling M0"!!!

Jul 5, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,751 of 6,418
I tell you I am so anxious to get my hands on mine, don't know how I will make it through the weekend. Mine should ship on Monday god willing. All this positive user feedback makes me so happy I pulled the trigger on a Shanling DAP finally. I came so close to grabbing an A45 more times than I can count but something kept holding me back. Now I know what it was "Shanling M0"!!!

i have the A45 and the M0 listening to both of them right now and i can say you made the right choice the M0 sounds better than the sony A45...the sony sounds warmer with a small soundstage ...the M0 is clearer sounding with its nice treble and soundstage and it has the bass slam to go with it.... i keep talking about it but i just love it lol...listening with my DT770 80ohm the M0 drives it comfortably the power is better than the a45 ..its not a dark sounding dap it reminds me of the FIIO X5 2nd gen in a way..the fiio obviously sounds better with its more detailed but this is not a bad dap for the size.

it cannot drive my senn 650 but no dap can without an amp to get the proper scale of the headphones

IMG_20180705_204450.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #1,752 of 6,418
If they double the size and the battery of the M0 and put a balanced output in it, they will have something. But with a bigger screen also, this might be more towards 250€ then... .
M2s costs $199 in the US. It can be done! :wink:

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #1,753 of 6,418
M2s costs $199 in the US. It can be done! :wink:
I think anything under $1000 will have a big market.
(Not as big as a $99/109 DAP market, but still...)

Mike

Jul 5, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #1,754 of 6,418
I would bet the next version of the M2 will have features as discussed here. Balanced out in particular. I have been a big fan of the M2 line, but the M0 is pretty impressive.

For those who are upset about the price increase, what until the USA tariffs wars start kicking in. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #1,755 of 6,418
Finally, upgraded my phone, rocking Galaxy S9 since yesterday, which means now I have access to LDAC wireless codec. Except Samsung hid it, need to activate Developer Options to enable it, many won't even know it's there. But nevertheless, while pairing up M0 using LDAC HQ with S9, regardless of which IEM I tried, everything sounds like nearly a wired performance and a HUGE step up from a regular default BT connection. I hear a wider soundstage, a better low end extension, and the most noticeable improvement - sound dynamics is more expanded (vertically), not as flat.

So, in addition to all other features, M0 also makes one cool LDAC wireless dongle :wink:

I just got my m0 today, I'm currently using oneplus 5t and yet in my developer options when I choose ldac, it reverts back to sbc whenever I connect it to the m0. I we have the same setup BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back