Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 9, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #1,171 of 6,418
Ah, that old chestnut!

This is due to the time taken for the DAC to wake up. It's not a fault of the M0 per se but it is something Shanling could easily fix nonetheless.

What is needed is the ability to add about 1 second of almost-but-not-quite-silence at the start of playback when using as a USB transport.
Ah, that old chestnut!

This is due to the time taken for the DAC to wake up. It's not a fault of the M0 per se but it is something Shanling could easily fix nonetheless.

What is needed is the ability to add about 1 second of almost-but-not-quite-silence at the start of playback when using as a USB transport.
Hi technobear,
Thank you for your reply.

I have used several DAPs like ONKYO, FIIO with Mojo and this is the first time.
I added 1 second silence at the beginning of the file and found it worked.
I will consider what should I do.

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #1,172 of 6,418
So I received mine yesterday and the first thing I did was update to 2.0.
So far I am absolutely happy with the M0!
Usability of the small screen is of course a bit finnicky at first, but I think Shanling did a great job with the UI. You just have to get used to doing micro swipes on this micro screen. LOL.
Sound quality is somewhere between my Chord Mojo and my Galaxy S9.
LDAC receiver mode works like a charm. Best bluetooth SQ I've heard so far.
Indexing of the SD card was really quick also. Hmmmm nothing to complain for me.

Jun 9, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #1,173 of 6,418
Shanling-M0_3.jpg

Jun 9, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #1,174 of 6,418
20180609_110312.jpg
20180609_110312.jpg
Got mine two days ago. I received it woth 1.5 preinstalled and today i did the 2.0 update without any problems. The sound is very close to my lg v20. Maybe v20 is a little bit "cleaner" but we are talking about very small difference, im not good with the terms so im dont know how to explain better sorry. Anyway im very very happy with this little beast. Thanks @Shanling for this and promise us that you will continue putting out ultraportable daps. :)
I was waiting a real long time about one and finally my prayers have been answered. xd

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 9, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #1,175 of 6,418
No luck cleaning it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfroinhzear6vod/IMG_0831.MOV?dl=0

Seller are telling me to update the firmware but I cannot, as I cannot interact

In few occasions we saw this, proper cleaning of the screen helped.Otherwise it's fully covered by warranty and your seller should get you replacement unit.

Thinking outside the box and lots and lots of engineering work.

We are aware of font problems and looking into fix.

When you turn off M0, it's truly turned off. So keeping BT on or off has no meaning in this state.

Shorter standby time than 1 minute? For some people even this feels like too short. Also, you don't need to choice either, keep M0 turned on for ever! (or until battery runs out)
We prefer look with no logo, HR is there just to please the given group of customers. Otherwise, looking 95% of time on same 16/44 seems kind of boring.
We have some improvements with tearing, hoping to get rid of it completely over time.
I tried to make all the settings text as short as possible to fit the screen. And in English version, you need to scroll anything in setting very rarely. Of course, some other languages, like German, can be little bit more complicated. But not much we can do about it.
Of course you can charge and listen at the same time. It's just basic manual recommendation, theoretically it's safer if you are not using device while charging it.

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #1,178 of 6,418
No luck cleaning it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfroinhzear6vod/IMG_0831.MOV?dl=0

Seller are telling me to update the firmware but I cannot, as I cannot interact
MP101 - check out my posting history. I was posting about the exact same issue. There's no way to fix, it just needs to be replaced by the seller.

My replacement is currently on its way.

I found that if I squeezed the sides firmly I could somewhat get it working for a few minutes. But the phantom screen issue would constantly reappear

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #1,179 of 6,418
@Shanling Instead of "HR" sign, could you please display bit depth&bit rate of playing file?

I know that display both "HR" sign and bit depth/rate may be a bit too much on tiny screen, so bit depth&rate may be better choice than "HR" sign. Since you already have such info, make it display on screen while playing may not be a problem, am I right?

Jun 10, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #1,183 of 6,418
Is it possible to use the M0 as a bluetooth transmitter?

So: Source USB connection to M0 then bluetooth AAC to my headphones.

Thank you
Just to clarify, you can send Bluetooth music from your source to the M0 and listen via headphones or you can use the M0 as a Bluetooth music source and send wirelessly to a device that can receive Bluetooth, such as speakers, headphones, or receivers such as Bluewave GET, EarStudio S100 etc.
Just not both at the same time.
Needless to say, you can also listen to your music directly from the M0 without Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #1,185 of 6,418
Is anyone using m0 with mojo? How are they matching?

In some DAP / DAC combination, start of songs are cut off by 0.5 sec or so... so I would like to know if that does not happen with m0 and mojo combination

Users who are viewing this thread

Back