Shanling M0 Pro - Ultra-Portable Hi-Fi Player, Now With Balanced Output!
Mar 26, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #346 of 801
The only thing have yet to try is Bluetooth headphones..

Please do. M0 Pro & TWS would make a very cute mini HiFi combo, ideal for the beach 🏖️

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #348 of 801
Please do. M0 Pro & TWS would make a very cute mini HiFi combo, ideal for the beach 🏖️
The BT out of the M0pro is good. If you are looking for a mini combo, pairing with TWS works well. The range is pretty good. I use AptX HD because it has the best sound quality for practicality when using the TWS. I used the LDAC for when I'm streaming to the M0pro since I'm pairing it with a higher quality DAC.

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #349 of 801
Can someone explain what happens, if I have the m0 pro connected to the phone through Bluetooth and i receive a call?
- Does it give any sound or on screen warning?
- Can I answer the call on the m0 pro?
- I have to ear and talk through the phone or can I use a inline mic cable on the m0 pro to talk?
- can I ear the call through the m0 pro and use the mic on the phone?

I would to use the m0 pro as a Bluetooth receiver. But if every time i have to answer a call I have to take my in-ear off, isn't worth it.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #350 of 801
One shining attribute of the M0/M0 Pro is it doesn't become a "dumb screen" when used as a BT receiver. It displays song information (title, artist, etc) while others, more expensive ones, becomes a dumb billboard with a giant "LDAC" displayed across the screen like it's a flex of some sort :beyersmile:

Can someone explain what happens, if I have the m0 pro connected to the phone through Bluetooth and i receive a call?
- I have to ear and talk through the phone or can I use a inline mic cable on the m0 pro to talk?

I would to use the m0 pro as a Bluetooth receiver. But if every time i have to answer a call I have to take my in-ear off, isn't worth it.
I only have the M0 and it does that and displays caller info on screen. I am not sure on the line mic option, haven't tried it.

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #351 of 801
One shining attribute of the M0/M0 Pro is it doesn't become a "dumb screen" when used as a BT receiver. It displays song information (title, artist, etc) while others, more expensive ones, becomes a dumb billboard with a giant "LDAC" displayed across the screen like it's a flex of some sort :beyersmile:

I only have the M0 and it does that and displays caller info on screen. I am not sure on the line mic option, haven't tried it.
Thank you!

If you answer the call what happens? You can hear the person through m0 pro? And the person can hear you?

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #352 of 801
Thank you!

If you answer the call what happens? You can hear the person through m0 pro? And the person can hear you?
That I don’t know as I do not use or tried it with iem with inline mic. What I do know, at least on my original M0, is it partially mutes the music with incoming calls and displays caller info on screen.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #353 of 801
I am still having issues with the player while I use it plugged in.
For example I start playing a folder, then plug the device to the adapter and once the folder finishes playing, the device (I assume) goes into the standby mode. Once in standby mode, a huge battery icon shows up on the screen and there's nothing I can do. No gestures, button presses or anything works. The only thing that I can do, is double press the power button, to make it start playing the same folder again. And it would be great, however, even after I restart playing music with the double press method, once I unplug the device it stops playing and reverts to some other folder that I listened to from before.
I can assume it happens because of the auto standby mode because I tested the same thing, but with music playing on repeat, and it worked fine even after unplugging it from the charger.
Hope you get the point.
Are there any firmware updates being prepared as we speak? Can you look into the auto standby/battery icon being unresponsive/reverting back to previous folder issue?
Cheers

M0 Pro can't enter standby mode when it's on charger. It switches off and starts charging. To use it again, start it up bu holding down the wheel for few seconds.

For calls, you will hear the person on call from the output of M0 Pro. But it has no support for microphones, so the microphone on your phone would be the one working.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 30, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #354 of 801
Got it yesterday, after extremely fast delivery from Aliexpress. It is tiny, but still has a premium feel. The UI is smooth and fast, sounds clean and transparent and the bluetooth connection is effortless. Connected it to exactly 25 different BT earbuds and headphones with no problems. Coming previously from FiiO M5, this is a huge step up.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #355 of 801
Ok another update , shanlings battery estimations leave a lot to be desired...
It's not awful and I would still wholely recommend this little gem but realistically your talking about 6.5 hours balanced, and this is hardly using the screen and just listening, if you're a flicker your talking maybe 5 or 5.5 hours and if your a super flicker maybe even less...
But please take in to consideration this is tiny! And I would consider 6.5 hours for a device this size ok battery life using balanced and hi Res files 24 bit etc.
This was tested by leaving on playing randomly what it liked , from cd rip 16 bit to 24 bit at a highish ear listening volume using toneking dendroaspis viridis.

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #356 of 801
Having FiiO M5, Shanling M0 Pro and just got the Hiby R2 II. Except for the FiiO's convenient back clip, M0 Pro wins in all other categories hands down.

Attachments

• FiiO M5, Shanling = Pro, Hiby R2 II.jpeg
    FiiO M5, Shanling = Pro, Hiby R2 II.jpeg
    631.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #357 of 801
Got it yesterday, after extremely fast delivery from Aliexpress. It is tiny, but still has a premium feel. The UI is smooth and fast, sounds clean and transparent and the bluetooth connection is effortless. Connected it to exactly 25 different BT earbuds and headphones with no problems. Coming previously from FiiO M5, this is a huge step up.
That's good to know. I have these Bluetooth ear hook transceivers that adapt my wired IEMs to wireless (AZ09 and UTWS5). I have problems when walking the dog using them with my Q1 and R3 Pro. Oftentimes when I turn my head to check traffic one side will cut out temporarily. I think it is because the devices are so small their antennas aren't powerful enough to keep a strong connection. I usually don't have that problem with my iPhone with these devices. So I have this idea I'll need a bigger DAP to use them with Bluetooth.

Apr 6, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #359 of 801
That's good to know. I have these Bluetooth ear hook transceivers that adapt my wired IEMs to wireless (AZ09 and UTWS5). I have problems when walking the dog using them with my Q1 and R3 Pro. Oftentimes when I turn my head to check traffic one side will cut out temporarily. I think it is because the devices are so small their antennas aren't powerful enough to keep a strong connection. I usually don't have that problem with my iPhone with these devices. So I have this idea I'll need a bigger DAP to use them with Bluetooth.
I had the same problem. Right side dropout/static. I changed the M0's preferred mode from aptX to LDAC and that cured it. Still waiting for the new firmware to fix that and several other issues.

Apr 6, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #360 of 801
I'm trying to connect with ldac ...I have some aptx adaptive here il try those too , even my phone on sync link with the eddict player has it's moments ..
Il report back in a minute try my aptx buds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back