Shanling M0 Pro - Ultra-Portable Hi-Fi Player, Now With Balanced Output!
Jan 1, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #61 of 804
One more information about Shanling M0 Pro Lineout mode, the device doesn't automatically maximize volume but instead disable volume wheel. So workaround for me is set volume at maximum first, then select lineout mode.

Attachments

• 20230102_102036.jpg
    20230102_102036.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #62 of 804
The m0 pro sound the same as the m0? Anyone can compare with the m0 and the hidizis 80 pro x? I can get the hidizs 80 pro x for 146e and was wondering if I should wait for the m0 pro.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #63 of 804
The m0 pro sound the same as the m0? Anyone can compare with the m0 and the hidizis 80 pro x? I can get the hidizs 80 pro x for 146e and was wondering if I should wait for the m0 pro.

I'd say get the hidizs, it has a bigger screen and an easier to use UI and mseb, And even the original ap80 sounded better than the original m0. The X sounds very, very good, it compares with hiby r3 pro saber, I even prefer the sound of the X just a bit more. My opnions of course 😉 but I can't fault hidizs for their sound quality- their stuff is very neutral for the most part and lots of details.

Shanling still excellent but mostly a bit warmer, although original m0 had a different signature, not typical shanling sound. But to me the extra bit of real estate on the ap80 X makes a big difference in usability.

Jan 2, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #64 of 804
Will it support the new higher audio quality codecs?
No support for aptX Adaptive or aptX HD.

Only in marketing materials :beyersmile:

In real life, it is sold separately, but apparently is not available :rolling_eyes:

Total bumer, if you ask me :thumbsdown:
It was decision of certain distributors to not order the adapter, even after we recommended to get some adapters alongside it.
The adapter is otherwise fully in stock and the majority of distributors ordered it alongside M0 Pro.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 2, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #65 of 804

I reviewed the AP80 Pro X a while ago (https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidizs-ap80-pro-x.25654/reviews#review-29163).
I personally don’t like the AP80 Pro X a lot nowadays after experiencing and A/B more stuffs. It is crisp and clear, but at the same time flat and not engaging. The flattening of soundstage is particularly deal breaker for me. I don’t think it sounds as good as Fiio BTR5.

I haven’t heard the M0, so I can’t comment, but if it has the DNA of the M6 Ultra, then I think it sounds better.

Jan 2, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #66 of 804
Likely not be great for battery life, but this might be one of the best sounding setup of it's size.

PSX_20230103_103840.jpg

Jan 2, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #67 of 804
Likely not be great for battery life, but this might be one of the best sounding setup of it's size.

PSX_20230103_103840.jpg
I did the same with my AP80 ProX. It was fun to see battery percentage drops in real time :dt880smile:

Jan 3, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #68 of 804
I reviewed the AP80 Pro X a while ago (https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidizs-ap80-pro-x.25654/reviews#review-29163).
I personally don’t like the AP80 Pro X a lot nowadays after experiencing and A/B more stuffs. It is crisp and clear, but at the same time flat and not engaging. The flattening of soundstage is particularly deal breaker for me. I don’t think it sounds as good as Fiio BTR5.

I haven’t heard the M0, so I can’t comment, but if it has the DNA of the M6 Ultra, then I think it sounds better.

It's more neutral on the low end. You can bump the bass up with mseb if you want a more fuller warmer sound. With my gear (ie800 s and Mieze classics 99) the stage is deep and holographic. Now with anything 300 ohms yes they do sound flatter because of the limited power. But to my ears it beats the original m0 handily. I like more neutral gear myself. Of course how much will the new m0 be improved soundwise? Don't know, hopefully someone will compare with vanilla m0 or ap80 pro X.

Oh, and I doubt it's going to sound anything like m6 ultra with that 4x dac/amp configuration vs the ess chips with the built in amps. And no room for bigger caps to change the sound signature on the m0 pro.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #70 of 804

Ideal situation would be to try both and keep the one you like 😉 it's highly subjective here and you ears might not agree with us here. Try to buy them from a place that has a good return policy if you can. I use Amazon alot for that purpose.

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #71 of 804
Is the bluetooth output improved over the original? I now use the M0 orig while running into some wireless earbuds that actually sound pretty good and will stay in. I originally used it wired which sounded great, but was a PITA. When wireless, when I turn my head, they will cut out briefly. Just wondering if they have a higher output transmitter.

Jan 3, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #72 of 804
It was decision of certain distributors to not order the adapter, even after we recommended to get some adapters alongside it.

So certain distributors convinced you to ditch one of the key new features, that you were proud of prior to launch ? Seriously ?
Is the slot for the adapter empty or is there no slot ? If no slot, you had made the decision a long time ago. So the pre-launch rhetoric was pure BS.
A really crappy way to launch w new product.

Jan 3, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #73 of 804
I'd say get the hidizs, it has a bigger screen and an easier to use UI and mseb, And even the original ap80 sounded better than the original m0. The X sounds very, very good, it compares with hiby r3 pro saber, I even prefer the sound of the X just a bit more. My opnions of course 😉 but I can't fault hidizs for their sound quality- their stuff is very neutral for the most part and lots of details.

Shanling still excellent but mostly a bit warmer, although original m0 had a different signature, not typical shanling sound. But to me the extra bit of real estate on the ap80 X makes a big difference in usability.
Yeah I keep checking on the AP80 Pro-X, amazon.ca has it for $250 but no other dealers so I can't try before I buy. The MSEB feature as always intrigued me and I would love to be able to try it. If the M1S is close to this price it would be hard not to bite but much more than this then it becomes less appealing. Hopefully Shanling will sharpen their pencils when it comes to setting the final price. Definitely going to take my time and read everything about the M0 Pro and M1S and of course how many firmware updates will be needed going forward.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #74 of 804
So certain distributors convinced you to ditch one of the key new features, that you were proud of prior to launch ? Seriously ?
Is the slot for the adapter empty or is there no slot ? If no slot, you had made the decision a long time ago. So the pre-launch rhetoric was pure BS.
A really crappy way to launch w new product.

I think what they are saying is that they decided after they originally announced the player to keep the adapter separate to keep the cost of the player lower for people who don't want/need balanced output. They are selling the adapter as a separate product and the distributors have the option weather or not they want to order the adapter...they didn't convince Shanling to not include the adapter, that decision was made by Shanling after they had made the initial announcement of the player.

Jan 3, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #75 of 804
Yeah I keep checking on the AP80 Pro-X, amazon.ca has it for $250 but no other dealers so I can't try before I buy. The MSEB feature as always intrigued me and I would love to be able to try it. If the M1S is close to this price it would be hard not to bite but much more than this then it becomes less appealing. Hopefully Shanling will sharpen their pencils when it comes to setting the final price. Definitely going to take my time and read everything about the M0 Pro and M1S and of course how many firmware updates will be needed going forward.

The X does go on sale sometime, of course that makes the deal sweeter- I wouldn't buy it myself unless it was 149 or less US. Plus it is pretty neutral the bass is very lean, it's fast though and you can eq it of course. But it's a very linear output, how you iems sound is how the X sounds. Although it's very controlled and smooth. I apply just a smidge of low end with mseb and stage effect just a smidge. Although with ie800 I don't have to up the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back