Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 8, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #3,376 of 6,413
Recently i brought 4gb microsd which is fat32, i tried all you said like fat32, unzip place it in the root... and still blank after restarting
didnt see any progress screen after restarting, even i leave it to sleep like 5 hour still blank... have to hard reset to get back alive (still 1.0 in screen)
Thats not normal right, I need to sent back to get replacement unit

Some video to see the problem

A 4GB SD card? I didn't know you could still buy anything that small. Is there a chance the card might be a cheap fake?

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,381 of 6,413
When I pair my M0 with Mojo via USB and skip a song there often is a clicking noise which sometimes is really loud. I tried different options but could not get rid of this.
As I remember I had this problem with other mojo sources too, so it is not M0 specific.
I would be grateful if I can get a hint how to prevent these clicking noises if possible .

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #3,382 of 6,413
So, I've been using M0 quite a bit for the last two days. Been driving for almost 9 hours a day, and I found a thing M0 does exceptionally well - feed music to the audio player head of a car! It is so amazing this way, that I've been using it almost exclusively for this purpose so far :)

With support for large microSD cards, shuffle, and a bright display visible in daylight, it is amazing :)

The touch is not perfect though, I sometimes needed to press multiple times, or performed a swipe instead of forward by mistake, I think that a mini player like this would have been great to have had buttons on the side :)

Oct 8, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #3,383 of 6,413
So at this point, what is everyone's MOST CURRENT opinion on how well the M0 sounds when connecting to and using your phone as the source via BT? Also what about ease of use/control by phone over M0?

I would ESPECIALLY like to hear from people who listen to headphones this way via the Sony LDAC codec. If you use the M0 as a DAP only, then kindly please do not respond as that is not what I'm looking to do if I was to purchase this device.

Thank you.

Oct 8, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #3,384 of 6,413
So, I've been using M0 quite a bit for the last two days. Been driving for almost 9 hours a day, and I found a thing M0 does exceptionally well - feed music to the audio player head of a car! It is so amazing this way, that I've been using it almost exclusively for this purpose so far :)

With support for large microSD cards, shuffle, and a bright display visible in daylight, it is amazing :)

The touch is not perfect though, I sometimes needed to press multiple times, or performed a swipe instead of forward by mistake, I think that a mini player like this would have been great to have had buttons on the side :)

Have to give mine a try in the ride:wink: I thought for sure you were going to post an awesome picture of your MO sitting atop your dash with expansive nature in the background:grin:

@RockStar2005 , why on earth would I want to use the MO this way when the Shanling house sound is awesome? I personally prefer my phone blue tooth to my Radso ES100. How do you like your phone files via the MO?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #3,385 of 6,413
So at this point, what is everyone's MOST CURRENT opinion on how well the M0 sounds when connecting to and using your phone as the source via BT? Also what about ease of use/control by phone over M0?

I would ESPECIALLY like to hear from people who listen to headphones this way via the Sony LDAC codec. If you use the M0 as a DAP only, then kindly please do not respond as that is not what I'm looking to do if I was to purchase this device.

Thank you.
@RockStar2005 - you should just pull the trigger on the M0. Seriously. It's easily the best value for money audio product I've seen in my life.
Audio quality via LDAC to the M0 is very close to the sound you'd get listening direct from your V30. It's awesome. Buy it. You won't regret it :)

Oct 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #3,386 of 6,413
Have to give mine a try in the ride:wink: I thought for sure you were going to post an awesome picture of your MO sitting atop your dash with expansive nature in the background:grin:

@RockStar2005 , why on earth would I want to use the MO this way when the Shanling house sound is awesome? I personally prefer my phone blue tooth to my Radso ES100. How do you like your phone files via the MO?

I was going to, but realised I didn't take any photo with it on my car over the weekend, visited some Romanian places :)

Little Sunset from the Danube, Romania

DpAx2J0WkAAlULD.jpg:large

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #3,387 of 6,413

Hey Podster,

I don't understand? If you're using the M0 in the way I described, it should make no difference (assuming sound settings are set the same way). The M0 should still be handling all processing duties. I'd still prefer to use my own EQ via Poweramp on my phone(s).

If you prefer the Shanling "house sound", then why is your personal preference to use the Radsone ES100? I'm confused. lol So which one do you like more?

It seems to me that M0 and the ES100 have about the same sound quality. The ES100 can only get loud enough to power my 250-ohm Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro headphones IF I use a balanced connection, which isn't really an option for me b/c it uses a mini-XLR connector (the Beyers I mean). But the M0 appears to have a stronger unbalanced output, so I'd be more open to trying that out. Though I COULD consider spending more and getting the Ampio G1 or even the iFi xDSD, but they cost like 2-4 times as much, so I dunno. lol

One review here on Head-Fi (see first one by ustinj) compared the M0 to the V20's Quad DAC, and said it sounded better. So that got me interested. lol It appears that he's comparing the M0 to the V20 with the V20 connected to headphones directly and via BT. If I'm wrong let me know.

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #3,388 of 6,413
@RockStar2005 - you should just pull the trigger on the M0. Seriously. It's easily the best value for money audio product I've seen in my life.
Audio quality via LDAC to the M0 is very close to the sound you'd get listening direct from your V30. It's awesome. Buy it. You won't regret it :)

See my post to Podster. lol It might even OUTDO the V20/V30 (same Quad DAC by Sabre) if that one reviewer is right and I'm understanding him correctly that he actually compared the M0 in BT vs. V30 wired connection. If you think I read that wrong, let me know please. lol

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #3,390 of 6,413
Wait, Podster and csg,

I think perhaps he just compared them wired vs. wired and BT vs. BT. Ughh!! That's not what I wanted!!!! F! lol

Well I should have not replied at all Rock as you did say if you use the MO as a pass through for a phone. I do use my ES100 for that purpose but I use all my Shanlings as DAP’s only and I do prefer the Shanling house sound to my Opus #1, FiiO X3ii, Cayin N3/5 and my AK Jr.
My apologies for butting into your thread based on your question/request!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back